Liam Eichenberg - Disaster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Liam Eichenberg - Disaster

ForksPhin

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Eichenberg was an absolute disaster on Monday night. I mentioned in another thread that his play on the 4th & 2 that ended the game was the most inexplicable thing I’ve ever seen. Here it is:

And here are few more classics:

If this guy doesn’t get his act together quickly, we are in deep trouble.

It is so ironic that Eich, the one Dolphin that I genuinely dislike as a player and someone who should not even be in the NFL, derails Miami's season. I can't blame him for sucking, as he is what he is. I blame Grier for not having a real backup, serviceable NFL Center on the roster. The Center is the leader of the OL. Now signing trash heap leftovers like Harrison and Skura is too little too late. It shows a lack of foresight and preparedness on Grier's part. It's a major stain on his record and has all but killed the Dolphins Super Bowl dreams.

Tua had 2 WRs that were open on that last play.

But Eich is a complete POS! Needs to be cut
This is not true. There’s a good shot on the All-22 that Tua quickly went through 3 progressions and didn’t have anyone open. Unless he wanted to try a very tight window throw. Best best would have been to move up in the pocket…..if Eichenberg didn’t ruin that option.

Well Tua stumbles over his own feet. It wouldn’t have matter anyway haha and this guy commentating it sounds 12 years old. I don’t know **** about Xs and Os but I can guarantee you this guy doesn’t know **** either

Eich played well this year at guard. Played poorly out of position Sunday. I hope he goes back to guard where he can play well again. Problem is, the center has a lot to do pre snap. I don't know if we have the right guy on the roster for that now Williams went down.

Well Tua stumbles over his own feet. It wouldn’t have matter anyway haha and this guy commentating it sounds 12 years old. I don’t know **** about Xs and Os but I can guarantee you this guy doesn’t know **** either
Wait….did Eichenberg‘s failure need an Xs and Os explanation there? The video speaks for itself.

Eich practiced all week at guard and got moved to center in game... Dude isn't all that good to begin with, he's started at 3 different positions in the last 6 weeks. What do we expect here? He was actually doing well before Monday night, the whole ****ing team and coaches played like ****, no need to pile on Eichenberg imo...

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

Eich played well this year at guard. Played poorly out of position Sunday. I hope he goes back to guard where he can play well again. Problem is, the center has a lot to do pre snap. I don't know if we have the right guy on the roster for that now Williams went down.
Yes, I came to this conclusion too. Eich is acceptable at guard or less dangerous at guard. At center, he's a huge liability. Interesting that the article posted here said Miami was moving Eich back to guard which I then asked who the hell is playing center.

Reps and cohesion are important. The line on Monday was basically the 2nd team/3rd team in the middle. For all we know Eich may of thought the RG was going to help out but he ended up double teaming with the RT and somehow hurt himself too

Hes getting thrown around to different positions ffs. Hasn't been great since the team drafted him and now he's apparently the punching bag because he's getting put at different positions because players are going down like skittles. Seems to me ppl want a focal point to blame somebody and he's taking the brunt.

This is not true. There’s a good shot on the All-22 that Tua quickly went through 3 progressions and didn’t have anyone open. Unless he wanted to try a very tight window throw. Best best would have been to move up in the pocket…..if Eichenberg didn’t ruin that option.

Tua didn’t go through 3 progressions, that is total BS. There was an open out on the right and left side of the field. Skip to the 30 min mark on this video so someone can explain football to you.

Yes, I came to this conclusion too. Eich is acceptable at guard or less dangerous at guard. At center, he's a huge liability. Interesting that the article posted here said Miami was moving Eich back to guard which I then asked who the hell is playing center.
Would really like to see him as a Jeff Dellenbach-type who could move all over the place on the line in a pinch with no appreciable drop off. He was the textbook sixth lineman.

Back
Top Bottom