Looking at O-Linemen still availible | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking at O-Linemen still availible

Gotcha.

Do we know that Tretter is that far off from being ready to go?

That would explain why he has not signed yet.

I think if healthy he is a pretty big upgrade over Deiter but maybe the new staff thinks they can polish him up into a solid starter.

I am curious to see what a staff that seems to have legit bona fides in terms of OL coaching can do with Deiter, Jackson and Eichenberg.

Hell, maybe we will see something out of Kindley!
Kindley seems to be too slow for the zone blocking they'll use now but the other 3 have a chance to do much better now with this new coaching staff.

Not sure when Tretter will be ready but nobody has gotten him so maybe the word is he won’t be ready for a while?

How do you know he is not expensive? If he was cheap someone would have signed him already. Tretter is probably looking for one last pay day on like a 3+ year deal. But nobody is desperate enough right now to throw that out there with his knee issues.
10m or less because of his knee. I agree with your wanting to rollover cap, my position on Tretter is that he is a quality vet who could help our OL. If we can make Further cuts to free up capital to afford him , then I would do it.

Which line up would you prefer

TA-CW-Dieter-RH-Vet FA or TA-CW-Vet FA-RG-Jackson

I much prefer option 1, Dieter's floor is way higher (below Av starter) than Jacksons (unusable). Spending money on a below Average starter Vet at Right Tackle to establish a known floor seems like a sensible strategy.

Sign someone like Riley Reiff or German Ifedi and work like crazy to get one of Jackson, Eichenberg, Coleman or Little to be able to play at least the vet's level. I too think Deiter will improve as probably his best college work was at Centre in a Wide Zone scheme in Wisconsin with Alec Ingold no less.

Hopefully, you can pay $5-7million for a year and if the vet has to revert to swing tackle if he is beaten out, so be it, at least he has played LT for 9 years already (especially in Reiff's case). Admittedly not an ideal fit scheme wise but a bit of experience here makes sense.

I believe Tretter made $11 million in 2021 and not the $1,6 million you listed. He was cut because he was due to be paid over $9 million next year and the Browns had to cut salary to afford Watson.

He is likely looking to sign for a salary close to $10 million a year and that is probably why he hasn’t signed yet. Teams are likely waiting to see if they can select a center in the draft before offering him the type money he is likely looking for in free agency.
Yes. He made around 9.45m but he also played through a knee injury so that may have something to do with still being on the market.

Pivoting the convo slightly but is it weird that I think Jackson with his athletic ability might actually be a good guard one day and Hunt with his size and prior success at the position would be a good RT?
I personally thought it was more weird that you actually thought we could get a 5th round pick for Gaskin.

;)

I personally thought it was more weird that you actually thought we could get a 5th round pick for Gaskin.

;)
I didn't, but if you can't adequately read the post your referring too correctly, there is no need trying to explain it here.

I believe Tretter made $11 million in 2021 and not the $1,6 million you listed. He was cut because he was due to be paid over $9 million next year and the Browns had to cut salary to afford Watson.

He is likely looking to sign for a salary close to $10 million a year and that is probably why he hasn’t signed yet. Teams are likely waiting to see if they can select a center in the draft before offering him the type money he is likely looking for in free agency.
This.

I didn't, but if you can't adequately read the post your referring too correctly, there is no need trying to explain it here.
You seem upset. I guess I made up seeing a suggestion of a 5th (did you even say 4th?).

But maybe my reading level is not adequate, and I can’t see numbers, you probably actually suggested he’s not able to get a pick and the thread doesn’t even exist. Carry on.

You seem upset. I guess I made up seeing a suggestion of a 5th (did you even say 4th?).

But maybe my reading level is not adequate, and I can’t see numbers, you probably actually suggested he’s not able to get a pick and the thread doesn’t even exist. Carry on.
I didn't predict anything. I asked a question. If I had to make a guess I think we might get a 2023 6th or 7th for him after another team had a back go down in camp. Most likley though we will get nothing.

Back
Top Bottom