Look at the shiny weapons.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look at the shiny weapons....

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Reaction score
On saturday, when I was watching the Fins practice, I thought to myself "DAMN! We have a lot of weapons..." If i need to refresh anyones memory, ill give you a list of our possibilities...

OFFENSE

QB- Fiedler is our starter, but God forbid he gets injured, we have Griese as a backup... but you never know, greise could start too... either way, we have a DECENT QB...

RB- Ricky Ricky Ricky... we all know what he can do... Now behind him, we have Minor, Edwards, and Henry.... 2 of our 3 backups could respectivily start for another team... Im not sure how we are gonna be able to give the ball to ALL of these players... this is a GOOD problem to have...

TE- McMichael can catch and block, and this new Donald Lee was supposedly the best blocking TE in the draft, he can also catch... Marco Battaglia is a very good receiver, i saw him perform on saturday and im very impressed.

WR- Chambers and McKnight can catch the deep ball... and are good possesion receivers. Now that we have Tolver and Thompson, our receiver core is very fast, very tall, very strong, and can catch...

FB- We have Konrad, Dyer, and Ayanbadejo. Konrad could be a probowler, and Dyer can block and had the potential to be a good receiver. Ayanbadejo started for the 2000 Ravens, and i am impressed with his receving skills....

Those are just our weapons on offense. Every time i review the possibilites we have, I tingle... We also have a very talented Serial Killer using these weapons... His name is Norv Turner ;)
:chair: :zerosix: :spank: :saberfigh :jedi: :saber: :bombyou: :whip: :vader: :maul: :crazy: :drool: :egads:

I agree with you, all those people are potential weopens. Key word POTENTIAL

Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434
On saturday, when I was watching the Fins practice, I thought to myself "DAMN! We have a lot of weapons..." If i need to refresh anyones memory, ill give you a list of our possibilities...

OFFENSE

QB- Fiedler is our starter, but God forbid he gets injured, we have Griese as a backup... but you never know, greise could start too... either way, we have a DECENT QB...

RB- Ricky Ricky Ricky... we all know what he can do... Now behind him, we have Minor, Edwards, and Henry.... 2 of our 3 backups could respectivily start for another team... Im not sure how we are gonna be able to give the ball to ALL of these players... this is a GOOD problem to have...

TE- McMichael can catch and block, and this new Donald Lee was supposedly the best blocking TE in the draft, he can also catch... Marco Battaglia is a very good receiver, i saw him perform on saturday and im very impressed.

WR- Chambers and McKnight can catch the deep ball... and are good possesion receivers. Now that we have Tolver and Thompson, our receiver core is very fast, very tall, very strong, and can catch...

FB- We have Konrad, Dyer, and Ayanbadejo. Konrad could be a probowler, and Dyer can block and had the potential to be a good receiver. Ayanbadejo started for the 2000 Ravens, and i am impressed with his receving skills....

Those are just our weapons on offense. Every time i review the possibilites we have, I tingle... We also have a very talented Serial Killer using these weapons... His name is Norv Turner ;)
:chair: :zerosix: :spank: :saberfigh :jedi: :saber: :bombyou: :whip: :vader: :maul: :crazy: :drool: :egads:

I just have a hard time thinking of Dyer as any kind of weapon.

Oliver...

Yeah, I agree with you. Just one more thing to add, Don't forget Charlie Rogers. I know last year he had just 1 catch for 6 or 7 yards. But he could be something if they get him the ball in the slot. His agility could be able to make him somewhat of a threat. Maybe he can be something similar to Dante Hall, we'll see..

OFFENSE

I agree, Dyer a weapon? Lol. And please don't tell me you think McKnight is a good possession receiver. He never has been and never will be. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Thompson I don't think is very fast. But seriously, as good as you think these guys are, they should be, they're NFLers. If you look at any other team's offense the same way though, you will find many "weapons" on their team as well.

Re: Re: Look at the shiny weapons....

Originally posted by breckenridge55

And please don't tell me you think McKnight is a good possession receiver. He never has been and never will be. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Thompson I don't think is very fast.

If you read it well, you can tell that he meant Chambers and McKnight fast guys, Thompson and Tolver possession guys..

i sort of agree oliver, but the coaches are saying that dyer may be used as a receiver this year....

Am i the only one that crapped my pants laughing when i read this?? isn't the biggest knock on Dyer is his pass catching?? i can see it now "jay drops back..looks left.....looks right.....looks downfield fires downfield OH MY GOD WHAT A SPECTACULAR CATCH BY DYER!! 60 YARD TOUCHDOWN STRIKE DEEEEEOONNN DYYYEEEERRRRR":rolleyes:

OFFENSE

Having lots of "weapons' doesn't mean they that at game time, they will complete win us games. Last season we thought we had it all but we came up short. Its ok to dream as well because we haven't put these players play in a real game.

Originally posted by SuavePhin

Am i the only one that crapped my pants laughing when i read this?? isn't the biggest knock on Dyer is his pass catching?? i can see it now "jay drops back..looks left.....looks right.....looks downfield fires downfield OH MY GOD WHAT A SPECTACULAR CATCH BY DYER!! 60 YARD TOUCHDOWN STRIKE DEEEEEOONNN DYYYEEEERRRRR":rolleyes:

I believe he's 14 years old, so his heart is in the right place, that's for darn sure.

I was just trying to gently let him know Dyer is not that much of a weapon as far as weapons go.

Dol_Fan5434 is one of the good guys. :D

Oliver...

well, I agree that we have some weapons. I also agree that Dyer will NEVER be use on the passing game no matter what. Mcknight is not a good possesion WR but he does have great speed and we did come on late last year. I think by now everyone knows that I'm very high on Tolver. This guy will be a great posesion receiver imo.
I think Rodgers could be a weapon as a return guy. Field position can not be over look. I just wish we could have a better punter.

I've said it from the beginning of the courtship. Derrius Thompson is going to be better than most people anticipated. I think he's going to be a good one for us. Bigger, faster, stronger, BETTER than most thought.

Dolfan3454....I could not have said this any better!

ya, i like wut we've got on offense dis yr...dis is gonna b an underrated scoring team dis yr wit jay, da grease-man (if we get him), chambers, mcknight, tolver n everybody else...especially Mr. Dredlocks himself, RICKY WILLIAMS :-)

Re: Re: Look at the shiny weapons....

Originally posted by Oliver

I just have a hard time thinking of Dyer as any kind of weapon.

Oliver...

Give the man a frucking break Oliver... He stated a number of real and legitimate "weapons" and you have to comment on a back-up to a back-up player...

Theres a time to speak.. and theres a time to keep you frucking mouth shut.. I think this time its the latter that applies.

Sheesh!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom