Let's talk free agency (step 1) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's talk free agency (step 1)

Zach Brown...Sure could have used him this past season
13 games and 127 tackles for $2,300,000

yet we paid Timmons...Another fireable offense among a long list

For all intents and purposes he was a rookie tackle.

He’s part of the solution on our line no need to turn our backs to that.

All I know is he played way better at LG his rookie year compared to LT this past year. I would have no problem moving him back to LG if they found a better LT.

you notice there are excuses for everyone on this team that under performs?

it doesn't really matter what you deem excuses versus legitimate reasoning - you can think they should move tunsil back to guard all day long....but it won't make a difference because the FO views it the same way I do....in my opinion, it legitimizes my argument to a point far beyond yours

if he plays like crap in 2018 i'm sure they'll consider moving him back to guard, but they aren't going to play shell-game with our first round tackle selection just because he didn't play well his first year playing LT in the NFL

I just saw where the Rams will likely franchise Sammy Watkins. They have a different situation (having just traded for him).

However, in my opinion, we got Jarvis for free the past four years. In my opinion, he is worth two Sammy Watkins (to us). I would see the franchise amount primarily reimbursing Landry for the past four years of production and fire.

I personally think franchising him is a no-brainer if we don't work out a long term deal. And I'm good with that. I don't think there's any way he hits FA this year (unless the team's view of his emotional shenanigans is much more negative than we know).

I just saw where the Rams will likely franchise Sammy Watkins. They have a different situation (having just traded for him).

However, in my opinion, we got Jarvis for free the past four years. In my opinion, he is worth two Sammy Watkins (to us). I would see the franchise amount primarily reimbursing Landry for the past four years of production and fire.

I personally think franchising him is a no-brainer if we don't work out a long term deal. And I'm good with that. I don't think there's any way he hits FA this year (unless the team's view of his emotional shenanigans is much more negative than we know).

No, no, no, no. You never pay someone to "make up" for anything. He got paid as a second round pick. Now he'll get paid top 10 money as a receiver. Forget about where a guy was drafted, forget about what the team is paying/overpaying other players on the team. All that is irrelevant. You set your price as to what you think he is worth now to the team and if it is not good enough, you wish him well and let him go. Take the third round comp pick, spend the $$ you save on JL on other needs. Remove the emotion from the will to keep him.

Back
Top Bottom