Looking at receivers in draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking at receivers in draft

Due to the CBA I feel a lot of Juniors will declare to get paid before it's too late so keep an eye on Golden Tate of Notre Dame, Dezmon Briscoe of Kansas, Demryius Thoms of Georgia Tech, and I didn't see Damien Williams of USC on that list. That guy is a 1st Rounder without question

I'm also high on Lafell. If we don't pick up a FA WR, I'd love to see us be very aggressive and do our best to get 2 of the these 3:

Bryant
Benn
Lafell

I love Bryant, but unless we're top 7-10, which I still dont think is likely, we wont get him. Ive seen Benn drop way too many easy ones. I like LaFell, but I havent seen a whole lot of him. If Tate declares that could be intriguing ( I usually hate Golden Domers, but he seems legit so far). Right now Im not so much worried about a #1 WR as I am a WR who can hold on to the ball, so if one of these guys doesn't fall to us in the first, I think we'd be better off filling another void (McClain? Spikes? Cody?) and getting a reliable hands guy like Blair White out of Michigan State in the 3-4 round area.

I love Bryant, but unless we're top 7-10, which I still dont think is likely, we wont get him. Ive seen Benn drop way too many easy ones. I like LaFell, but I havent seen a whole lot of him. If Tate declares that could be intriguing ( I usually hate Golden Domers, but he seems legit so far). Right now Im not so much worried about a #1 WR as I am a WR who can hold on to the ball, so if one of these guys doesn't fall to us in the first, I think we'd be better off filling another void (McClain? Spikes? Cody?) and getting a reliable hands guy like Blair White out of Michigan State in the 3-4 round area.

Interesting comment about Benn, I haven't seen the drops. Re: #1 WR, I respectfully disagree. Bess, Hartline and Camarillo can catch the ball, just a bad couple of weeks. Ginn- forget about it. Patty cake central. But these guys need the #1 to show up so they can organically fall in line, go to their natural supporting cast roles. Everything is out of balance until then. If we can go the FA route, that's fine with me. But the lead dog has to be brought in for this to work.

As to the Ginn/deep threat points of view- seriously, I'd rather see us bring back Todd Lowber or Anthony Armstrong for NFL minimum salary if you want a tremendously fast guy with questionable hands out wide to keep defenses honest. And I'm all for seeing what Patrick Turner can do.

Interesting comment about Benn, I haven't seen the drops. Re: #1 WR, I respectfully disagree. Bess, Hartline and Camarillo can catch the ball, just a bad couple of weeks. Ginn- forget about it. Patty cake central. But these guys need the #1 to show up so they can organically fall in line, go to their natural supporting cast roles. Everything is out of balance until then. If we can go the FA route, that's fine with me. But the lead dog has to be brought in for this to work.

As to the Ginn/deep threat points of view- seriously, I'd rather see us bring back Todd Lowber or Anthony Armstrong for NFL minimum salary if you want a tremendously fast guy with questionable hands out wide to keep defenses honest. And I'm all for seeing what Patrick Turner can do.

Im in Big Ten country, so I've had a lot of chances to view Illinois. Ive seen Juice throw a lot of very catchable balls downfield to Benn only to have them bounce off his hands. Ive also seen him make some really good catches, but the easy drops really stand out, and I dont think they'd improve at the next level. And while I would LOVE a true #1, and Im not discounting the need for 1, I just dont think reaching for a guy with all the physical tools and no hands/concentration will do anything but set us back even further. And I absolutely love Bess, but Im getting increasingly frustrated with this skid he's on. He was reliable with Pennington, but Henne throws a much faster ball, and I'd still like to see those reliable hands adjust. Therefore, it wouldn't hurt to nab a guy like White, who is tough, can catch rifles and runs good routes if we cant get one of the true #1's at our draft position. That way, even if H-Line, Bess and Camarillo get back on track, we have another option who would be reliable.

Please stay away any Receivers from USC All busts Mike Williams, Johnny Morton,Curtis Conway,Rj Soward,even Keyshawn was average for a top draft pick.Jury is still out on Steve Smith.Also stay away from Florida Gator receivers as well Reidel Anthony, Jaquez Green,Chad Jackson,Travis Taylor,Jabar Gaffney,Reche Caldwell last Ike Hilliard was average Jury still out on Percy Harvin

Good news...the jury just came back with a verdict and that is Steve Smith has turned into one of the top WRs in the game and Percy Harvin is the real deal.

Benn is the REAL DEAL.

I am an Illini fan and believe me he is flat out awesome. Dont let his subpar stats fool you. He has terrible coaching and bad QB play at Illinois. Its very frustrating.

It would be awesome if he landed in our lap!

i like MARTY GILYARD a lot!!

i agree, that guy IS a baller and will be a great pro, just like
julio jones from alabama.

BRANDON LAFELL is really growing on me. i have tivo'd the last 3 lsu games
and studied him and he really does look like an nfl wr.

but between bryant, benn, lafell, gilyard, golden tate, shipley, i dont care, as long as
they draft a couple and GET THEM ON THE FIELD!!! no more fat o-linemen or dt's or
lb,s. this team needs POINTS, and points cover over a lot of evils.

lets due some scoring while we are waiting around to have that 10 points a game
defense built.

I want a receiver that is 6-5 runs a 4.3 and has the softest hands ever. I want him to be the most agressive reciever ever to line up in the NFL. :):):)
So please make it happen thanks :)
Chubbs

You're looking for a rare specimen, but I would love that. I just want someone who can make the tough catch, and is a beast in the YAC category as well.

They don't have to be 6-5 and run a 4.3, I want a CLUTCH wide receiver.

what the heck...who said bryant can't stretch the field??? that makes no sense.

damien williams a first rounder??? no chance stay away

Bryant
Benn
Lafell
Decker
Tate

Get any one of those players and I'll be happy. Bryant/Benn and Tate would be a pipe dream.

Another one to keep an eye on might be Denario Alexander from Missouri 6'5 215

He has 81 receptions, 1238 yards, 15.3 yards per catch and 11 TD's

I think that we can add Demaryius Thomas to the list.

Back
Top Bottom