List of Dolphins 2020 & 2021 Draft Picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

List of Dolphins 2020 & 2021 Draft Picks

Sounds like we are going for Lawrence in 2021, not Tua in 2020. Sounds like we are looking at OL, DE and other guys in the 2020 draft to give our franchise guy weapons. Then, wehave Rosen to see what he can do until 2021. If nothing, Lawrence it is

Sounds like we are going for Lawrence in 2021, not Tua in 2020. Sounds like we are looking at OL, DE and other guys in the 2020 draft to give our franchise guy weapons. Then, wehave Rosen to see what he can do until 2021. If nothing, Lawrence it is
Rosen may light it up next year with with 10+ wins so no.

rooting for Texans’ and Saints’ seasons to go down the tubes...

I was going to say if Lawrence was in play for 2021 then the Dolphins won't be active in free agency to try to get more comp picks but then it dawned on me. Dolphins have no big name players headed for free agency that they can get comp picks for lol.

The only other thing the Dolphins can do to get more ammo for the 2021 draft would be to trade whatever players they can that have value. Howard being the biggest and probably the only one who could fetch a 1st round pick next year. Possibly a 1st and 3rd.

Yes, our best player on the last year of his contract is Drake.
No one is signing Drake for big money that will get us a comp pick. At best we'd get a 7th round pick for him if we're not players in free agency.

We've got the ammunition to build a good team, Grier needs to nail the picks now.
I believe Flores will have massive input...So I'm not to worried about weak link grier.

I hope they run the hell out of Drake this year as I don't expect he'll be around much longer. Hopefully i'm wrong. Either way, you have to see what you have as an every down back. That's about the only way you'll receive compensation if he leaves via FA.

That said, I expect the Dolphins to be active in FA this offseason. A guy like La'el Collins would upgrade our o-line and I doubt Dallas pays him. I'm sure there are many others league wide that would upgrade positions of weakness. I expect another huge roster turnover next summer as we upgrade at many positions.

The OP's list of picks is wrong.

1st: Own & Houston (Tunsil)
2nd: Own & New Orleans (draft day trade)
3rd: Own & Comp Pick (James)
4th: Own or Tennessee (Tannehill) - one was traded to Houston (Tunsil)
5th: Comp Pick (Wake)
6th: Own & Dallas (Quinn)
7th: Own or Kansas City (Jordan Lucas) - one was traded to Minnesota (Isidora)

We traded our 5th to Arizona for Rosen.
Unconfirmed that we traded a 6th to Indianapolis for Boehm & a 7th.

actually the boehm trade was a pick swap - our 6th for their 7th. we did trade a 7th for isadora but we also had an extra 7th from the jarvis landry trade.

The Landry trade was for a 2018 4th & 2019 7th.

We've got the ammunition to build a good team, Grier needs to nail the picks now.
How dynasty's use to be built. Now a days teams value draft picks so much it rarely, if ever, happens. Excellent job by Grier and Co. to pull off the Tunsil trade and the extra 2nd from N.O.s.

Back
Top Bottom