Long time fan from New England | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long time fan from New England

Originally posted by FIN54
I think many still call it Joe Robbie because they don't like that Wayne H. sold out the name of the stadium to pro player, But I heard a rumor at one time he was considering Selling the name to FRUIT THE LOOM and it would be called THE FRUIT OF THE LOOM BOWL.

Very close! :D I can't speak for everyone down here, but many have a great respect for Joe Robbie. When his family sold the team to good ole' "Wayner" and changed the name of the stadium, many didn't like it. Time has passed, but you could still feel the love for Wayner even at Marino's retirement party, when he was booed upon introduction. Alot of South Florida fans don't like him anyway because of how he handled the Florida Marlins. Most of us just refuse to conform. We are comfortable with the past and our memories of Marino, Shula and the Orange Bowl. Anyway, football is a business. JRS was changed to a corporate name PPS, which I have noticed is the trend all around the country lately.

As far as another name change, I believe Pro Player is a division of Fruit of the Loom and it was going bankrupt, so they were going to change the name of the stadium again, but the new name had not been announced. I haven't heard anything since. :confused:

I haven't decided yet. I can go (I've had plenty of people offer to sell me tickets) but, last year when I went it was really cold and I got beers poured on me and I was freezing the whole game. The fans around here are real jerks. I don't even trash talk and I have at least 5 incidents I could tell you about. So I may watch at home instead of going to the game.

Damn, not even Jets fans pour beer on people. Actually, all the Jets fans do is talk trash.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Damn, not even Jets fans pour beer on people. Actually, all the Jets fans do is talk trash.

REALLY!! That is wasting good beer! :yell: I rather talk smack! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom