Lidle: Bonds' chase not 'legitimate' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lidle: Bonds' chase not 'legitimate'

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Barry Bonds took a shot to the head before the Giants-Brewers game in Milwaukee on Wednesday, and then he took another hit in the form of an anti-Bonds rant by Phillies right-hander Cory Lidle.

Speaking to the Philadelphia Daily News before the Braves-Phillies game, Lidle told the newspaper he doesn't think Barry Bonds' run at Hank Aaron's all-time home run record is "legitimate."

"It's sad," Lidle told the Daily News. "I'm not a player-hater. I like to see players get paid as much as they can. But without friggin' cheating. What he could have done without performance-enhancing drugs -- which he hasn't been proven guilty of [using], which I'm not buying -- you can maybe take what he had done in his prime, before his head started growing at an enormous rate, and just make those projections. Say that, 'This is what he could have done.' Maybe it's 550 home runs. I don't know. It definitely wouldn't have been anything close to 700."

"I don't want to see him break records. If he breaks them, it will be a shame, because I think when all is said and done, the truth will come out. It hasn't yet, but I think if he was in front of a jury, and there had to be a verdict, I think the verdict might be -- with everything that I heard was in [Game of Shadows] -- I think the verdict might be guilty."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/05/04/lidle.bonds/index.html

who cares if he did...its not like he is the only one who did...people worry about what the next man eats too much

tucker said:
who cares if he did...its not like he is the only one who did...people worry about what the next man eats too much

I think the issue is more than Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs in the dead ball era without using steroids....so how impressive is being #2 on the all time list when you did.

Gimme a break, the dude had never even hit 50 home runs prior to the year he hit 73.

It's a miracle, a baseball player has actually said how he really feels regarding the Barry Bonds situation!

Nappy Roots said:
and he hasnt had one since

Yep. that's the scariest thing about it. McGwire at least replicated his 60+ home run seasons.

RobFins2005 said:
Yep. that's the scariest thing about it. McGwire at least replicated his 60+ home run seasons.

That just proves that McGwire's stuff was better. :lol:

Samphin said:
That just proves that McGwire's stuff was better. :lol:

Sosa's stuff was even better than Big Mac.

It will be interesting to see what Lidle does when Bonds steps into the batter's box against him.

Cory Lidle is absolutley right.....GO PHILLIES!!!

Ray Finkle said:
Sosa's stuff was even better than Big Mac.

It will be interesting to see what Lidle does when Bonds steps into the batter's box against him.

Corey Lidle shut down the Braves tonight...I doubt he would be able to pitch this upcoming series against the Giants.

Gavin Floyd, Ryan Madsen and Jon Lieber will look to shut down Bonds this weekend. Personally i hope they throw one right at his skull. The guy is a cheater, a fraud, an arrogant son of a ***** and he doesn't deserve ANY record, let alone any as prestigous as Hank Aarons.

I'm not a Corey Lidle fan, but he is absolutely correct here. I applaud him for his comments. But then again he's not scheduled to pitch against Bonds this weekend either :)

RedHotCulpepper said:
Gavin Floyd, Ryan Madsen and Jon Lieber will look to shut down Bonds this weekend. Personally i hope they throw one right at his skull. The guy is a cheater, a fraud, an arrogant son of a ***** and he doesn't deserve ANY record, let alone any as prestigous as Hank Aarons.

I'm not a Corey Lidle fan, but he is absolutely correct here. I applaud him for his comments. But then again he's not scheduled to pitch against Bonds this weekend either :)

Won't hurt Bonds. He wears so much protection at the plate that the umps have to tell him if he has gotten hit now. Big baby.

I can't understand why Bud, the Commish, continues to allow Bonds to play. He should be banned from baseball, just like Pete Rose.

Roman529 said:
I can't understand why Bud, the Commish, continues to allow Bonds to play. He should be banned from baseball, just like Pete Rose.

you cant be serious

Back
Top Bottom