Looking at our Offensive Line | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking at our Offensive Line

Originally posted by Dajesus

Hi my name is Brian and I can't spell. I know this and I am ok with it, I hope you can get past it. I also wrote all my posts last night pretty high on hydrocodene(medical reasons, not for fun) so I was pretty impressed that they were some what coherent. Anyway I am not the only one that has him penciled in so low. Dave also has him battleing A. Ceasiro for a roster spot. As of right now Dixon is starting at LG and Seacy and Perry are fighting for the starting RG spot. After that Mckinney, Nails, Ceasiro, and the loser of the Perry Searcy battle will be fighting for playing time.

That's ok Brian, looking at his post he had a few mistakes of his own, making me wonder why he would even bother to tell you about yours.

I can't tell you how many times I use to watch this guy get slapped up aside= upside of his head by a defender half his side= size and all that he would do was look for a soft spot on the turf to land.

Having to use the fact that you misspelled something probably meant he could not find anything in your post to pick apart.......

By the way I recall plenty of Buffalo Fans raving about Nails when he WAS WITH BUFFALO, but now that he is not.........well

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little spin..

Hi my name is Brian and I can't spell. I know this and I am ok with it, I hope you can get past it. I also wrote all my posts last night pretty high on hydrocodene(medical reasons, not for fun) so I was pretty impressed that they were some what coherent. Anyway I am not the only one that has him penciled in so low. Dave also has him battleing A. Ceasiro for a roster spot. As of right now Dixon is starting at LG and Seacy and Perry are fighting for the starting RG spot. After that Mckinney, Nails, Ceasiro, and the loser of the Perry Searcy battle will be fighting for playing time.

Hi, my name is Mike and I like to obssess. I know this and I am ok with this, I hope you ALSO can get past it. I am on medication every day for the rest of my life for a serious head injury that I received when I was accidently struck by a train so I can fully relate and probably then some. I am sorry that you are on medication, I hope that it isn't serious and I sincerely wish for you to have a speedy recovery. Please quit following me around and dogging me on all of my posts and I will quit responding in the way I do.

Thank you and have a nice day, 3W

It is amazing how good we were all of a sudden..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Team Statistics
2000 Buf

Offensive

YDS RUSH PASS PTS TOT
343.6 120.1 223.5 19.7 309

Wasn't Nails on this line..you avg. a 120.1 yards rushing for the year.

Granted you were behind a lot and had to throw so you didn't run as much, but that's a good avg per game..

I think Spriggs and Nails manned your right side.

That is a total misnomer MD. The Bills totaled 1922 YDs in 2000. Rob Johnson and Doug Flukie combined for 468 Yds of that. Then 56 yds of that were by the wide receivers, so you know that they weren't going offtackle. That brings it down to 1398 Yds total for the backs which averages out to 87.3 YDs. Not a very remarkable stat, is it? Also, the Bills had Cowart, Wiley & Co and had the 3rd ranked defense in the league that year so it wasn't like they were having to play catch up. The defense gave them every chance to run or pass the ball to get in the game. Nails will make a good backup or a mediocre starter. Who knows, maybe he will prove us naysayers wrong. Only time will tell.

Two thumbs up

Originally posted by Ozzy

That's ok Brian, looking at his post he had a few mistakes of his own, making me wonder why he would even bother to tell you about yours.

Having to use the fact that you misspelled something probably meant he could not find anything in your post to pick apart.......

By the way I recall plenty of Buffalo Fans raving about Nails when he WAS WITH BUFFALO, but now that he is not.........well

Your defense of your fellow fan is commendable, keep up the good work. And TRUST ME on this, no one has raved about JN in Buffalo for any amount of time. With him, what you see is what you get, Spriggs is better..enjoy.;)

Re: It is amazing how good we were all of a sudden..

Originally posted by 3W

That is a total misnomer MD. The Bills totaled 1922 YDs in 2000. Rob Johnson and Doug Flukie combined for 468 Yds of that. Then 56 yds of that were by the wide receivers, so you know that they weren't going offtackle. That brings it down to 1398 Yds total for the backs which averages out to 87.3 YDs. Not a very remarkable stat, is it? Also, the Bills had Cowart, Wiley & Co and had the 3rd ranked defense in the league that year so it wasn't like they were having to play catch up. The defense gave them every chance to run or pass the ball to get in the game. Nails will make a good backup or a mediocre starter. Who knows, maybe he will prove us naysayers wrong. Only time will tell.

I just copied what what on the Bills stats for that year...I didn't make it up...Your stats said you avg. 120 ypg rushing...Just going on tot rush yards..it didn't say who got them...wheather your QB got them or your rb..they count as total run yards..Jay gets a lot too that's counted toward our total rush yards..rush yards are rush yards..if the line totally breaks down...then they lost yards which would count against the total. Your total were 120 per.
Sounds like your line held up.

I wholeheartedly disagree..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I just copied what what on the Bills stats for that year...I didn't make it up...Your stats said you avg. 120 ypg rushing...Just going on tot rush yards..it didn't say who got them...wheather your QB got them or your rb..they count as total run yards..Jay gets a lot too that's counted toward our total rush yards..rush yards are rush yards..if the line totally breaks down...then they lost yards which would count against the total. Your total were 120 per.
Sounds like your line held up.

The reason that the QBs got so many rushing yards was because the line DID break down and they were running for their lives. They happened to get positive yardage because they were both good scramblers. Believe me, you never saw Rob Johnson going offtackle, off the ride side. Read into it what you want but I was there, I know for a fact that was one of the reasons that they ended up losing most of their games in the second half of that season..and it was downhill from there on out...they had no running game to speak of. Another thing that distorts those stats of yours is the fact that in the last game of the season against the Seahawks, when neither team had anything to gain, A. Smith rolled up 147 YDs against a Seahawks team that was running so hard for the bus, by the 4th quarter that they had to put in the waterboy and the chain gang in order to have 11 men on the field. Soooo...keep eating those peanut butter sandwhiches and trying to convince us that they are steak if you want Bro, but I know better.

Hmmm....I never thought that I would be trying to convince a fins fan about how bad the Bills were while they tried to tell me how good they were....must be a full moon tonight????:eek:

Re: Two thumbs up

Originally posted by 3W

Your defense of your fellow fan is commendable, keep up the good work. And TRUST ME on this, no one has raved about JN in Buffalo for any amount of time. With him, what you see is what you get, Spriggs is better..enjoy.;)

I really don't think you can say that. Obviously this isn't the same Jamie Nails that showed up to many trainig camps with no passion to play. Maybe spending a season outside looking in so to speak gave him a new motivation; thus, the loss of 40 lbs since last year. He obviously had the talent if your coaches thought he was able to start dispite his lack of heart to keep the weight off. He is relatively young so who is to really say he couldn't turn it around. I am not saying he deffinitly will, but isn't at least worth a good look? I thought if anyone would understand this it would be the fans of the team that traded away their 1st round pick for a QB that hasn't had a productive season in 3 years. Aren't you guys pretty much banking on a hope that a change of enviroment, and a new respect for the game will turn Drew back in to a pro bowl Qb?

PS It's not a big deal just chronic bronchitis, and a little astma.

One more thing 3W can you bring back your old avatar? I am not sure who it really was, but it looked like the human beet box, and he makes me laugh. RIP human beet box:cry:

One more thing 3W can you bring back your old avatar? I am not sure who it really was, but it looked like the human beet box, and he makes me laugh. RIP human beet box:cry:

LOL..Thanxs DJ, I changed it this week because this week is my self-proclaimed annual Dreads Week. Next week it is back to the Mullet! :D

Maybee I have the wrong guy, weren't you the Bills fan that had the avatar of Jamie Nails eating?

Ok that is what my first post was referring to. I apolagize to the other users for boring you with these last few posts.

Re: I wholeheartedly disagree..

Originally posted by 3W
Hmmm....I never thought that I would be trying to convince a fins fan about how bad the Bills were while they tried to tell me how good they were....must be a full moon tonight????:eek:

I never said they were good..I remember that year for you guys..I didn't know the stats for you guys until I researched this..I admit I was surprise when I saw the avg. When it came to Rob QBing..he held the ball a long time..so the line play I can blame on him..with Flutie back there..there's liable to be a scramble any time..but he would get rid of it faster than Rob..I think the problems between Flutie and Rob had some bearing on it..Don't get me wrong, as a Fins Fan I was happy..made it easier for us..but Flutie made it difficult for us. Thank for the info..good to see a Bills Fan who actually kept up with what the Bills did on the field..

See A. Freeman thread on possible starting OL..pretty much like we said..even have comment on Nails..

I hope you keep that line it will make that much easier for Newman to kill Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom