Letting Landry walk could be like losing Welker | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letting Landry walk could be like losing Welker

I too believe we should try to resign him to a fair deal. That means 11M per. If he wants Antonio Brown money then forget it.

The argument that his YAC and TDs are low are more a product of this offense if you ask me. While he will never be a YAC monster, I look for his numbers to go up once he leaves.

I look for his numbers to go down some if he leaves. If he goes to Cleveland or Chicago they will go down because they will rely on him as much as we do, but they are just worse teams. If he goes to a competitive team his numbers will go down because they will not rely on him for offense nearly as much. Landry is pretty much producing to the maximum of his potential right now.

I am fairly certain that no team better than ours, will pay Jarvis Landry more money than we would.

Well today's ESPN.com is convinced that he is a goner. What a disenfranchised franchise is it proves out to be true.

For the Money he wants let him walk. We can pick up 3 solid starters with that money and develop grant and one of the other 4 prospects we have or draft a slot guy. For that matter dump Suhs 20 mill post June 1 cut and grab 4 more starters. Love Suh but out D has been pathetic with him here and his contract is a stranglehold on the franchise. We have to stop paying big money and settling for 30+ year old plug ins.

Welker, Bess, Landry, what is with dolfans love affair with slot receivers? Would much rather a Charles Clay type tightend and solid OL than run a third of the offense through the slot. Heck Tannehill made Brandon Gibson/Rishard Matthews look good so either Grant, Caroo or a rookie should suffice.

Could be like losing Bess or Hartline. Two guys in the same position for a big contract and we barely skipped a beat.
LOLLLLLL. If you can't see that Landry is infinitely more talented than Hartline and/or Bess then....I just can't lol :rolleyes:

I want to see Landry with the Jets just for the media circus that would ensue and the subsequent meltdown.

Just thought I'd throw out perspective from another team's media.

https://fullpresscoverage.com/2018/02/11/bears-shouldnt-sign-jarvis-landry/

"The above shows Landry as well below the average NFL receiver when targeted. The more you throw Landry the ball, the more yardage the offense is leaving on the field. In the games where Landry has more than eight targets, the Dolphins are 11- 24. When they don’t make a concerted effort to force him the ball on ineffective short passing plays, the team is 19-10 in those games.

The folks at Football Outsiders also don’t appear to be huge proponents of Landry’s receiving value as he has never scored better than 45th among receivers in Defense-adjusted Value Over Average (DVOA). Landry has finished with a negative DVOA in three of his four seasons, despite the high volume of receptions and targets."

Black and white, plain and simple... When we focus heavily on him our record suffers.

With regards to Laundry: Sometimes the best you've got is not always good enough to do what you need to get done. This includes breadth of capability and personal discipline.

Back
Top Bottom