Looking back at last year's QB situation... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking back at last year's QB situation...

This year I'm stoked about the draft!! Even though he's a rooking head coach I have faith that he's not going to make the same deals as Wanny. Saturday can't get here dast enough...

Challenger74 said:
This year I'm stoked about the draft!! Even though he's a rooking head coach I have faith that he's not going to make the same deals as Wanny. Saturday can't get here dast enough...
I agree. Plus we have an early pick. I really hope Saban trades down and gets us lots of picks.

VanDolPhan said:
Yes it was the Jets. They offered a 3rd the prior year but Philly turned them down.

So we had to offer more? Stupid trade regardless. If they were hellbent on getting a second rounder you just say thanks for your time and move on. I really dont believe that stuff anyway, does anyone have a link for that? Ive heard it multiple times on here but have never seen proof. If it is then it proves our front office was even more inept than the Jest with Wanny and Spielman and thats straight up miserable.
Henson was mentioned as a top 5 pick if he had stuck to football. He has a ton more upside than Feeley. He was worth more than Feeley.
Now not getting Brunell was good fortune. He is so done its sad to watch him play. I liked him a lot in Jacksonville, he played great there but the treads have come off the tires for him, hes done.

I don't know about Henson either. My buddy who is a big time Cowboy fan and follows them religiously says Henson stinks. And he usually he likes every Cowboy no matter who it is. I think with a decent line Feeely will surprise some people...At least I'm that's what I'm trying to believe.

finfansince72 said:
So we had to offer more? Stupid trade regardless. If they were hellbent on getting a second rounder you just say thanks for your time and move on. I really dont believe that stuff anyway, does anyone have a link for that? Ive heard it multiple times on here but have never seen proof. If it is then it proves our front office was even more inept than the Jest with Wanny and Spielman and thats straight up miserable.
Henson was mentioned as a top 5 pick if he had stuck to football. He has a ton more upside than Feeley. He was worth more than Feeley.
Now not getting Brunell was good fortune. He is so done its sad to watch him play. I liked him a lot in Jacksonville, he played great there but the treads have come off the tires for him, hes done.

No link because its very old news. It was in the major outlets at the time of the Feeley trade though.

Feeley has both Mobility and decision making problems, there is good reason to question whether he has the intangibles upstairs to be real good at this game.

Challenger74 said:
Mark Brunell
Drew Henson
AJ Feeley

After what you've seen so far of the QB's which one would you rather have now? Mark Brunell, Drew Henson or AJ Feeley. I remember I wanted Brenell, then thought about Henson and said Feeley who? Out of the three I think we got the best one...Paid way too much for him, but he has the biggest upside. I'm not a big AJ fan, but I think with a decent O-line he could be fine. By fine I mean somewhere in between Fiedler and Marino:wink: (I know, I know there is a whole lot of room between the two..a WHOLE LOT!!). But that's what we need. Someone who can make the throws when called upon. That was Fiedler's biggest drawback..Noodle Arm.

My answer to your query is "none of the above." I would not have given up a 2nd for Feeley. I also think we could have gotten him for a 3rd if we held out. That, or let it go. For Rick to think Feeley could come into a new, non-west coast, system and perform well - given his limited background - was nonsense.

There were also other QB's out there - Kurt Warner, for one. He would not have done well in that offense either. But, he has some talent left.

I believed this at the time and I believe it now - I would rather have the 2nd round choice than AJ Feeley. Spielman made a bad deal, hindsight or no hindsight, Period.

Back
Top Bottom