Looking at O-Linemen still availible | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking at O-Linemen still availible

MrChadRico

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Nate Solder - LT- NYG - 33 - 6 sacks allowed in 21' - PFF grade 60.3 - cut by Giants was owed 4.4 million

JC Tretter - C- Cin - 31 - FA made 1.6 million in 21' - 1 sack allowed - 78.7 PFF Grade

Duane Brown -LT - Sea - 36 - 3.5 mil in 21' - 8 sacks allowed in 21' - 71.5 PFF grade

Brian Bulaga - RT - SD - 33 - 3.3 million in 21' - only played 1 game in 21' - PPF Grade 55.8 - 0 sacks allowed

Matt Paradis - C - Car - 32 - cut, was due 8.8 million in 22' - 2 sacks allowed - PPF Grade 66.9

Eric Fisher - LT- Indy - 31 - 8.1 million in 21' - 7 sacks allowed - PFF Grade 68.2

Daryl Williams - RT - Buf - 29 - 8 million in 21' - 4 sacks allowed - PFF grade 67.5

Marcus Cannon - RT - Hou - 33 - 6.5 Million in 21' - allowed 1 sack (played only 6 games) - PFF grade 66.6

Tretter is clearly the best option but I was curious who else was out there so i thought I'd share the research

Same reason no other team has. He has physical issues, and probably wants to be paid like he doesn't.
He may not be able to pass a physical today. And if he isn't able to practice regardless there really isn't any rush from his perspective. Wait till training camp maybe a championship contender suffers an injury along the line. He's a veteran center he can catch up on the playbook in a couple days.

He may not be able to pass a physical today. And if he isn't able to practice regardless there really isn't any rush from his perspective. Wait till training camp maybe a championship contender suffers an injury along the line. He's a veteran center he can catch up on the playbook in a couple days.
I think you are greatly underestimating what a new center, coming into a a new blocking scheme, with different protection calls, and an entire line that is unfamiliar with each other would entail if you are refering specifically to the Dolphins.

McD has already spoken about the importance of cadence, and it's nuances. I'm not as high on Tretter as most here to begin with, but regardless of who is anchoring that position, I want him taking a majority of the snaps fro day 1 of minicamp.

It's fine if ppl don't think it is important because he is a veteran, but i think it is incredibly foolish to dismiss the need for the linemen, and center in particular, to work together as much as possible before opening day.

We have hardly any money left. We're gonna have to work with what we have. They brass has been vocal that they like Hunt and Deiter, and they're not giving up on Eich or Jackson yet. We're done adding players...

I believe Tretter made $11 million in 2021 and not the $1,6 million you listed. He was cut because he was due to be paid over $9 million next year and the Browns had to cut salary to afford Watson.

He is likely looking to sign for a salary close to $10 million a year and that is probably why he hasn’t signed yet. Teams are likely waiting to see if they can select a center in the draft before offering him the type money he is likely looking for in free agency.

Seems concern over Tretter's knees and how that might impact what he is worth cap wise, is a bigger deal for teams than it first appeared. I'm fine rolling with Deiter at C. Let's see what Eich and Jackson do in camp, and then maybe look at adding a veteran FA or cut from another team for RT. Might draft one too, but not sure they'd start at RT right away...or maybe they could with our group. I wanna see what, hopefully, better coaching and zone scheme will do for our guys though.

I think you are greatly underestimating what a new center, coming into a a new blocking scheme, with different protection calls, and an entire line that is unfamiliar with each other would entail if you are refering specifically to the Dolphins.

McD has already spoken about the importance of cadence, and it's nuances. I'm not as high on Tretter as most here to begin with, but regardless of who is anchoring that position, I want him taking a majority of the snaps fro day 1 of minicamp.

It's fine if ppl don't think it is important because he is a veteran, but i think it is incredibly foolish to dismiss the need for the linemen, and center in particular, to work together as much as possible before opening day.

Well stated.

Tretter worth 10m over 2 years. Guarantee 5m. Looking for drafting center first so no rush. 3rd rd pick most likely center or 4th rd.

We have hardly any money left. We're gonna have to work with what we have. They brass has been vocal that they like Hunt and Deiter, and they're not giving up on Eich or Jackson yet. We're done adding players...

Miami has around 21 million in cap space still after restructuring X and trading DVP

I don't see Dieter who is also in a new system with a bunch of new line mates would have an upper hand on a newcomer in that area.

Plus you know......talent.

Back
Top Bottom