Lions talking to Phins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions talking to Phins

If the Dolphins are smart they will keep Ogun. We all can testify that the Dolphins problem wasn't defense, it was O - Line, QB, WR (offense in general), & stupid, stupid turnovers. What the Dolphins really need is a PROVEN QB. I love Fiedler to death and no doubt the man wins when he's in, but the man doesn't stay healthy, and the last 2 years that has been the teams problem. All you guys placing your hopes on a QB with the # 6 pick are crazy, this is a veteran team that is in win now mode. Think about it, Dehollme was in Europe, Brady's a 6th rounder, in other words, finding a QB isn't easy in this league. As a matter of fact, both these guys upset top picks of drafts in the playoffs this year (just a coincidence doesn't men either are better then there opponent was at QB). I think we should take a solid QB in the third round, someone people can have good confidence in and let Marino work his magic with him (if he has any left). We need to draft offensive lineman in the first round, especially if we get the 6th pick. I would take the kid from Iowa or a top offensive lineman if that kid is off the board. The offensive line cost us against Tennesee (the brought it to us and caused turnovers all day) the colts, and the 2nd game against the Patriots. I would love to sit around and watch a young QB grow up, but we aint the Texans or Cardinals, we have a team of Vets in win now mode. THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!

Originally posted by TonyStrong
If the Dolphins are smart they will keep Ogun. We all can testify that the Dolphins problem wasn't defense, it was O - Line, QB, WR (offense in general), & stupid, stupid turnovers. What the Dolphins really need is a PROVEN QB. I love Fiedler to death and no doubt the man wins when he's in, but the man doesn't stay healthy, and the last 2 years that has been the teams problem. All you guys placing your hopes on a QB with the # 6 pick are crazy, this is a veteran team that is in win now mode. Think about it, Dehollme was in Europe, Brady's a 6th rounder, in other words, finding a QB isn't easy in this league. As a matter of fact, both these guys upset top picks of drafts in the playoffs this year (just a coincidence doesn't men either are better then there opponent was at QB). I think we should take a solid QB in the third round, someone people can have good confidence in and let Marino work his magic with him (if he has any left). We need to draft offensive lineman in the first round, especially if we get the 6th pick. I would take the kid from Iowa or a top offensive lineman if that kid is off the board. The offensive line cost us against Tennesee (the brought it to us and caused turnovers all day) the colts, and the 2nd game against the Patriots. I would love to sit around and watch a young QB grow up, but we aint the Texans or Cardinals, we have a team of Vets in win now mode. THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!

god...win now, win now. Don't you see the big picture? We have a win now, AND win later team.

The team that is win now is our defense that will be around for about two more years. We've invested a LOT in this defense, and it hasn't take us to the SB.

NOW we have a young offense, that needs a rookie QB. Because in 2 years your "win now" defense is gone. BUT in return we have a young talented offense. THAT is the future of this team. What your saying would be a waste of Chambers, McMichaels, and Ricky's careers. Instead of building up a team your trying to bank it all on the next 2 years. NOT smart.

Next, we've invested so much in this defense, that we can't afford O-gun. How do you propose we sign OL and a proven QB when we're already 11 million over the cap? And remember we still need to resign chambers before the end of next season or he'll become an UFA. Or is it ok to lose our #1 receiver as well?

O-gun is good, but it would be FAR smarter for the Dolphins to let him go for the picks. 1. We can't afford him THIS year 2. IF we tag him,a nd no one takes him, he becomes a UFA next year, and we'll lose him then with no compensation.

Does that put things in persective for you?

Originally posted by dolfan06
i just have a feeling taylor had an off year. when i went to the raider game last year, the raiders players were telling him he should take to the bench, he didn't look well. he was really causing havoc in the backfield!

KEEP TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

when an "off year" for a player is 13 sacks, you keep that player.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Gallery would solve your LOT position for years and would likely contribute and paying dividends in 2004 while the QBs will be on the bench for a year or two. Neither Clayton or Evans are going that high and it's likely that both QBs will be gone

:jumper:

:D

:D

:cp: :allhail:

Originally posted by gunn34
All this talk about the 6th spot. I read the news, it was nothing!!

Yea!

Whose keeping this phucking thread alive?

:foundout:

Originally posted by stairwaytoheavn

when an "off year" for a player is 13 sacks, you keep that player.
i agree with that! i just saw a post that said the lions wanted taylor!;)

If I had the 6th pick and still had the 20th too, then maybe I'd trade down the 6th(not very much)and add a pick. Keep on mind that we don't have a 2nd and we could use that extra pick. So with 2 1st round picks and now also a 2nd then we could take an o-liman, a WR and a QB. Not nesecarly in that order. Then in the 3rd round we can start thinking defence so we can replace O-gun. Having said all that, I think O-gun will be back with us.But that's what I'd do.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom