Life just got a lot better for | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Life just got a lot better for

Yea Im sure there will be at least one SEC championships played between the two in the next 3 years

I'd be willing to bet money that won't happen. Saban has an uphill battle ahead of him with LSU, Arkansas, and Auburn in the West. He gave up his last challenge, what makes you think this will be any different?

I'd be willing to bet money that won't happen. Saban has an uphill battle ahead of him with LSU, Arkansas, and Auburn in the West. He gave up his last challenge, what makes you think this will be any different?

Alabama is a good young team. One thing Mike Shula did right was recruiting. He has a good team and every college team he has coach, he has turned into a winning team quickly. LSU is still winning with the talent that Nick Saben brought there.

Don't forget Brooks. He has Kentucky rolling. They are no longer an after thought.

Your dead on there. Alot of people counted Kentucky out against Clemson, but they looked good dang near all year and I saw a tough game.

Thats saying something when Kentucky starts to look like a Football state. Louisville and Kentucky is that State big enough?

LOL guess we will see. Brooks no doubt has Kentucky headed in the right direction.

Alabama is a good young team. One thing Mike Shula did right was recruiting. He has a good team and every college team he has coach, he has turned into a winning team quickly. LSU is still winning with the talent that Nick Saben brought there.

That was when he still had some credibilty. Who wants to play for a liar and a coward when there are so many other options in the SEC?

That was when he still had some credibilty. Who wants to play for a liar and a coward when there are so many other options in the SEC?

Lou Holtz seemed to do fine after he left the Jets. He still has more credibility in the college game than any other coach in the SEC. He left a the Dolphins because his heart was in the college game. He wont have a problem recruiting at all.

Lou Holtz seemed to do fine after he left the Jets. He still has more credibility in the college game than any other coach in the SEC. He left a the Dolphins because his heart was in the college game. He wont have a problem recruiting at all.
He'll still recruit well, but to say he won't have a problem at all is a little naive. EVERY coach trying to recruit the same player will bring up his lie and ship jumping. It will be an issue to some recruit's families.

:shakeno: If you say so. I'm sure you'd say the same if he had left for Auburn. Good luck with that.

:shakeno: If you say so. I'm sure you'd say the same if he had left for Auburn. Good luck with that.
I would be ripped if he had left for any other school, but it wouldnt diminsh his talent as a recruiter and college football coach.

Spurrier? Anyone?

I would be ripped if he had left for any other school, but it wouldnt diminsh his talent as a recruiter and college football coach.

Thats exactly my point though. Him leaving the Fins the way he did will hurt his recruiting power, you'd be foolish to think otherwise. No doubt he belongs in the college ranks.

I'm sure I heard some gator fans displeased when the ol' ball coach landed at South Carolina.

Motion, you're better than this, pal.

I'm sure I heard some gator fans displeased when the ol' ball coach landed at South Carolina.

I don't think that's along what Motion was saying.
Spurrier didn't leave UF for SC.

Whoa, hold up. I'm not trying to be hostile by any means.

This is a very unique situation, especially for fans of both Bama and the Fins. All I'm trying to say is that his integrity and credibility has taken a huge blow from this mess. His coaching abilities aside, these kids going to college are looking for someone to trust. You wouldn't be defending him had he gone to a different school. Your comment about Spurrier is irrelevant and more logical pointed at LSU fans. All that said I don't expect him to be in the SEC Championship game in the next 3 years, which was my original point. :D

Whoa, hold up. I'm not trying to be hostile by any means.

This is a very unique situation, especially for fans of both Bama and the Fins. All I'm trying to say is that his integrity and credibility has taken a huge blow from this mess. His coaching abilities aside, these kids going to college are looking for someone to trust. You wouldn't be defending him had he gone to a different school. Your comment about Spurrier is irrelevant and more logical pointed at LSU fans. All that said I don't expect him to be in the SEC Championship game in the next 3 years, which was my original point. :D
Well, let me see...
I'm not one of the Bama fans proclaiming him as the next Bear or saying he WILL win a title, etc.
I do think he will get to the SEC Championship, just definitely not this year (and probably not the next). But watch out, because he will probably put Alabama in a better situation than LSU, Auburn, or Arkansas......after those two years.
I am biased, yes...but Alabama's facilities are ridiculous. Add that to Saban's recruiting techniques and the fact that Alabama just got Kevin Steele as Def. Coord. (he was FSU LB Coach & top recruiter...former Baylor coach)...and well, I really see things looking up and I don't think credibility will hurt in recruiting beyond this year (and the excitement that he is at the capstone outweighs immediate credibility issues).

Back
Top Bottom