Linehan Shouldn't need Edwards or Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linehan Shouldn't need Edwards or Williams

until corey dillion brady never had a RB. Brady is also the only QB to ever win SBs without a RB but it can be done. chambers needs help, a healthy boston would be great. We need another WR, and I think Mike Williams is as good as Larry Fitz, Roy Williams or Charles Rogers. We then pickup a RB in the 3rd and then another on the 2nd day.

Chambers is a good receiver. He has shown flashes of being a go to guy. The fact is that he has always been in a ball control offense that was hesitant to throw the ball much. It was always hand off 40 times pass only when needed. That being said, IMO, I don't think Chambers has lived up to his potential. He has great games, like the Cowboys, but doesn't show up in alot of games as well. With Linehan, I believe the offense will open up considerably. If Saban wanted to be a ball control offense, he wouldn't hire a cordinator known for opening up the offense.

Noodleman said:
Chambers is a good receiver. He has shown flashes of being a go to guy. The fact is that he has always been in a ball control offense that was hesitant to throw the ball much. It was always hand off 40 times pass only when needed. That being said, IMO, I don't think Chambers has lived up to his potential. He has great games, like the Cowboys, but doesn't show up in alot of games as well. With Linehan, I believe the offense will open up considerably. If Saban wanted to be a ball control offense, he wouldn't hire a cordinator known for opening up the offense.

Good post, I agree completely!

unifiedtheory said:
Both of the recievers you listed (Burleson and Robinson) have done something Chambers never has....gained 1,000 yards recieving.

I like Chambers a lot but I am sick of hearing about "how good he could be if he had a q.b." or "this is his breakout year".

He's getting paid like a #1...it's TIME for him to play like it. He needs to be more consistent in my opinion.

Well, it is a fact that a wide receiver's production is directly tied to the quarterback on the team. Chris Chambers has never had a chance in Miami to live up to his potential, because he has never had a QB that can get him the ball. Choosing to ignore that fact is up to you. Randy Moss wouldn't have gained 1,000 yards receiving with Jay Fiedler as his quarterback.

Gen3D said:
I haven't been this exicited about draft day ever! I can't wait till the 23rd! I even took the day off just to make sure I don't miss anything that weekend.
I don't work weekends, but I did take Monday the 25th off to recover :D

Linehan does not need Edwards or Williams, but I think he does need adequate Qb play which I'm not convinced Aj Feeley can provide, If Gus wins the job the future really looks bleak for the franchise but that's just my opinion, this is presuming that Alex Smith or Rodgers isn't drafted, BTW Saban said Smith is coming in for an individual workout I forgot the date though.

I am all for getting Edwards, him and Chambers could be deadly together, especially when you throw in Randy.

Hisn'WithYour'n said:
While I wouldn't mind getting the next Randy Moss and lining him up alongside Chambers, we would still have a huge hole at RB. A position that may or may not be addressed later in the draft.
You're setting up your QB to fail. I don't care if you have Largent, Rice and Warfield as your receivers. It won't mean a thing if defenses don't respect your running game. Unless of course your QB is named Danny Marino. If your QB is named Danny Marino, ignore everything I've said. If not, get a Blue Chip running back.

Actually your incorrect....teams can't keep 8 or 9 men in the box if you have two or three receivers that can run...get open and catch the football....that makes average running backs look alot better. For the last few season's the Dolphins have been average at receiver at best...even with Chambers. Take Chambers out of the play....and the Dolphins wind up 4-12. A player like Randy Moss made the Vikes offense what it was....made their running game what it was...teams they played against didn't care about the vikes running game....stop Moss and you win. Thats why it's very very important for the Dolphins to select another "Chambers"....you can't double up both of them.

One thing here, We were a Ricky Williams running team two years ago. This past year we were a discombobbled mess...... I predict Chambers will be a 1,000 yd reciever this year and especially if we get Edwards.

actually chambers has been Consistent he just hasnt gotten 1,000 his stats are almost always within 125 - 175 of each other.

Hisn'WithYour'n said:
If Linehan is worth the money he signed for then we shouldn't need another big time receiver to make his offense work. Just get Chambers to live up to his potential, and we'll have what the Vikings had: One go-to receiver who takes the pressure off the others. Is anyone convinced that Burleson and Robinson are so much better than Booker and Thompson?

SORRY but Burleson is MUCH better than Booker...

fishypete said:
Actually your incorrect....teams can't keep 8 or 9 men in the box if you have two or three receivers that can run...get open and catch the football....that makes average running backs look alot better. For the last few season's the Dolphins have been average at receiver at best...even with Chambers. Take Chambers out of the play....and the Dolphins wind up 4-12. A player like Randy Moss made the Vikes offense what it was....made their running game what it was...teams they played against didn't care about the vikes running game....stop Moss and you win. Thats why it's very very important for the Dolphins to select another "Chambers"....you can't double up both of them.

Fair point fishypete.
However, your argument assumes that a young quarterback and a rookie WR under a new offensive system gel quickly.
The easiest thing to say a year from now if we draft a WR at #2 is "Look at all the weapons Feeley had to throw to, he should have been better"
I think you develop an inexperienced QB with potential by providing him a balanced offense. Not by overloading at one position. Especially when you have a coordinator who has gotten a lot of production out of his 2nd, 3rd and 4th receivers. Although you could make the same argument for Linehan's track record with RB's.
But keep in mind those same RB's were productive even with Moss out of the lineup last year.

Back
Top Bottom