Line In The Sand...Will You Jump?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Line In The Sand...Will You Jump??

better wuestion is...how many will jump back on the ricky bandwagon if he plays well?

vt_dolfan said:
Since it at least looks like Ricky Williams will be wearing a fins jersey next year...how many of you will cross the line....and quit rooting for the Phins. Nows your chance to say it publicly before it becomes official either way.

Personally....Im staying put. Run Ricky Run.

If anyone actually stopped rooting for the 'Phins just because of Ricky's return, they were never a true 'Phins fan to begin with IMO. You guys all know how I feel about Ricky- I've stated MANY, MANY times I don't want him to come back. But I root for the uniform- and if Ricky's wearing a Dolphins uniform, I'll be rooting for him. I'd prefer he stay away, but if he comes back, he comes back. The bigger issue for Ricky is how those other 51 guys are going to recieve him after what he pulled. I just want to win football games and a Super Bowl. If Ricky can help us do that, then I'm all for it. As one of the previous posters said: Run Ricky Run.

FireWrongstedt said:
If anyone actually stopped rooting for the 'Phins just because of Ricky's return, they were never a true 'Phins fan to begin with IMO. You guys all know how I feel about Ricky- I've stated MANY, MANY times I don't want him to come back. But I root for the uniform- and if Ricky's wearing a Dolphins uniform, I'll be rooting for him. I'd prefer he stay away, but if he comes back, he comes back. The bigger issue for Ricky is how those other 51 guys are going to recieve him after what he pulled. I just want to win football games and a Super Bowl. If Ricky can help us do that, then I'm all for it. As one of the previous posters said: Run Ricky Run.
:yeahthat:

I eat,sleep, and drink Phins football. I couldn't live without it. There's no way I'll stop being a fan just because he comes back. If you stayed a fan while Wannstedt was coach then surely you can stay a fan while Ricky is back. :lol:

Never will I quite rooting for my beloved Phins. Sure I don't like what or when Ricky did what he did, but I can understand why he did what he did, and I am not going to crucify the man for it. Maybe it is because I am a forgiving sort of man....not just in this case, but in general. Something alot more people should learn in life.

FireWrongstedt said:
:yes: Well said.

vt_dolfan said:
Since it at least looks like Ricky Williams will be wearing a fins jersey next year...how many of you will cross the line....and quit rooting for the Phins. Nows your chance to say it publicly before it becomes official either way.

Anyone who quits rooting for the Fins has some flawed logic. The reason they would hate Ricky is because he ditched the Fins. But isn't that what a fan who quits rooting is doing?

whatsburning said:
Isn't Ricky coming back just so we can use him as trade bait?
If Saban's main intention is to get Ricky back to trade him, which it may very well be. I think he is going to play him out this season and try to show off to the rest of the league that he's got his head on his shoulders and he's still can be one of the most dominant running backs in the game today. If he can do that, he will tremendously increase his trade value. I hope that's what the case will be, because Ronnie Brown is hopefully our long term running back, and as of now Ricky has little or no trade value for obvious reasons.

Only someone who is NOT a true Dolphins fan would quit the team over a "certain player" coming back...players come and go over the years...loyals fans don't.

vt_dolfan said:

I'll still be a Phin fan the day I die. I felt Jay Fiedler was a serious liability to the team, but I was still a Phin fan. Same with Ricky....he will also be a serious liability to the team, he cant be trusted and he will blow up again, its just a question of when.....but I will still be a Phin fan regardless of whether he is on the team or not.

Slappy8800 said:
better wuestion is...how many will jump back on the ricky bandwagon if he plays well?

If Ricky plays well I'll be happy. But mostly because it means his trade value for 2006 will increase. Its not a question of "if" Ricky will flake out again, but a question of "when". I prefer it happen while he is with another team and after we have already gotten something for him.

I haven't heard of any fans saying they'll quit on the team if Ricky comes back.. :hmmm: Where did you hear this?

Agua said:
I'll never quit loving the Dolphins, despite RopeWeed. Hell, I didn't desert them when Thurman Thomas came on for his spite stint with us in 2000.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
That's right! I remember how weird that was. I just couldn't stand up and yell "Go Thurmon" after years of yelling "Break his F****** legs!"

i dont want him back, but if he does come i hope he tears it up and isn't a problem for our team

vt_dolfan said:

You have it backwards. Root for the team always, ignore and hope the quitters and losers go away, get traded/cut whatever.

We don't need this guy on the team.

Run Ronnie Run

Rot Ricky Rot

Back
Top Bottom