Looking at our Offensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking at our Offensive Line

if smith and spriggs continue to struggle than we should go with dixon,nails,ruddy,searcy,and wade...

I can see RW becomming the Dan Marino of the team where his word carries alot of weight. If he puts a plug in for Searcy Wade I'm sure the coaches will listen.

Originally posted by BillsMan80
Don't forget, Mike Williams is not fat. Nails is more fat than Williams.

Can you prove that about right now..Nails has dropped weight and I thinks a lot of his weight might be muscle since he's been working out all offseason.

Yeah, it may be but how long do you think he can keep that weight off? The buffet table is the first place he'll head to. It was noted around the NFL that Mike Williams was mostly muscle and bulk, and he had a small rate of fat.

Originally posted by BillsMan80
Yeah, it may be but how long do you think he can keep that weight off? The buffet table is the first place he'll head to. It was noted around the NFL that Mike Williams was mostly muscle and bulk, and he had a small rate of fat.

I remember reading Williams' profile on http://www.sportingnews.com/ before it cost $$$. They said his weakness was that he spent too much time at McDonalds and not enough in the gym.

Originally posted by booyeah_

I remember reading Williams' profile on http://www.sportingnews.com/ before it cost $$$. They said his weakness was that he spent too much time at McDonalds and not enough in the gym.

I know that some of you are all excited and maybe a little intrigued by Nails size, much like we were when the Bills had him but the reality of it is, and you will find out sooner or later, Nails isn't that good. Think about it for a minute, we had the worst OL in the NFL and he couldn't even stick in that lineup. I can't tell you how many times I use to watch this guy get slapped up aside of his head by a defender half his side and all that he would do was look for a soft spot on the turf to land. The difference between him and Mike Williams is that MW has a meanstreak in him a mile long and Nails has the demeanor of an 80 year old lady overdosing on Valium. You will see in time. It isn't as much about rededication and dropping 60 LBs as it is having the atitude to want to pancake some D-lineman and get the job done...something that JN has always sorely lacked. Who knows, maybe not being able to eat for a couple of months maybe pissed him off and he might be meaner now.

I think it is so funny that the Bill's fans are upsessing over our 3rd string guard. The guy obviously has yet to put his heart in to his NFL career, but since he has dropped 40 lbs and has been giving it his all this off season Dave decided to invite him to camp. Worst case scenario he starts to slack and doesn't show any talent in training camp, oh well Miami has to find another guy to back up their backs ups. Best case scenario he keeps showing the same dedication, and challenges for a roster spot.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I think it is so funny that the Bill's fans are upsessing over our 3rd string guard. The guy obviously has yet to put his heart in to his NFL career, but since he has dropped 40 lbs and has been giving it his all this off season Dave decided to invite him to camp. Worst case scenario he starts to slack and doesn't show any talent in training camp, oh well Miami has to find another guy to back up their backs ups. Best case scenario he keeps showing the same dedication, and challenges for a roster spot.

Sorry, but I am not "upsessing=obsessing". I only am responding to everyone else on this thread that has him penciled in as a starter. You are the only one that seems to have him penciled in way down the depth chart next to the waterboy. You are probably going to find that Spriggs is a better all around player than Nails of the two ex-Bills.

Originally posted by 3W

I know that some of you are all excited and maybe a little intrigued by Nails size, much like we were when the Bills had him but the reality of it is, and you will find out sooner or later, Nails isn't that good. Think about it for a minute, we had the worst OL in the NFL and he couldn't even stick in that lineup. I can't tell you how many times I use to watch this guy get slapped up aside of his head by a defender half his side and all that he would do was look for a soft spot on the turf to land. The difference between him and Mike Williams is that MW has a meanstreak in him a mile long and Nails has the demeanor of an 80 year old lady overdosing on Valium. You will see in time. It isn't as much about rededication and dropping 60 LBs as it is having the atitude to want to pancake some D-lineman and get the job done...something that JN has always sorely lacked. Who knows, maybe not being able to eat for a couple of months maybe pissed him off and he might be meaner now.

I don't think that was the case, I saw a few of those games and he was the only thing on your o line doing anything, as the year went on, I guess he figure why work hard we're not going anywhere..Also we'd drop him because of weight, you guys picked him up overweight, so he definitely wasn't at his best. Wanny will drop him like a hot pancake, if he doesn't stay in control of his weight..I think he knows that this time around..at least he should have learn from his last trip to Miami.

Maybe, but I doubt.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I don't think that was the case, I saw a few of those games and he was the only thing on your o line doing anything, as the year went on, I guess he figure why work hard we're not going anywhere..Also we'd drop him because of weight, you guys picked him up overweight, so he definitely wasn't at his best. Wanny will drop him like a hot pancake, if he doesn't stay in control of his weight..I think he knows that this time around..at least he should have learn from his last trip to Miami.

Well, I saw all of the games and to say that he was the only good lineman is totally inaccurate, he wasn't even close most games, trust me on this. And if he said, "Well, we aren't going anywheres anyways, why try?" reveals a total lack of character and pride of being a Pro. But, I doubt very much that was what he thinking because he did try in most games. If he plays for you guys you might see him doing a pretty fair job and then all of a sudden he will get beat and you will scratch your head and say, "How did a guy that big get knocked over by a guy that small?"...been there, did that. Only, time will tell. Like I say, Spriggs will be the better of the two and I think that you got a pretty solid player with him.

That's all a part of conditioning and strength training..If he's strong then he shouldn't be knocked around by smaller guys..If his technique is good he should be able to hold his block..Hopefully the dolphins coaches will catch that and correct it. But he's been working out all offseason...hopefully his strenght and conditioning will improve those areas you mention..as you say time will tell.

Originally posted by 3W

Sorry, but I am not "upsessing=obsessing". I only am responding to everyone else on this thread that has him penciled in as a starter. You are the only one that seems to have him penciled in way down the depth chart next to the waterboy. You are probably going to find that Spriggs is a better all around player than Nails of the two ex-Bills.

Hi my name is Brian and I can't spell. I know this and I am ok with it, I hope you can get past it. I also wrote all my posts last night pretty high on hydrocodene(medical reasons, not for fun) so I was pretty impressed that they were some what coherent. Anyway I am not the only one that has him penciled in so low. Dave also has him battleing A. Ceasiro for a roster spot. As of right now Dixon is starting at LG and Seacy and Perry are fighting for the starting RG spot. After that Mckinney, Nails, Ceasiro, and the loser of the Perry Searcy battle will be fighting for playing time.

I am not positive on this, but have seen it more than once, that Buffalo averaged close to 5 ypc to the right when Nails and Spriggs were side by side. Like I said, that is far from being an official stat, but if it is even close to being true, it is quite impressive.

None of us think Nails and Spriggs are the answers to our offensive woes, but why can't a player rededicate himself to the game? Isn't that what Bills' fans are counting on with Bledsoe? We are just hoping that they will be productive players, if not it doesn't matter because we are not counting on them, but if they are productive, anything on top of that is gravy.

Team Statistics
2000 Buf

Offensive

YDS RUSH PASS PTS TOT
343.6 120.1 223.5 19.7 309

Wasn't Nails on this line..you avg. a 120.1 yards rushing for the year.

Granted you were behind a lot and had to throw so you didn't run as much, but that's a good avg per game..

I think Spriggs and Nails manned your right side.

Back
Top Bottom