Lions talking to Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions talking to Phins

Dbergan

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Just read that the Lions are trying to contact the FO ref O-Gun. Assuming we were to get their pick (I think it's the number 6 overall), what would we most likley do w/ it? Seems still a bit low to get Eli or Big Ben...would we try and combine 2 first picks and trade up......or go w/ 2 picks? Also would we get their 1st and 3rd or could we work something else out?

Also, article says Marino is big on arm strenght. Who has the better cannon, Eli or Ben?

DB

Ben. The Lions? Link me babe one more time!

That would be any young QB dream to toss a football with Marino an Marino give pointers. Ess. Rivers Marino was his idiol. He said he has'nt thought about it I would think he has.

God damn it. Dberjan buddy why did you do this? You got my hopes up. The Lions GM talking to Marino is about old times, not O-Gun. Thus the ... between them.

Damn it. I would have been so happy.

Yep....I also walked away from this article w/ the feeling that Marino will be anything BUT a "figurehead". It just isn't in his character.

My real concern is that he puts TO MUCH top down pressure, to early. He needs to learn before he starts steering the ship. He says that is his intent, but something tells me he will be a force in the FO in the very near future. I also agree that he will be "tossing the ball" a lot w/ whoever we pick. Just can't see marino NOT doing it. I'm thinking Wayne H. may be smarter then anyone has given him credit for.......

Dbergan the Lions part re-read it.

I didn't read anything into that but some small talk.

Well...I'm not sure. I agree about the old buddies and so forth....but, just seemed like a perfect fit in the article and...well...I have to believe that these sorts of things will come up. Dont the Lions need a DE?

I believe, I belivee, I bel...........

DB

Yep....you guys are right. I re-read the article....I guess my desires overrode common sense. ****!!!

Any scenario wherein the Lions might be interested in O-Gun? Seems logical that the relationship btwn Marino and Matt might result in some "brainstorming". Might open doors that were previously closed.

DB

Nope, the Lions have two good youngsters at DE in Edwards and Redding, and word is that they want Taylor

Originally posted by Phishstix
Nope, the Lions have two good youngsters at DE in Edwards and Redding, and word is that they want Taylor
i just have a feeling taylor had an off year. when i went to the raider game last year, the raiders players were telling him he should take to the bench, he didn't look well. he was really causing havoc in the backfield!

KEEP TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Back
Top Bottom