Liam Eichenberg - Disaster | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Liam Eichenberg - Disaster

Anyone care to jump on Achane for screwing up wheel routes for probable TDs lately?

Anyone care to jump on Achane for screwing up wheel routes for probable TDs lately?
I’d definitely like to know why he slowed down on what should have been an 80+ yard TD. I initially thought he was slightly held earlier in the route. Watching it again, he was bumped, but not really held.

Last edited:
However, we need to find a real center. A make believe center will not do it if we want to get to the post season and do well there.
The time to do this was during the off-season. However, Grier and McDaniel decided that it would be okay to go into the regular season with no real Center on the active roster. And, when Williams got hurt, they felt that their worst o-lineman (Eichenberg) was the guy to replace him. Now when McDaniel was hired, I kept hearing about how he was a "running game guru", which to me suggested that he would have recognized the importance of a good o-line. So, why did this "guru" not even bother to have a real Center on the roster, and feel that it was okay to use Eichenberg as the back-up? This team is run by idiots!

The time to do this was during the off-season. However, Grier and McDaniel decided that it would be okay to go into the regular season with no real Center on the active roster. And, when Williams got hurt, they felt that their worst o-lineman (Eichenberg) was the guy to replace him. Now when McDaniel was hired, I kept hearing about how he was a "running game guru", which to me suggested that he would have recognized the importance of a good o-line. So, why did this "guru" not even bother to have a real Center on the roster, and feel that it was okay to use Eichenberg as the back-up? This team is run by idiots!
I’ve said a few times earlier today that one huge mistake was not signing a real veteran center when Williams first sustained his groin injury. That vet could be fully up-to-speed with our scheme by now and stepping in this week. Instead, it’s going to take weeks for someone like Skura to be ready to play, if needed.

Eich played well this year at guard. Played poorly out of position Sunday. I hope he goes back to guard where he can play well again. Problem is, the center has a lot to do pre snap. I don't know if we have the right guy on the roster for that now Williams went down.

He doesn't know his own assignment much less calling assignments. He was also responsible for the blocked FG which would have put the game out of reach.

Agree to disagree. These guys are paid professionals. They don’t get a pass for poor play.

And I don’t recall his progression the way that you do. If I remember correctly, Eichenberg played as a rookie. I’ve given him credit for stepping in at different spots this season. That doesn’t outweigh his poor play.
Each to their own mate. Paid professionals?Giving him 'credit' for stepping in yet slagging him off for his poor play. You can't have it both ways.
So no player gets a free pass for poor play? Hmmmm.... don't sure where you going with that. So you saying Eich cost the Dolphins the game? Does Tua get a free pass? The HC? Claypool for being invisible? Holland for having sore knees? The list goes on yet a player that's not exactly expected to shine is now getting flak. Come on now.

Add it to the list. My personal favourite was a vet player slamming his helmet down when he screwed up on a tackle which gave a penalty, their Offense a new life...and a TD. But it's bye the bye when some ppl are blaming a player called Eich for wussing on a block..... unreal..

He doesn't know his own assignment much less calling assignments. He was also responsible for the blocked FG which would have put the game out of reach.
You had a go at Chubb? Just asking.

The Humanity...

main-qimg-8a5f0376af367e8f7f99377fa9c0eba9

You become a parody? Disappointed in that comment shankster. You better than that. Who's Tus? That just adds to it. 😉😂
I’m still salty over the loss. Look, I love the guy. I wish he’d run it more like he did when he got the first down. Anyhow, I digress. Liam did not play well and we knew that without watching these clips. It was penalties galore w him + the exchange w Tus - I mean Tua!

Thanks for calling me out. I needed that. We will beat the Jets. I’m 100% confident.

Eichenberg was an absolute disaster on Monday night. I mentioned in another thread that his play on the 4th & 2 that ended the game was the most inexplicable thing I’ve ever seen. Here it is:

And here are few more classics:

If this guy doesn’t get his act together quickly, we are in deep trouble.

Liam (pronounced Leeeaam -pass that along to Edwin) had a very bad play which matched many other poor performances that night by our team and coaching staff. But he is progressing this season in spite of us moving him around countless times since drafting him. My biggest complaint on the OL is that we draft kids and then immediately out them at a different position then they played in college and then make it worse by continuing to move them all over the place.

Eich has played well @ Guard.

Eich has played like stir fried dog sh*t at Center.

He is now our Center for the rest of the year.

God help us all.

Add it to the list. My personal favourite was a vet player slamming his helmet down when he screwed up on a tackle which gave a penalty, their Offense a new life...and a TD. But it's bye the bye when some ppl are blaming a player called Eich for wussing on a block..... unreal..
That single penalty - more than anything - affecting the outcome of the game IMO. I don’t understand why he couldn’t be content with the fact they held and a punt was coming.

Back
Top Bottom