Looks like Drake is starting but spliting snaps with Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like Drake is starting but spliting snaps with Williams

RB by committee worked for Shula. The only time Miami really had a workhorse RB was the first few years wtih Ricky Williams, and Wanny drove him into the ground.
It worked for Shula? Running game in the Marino era basically was non existent partly due to Marinos arm and Phins never actually had a decent RB. One of the reasons Marino never got a SB ring was because he had no running game. Other being a bang average Defense. Im not a fan of running by commitee. It screams "we don't have a standout RB so we will make do with what we got."

Even with a committee, it's a sad state of affairs when D. Williams is your lead back. Never envisioned things would be so bleak when we let Miller go.
We could be back to the ghost of Arian Foster as our starter.

We could be back to the ghost of Arian Foster as our starter.
I like Williams and always thought he should make the team over the scrubs he was battling against in pre season over the years, the majority on here usually disagreed. He's always been a borderline roster guy. He is a good blocking back and gives you a threat in receiving a few times a game. I just don't believe he should be running the ball, especially not the lead guy.

Hate to be so gloomy but your Offense is a back up QB, a shaky line, unproven RB’s, an alpa WR who can’t stay healthy, Landry and Stills- with very little production from the TE position unlike what most other teams get, on top of a supposed limited play book because players cant execute most of it.

Just think at the start of the season I was way more worried about the defense (who will only play decent for so long without offensive production).

I just don’t see how were going to generate much offense the rest of the way. Anybody?

Hate to be so gloomy but your Offense is a back up QB, a shaky line, unproven RB’s, an alpa WR who can’t stay healthy, Landry and Stills- with very little production from the TE position unlike what most other teams get, on top of a supposed limited play book because players cant execute most of it.

Just think at the start of the season I was way more worried about the defense (who will only play decent for so long without offensive production).

I just don’t see how were going to generate much offense the rest of the way. Anybody?
Gloomy? After that statement I feel suicidal. lol

Gase says the offense will be re-made in the offseason. I expect carnage coming- but if we get back the QB a 3 down back and real TE and fix the OL could have a whole different feel next year- and hold the defense together- maybe resign Hayes if possible.

Gase says the offense will be re-made in the offseason. I expect carnage coming- but if we get back the QB a 3 down back and real TE and fix the OL could have a whole different feel next year- and hold the defense together- maybe resign Hayes if possible.
That's a whole different team right there. It's about time, many of us having been calling for this for a long time. Don't forget, the defense could stand to get a facelift as well, not as drastic as the offense but we could cut a couple of players and add some youth to certain positions as well.

I think you're being realistic. I've been saying all year that the O-line is our biggest problem but is not out only problem. We miss Tannehill and we don't have a top TE like other teams do and Parker has missed some games and now Ajayi is gone too. If the offense does anything the rest of the way then maybe Gase really is that good but I'm not holding my breath at this point. Too bad we've had all the injuries because it is wide open this year

Ozzy rules!!

I don't think there's any help coming until the off-season. :(

There is no help coming unless people think that Larsen would make a big difference. Larry Little this guy is not. We'll need 3 new starters next year up front and a RB and a TE to go along with Tannehill and we'll need Parker to be healthy

Ozzy rules!!

With Drake starting and a little offensive creativity I really think they can make this work. Assuming Cutler is accurate and they keep D guessing I am finding a little optimism. Gameplan knowing our weaknesses and speed up the pace. I really hope Gase citing a change of ways is for real and not just same old same old

With Drake starting and a little offensive creativity I really think they can make this work. Assuming Cutler is accurate and they keep D guessing I am finding a little optimism. Gameplan knowing our weaknesses and speed up the pace. I really hope Gase citing a change of ways is for real and not just same old same old
Offensive creativity, Cutler being accurate......we're talking about the Dolphins here. lol

I'm surprised Gase didn't give Drake more work this year if this was kind of in the back of his head to get rid of Ajayi. Drake had like 5 carries this season so far...

I wonder if the reason was Ajayi always complaining about wanting more carries so Gase felt obligated to give them to him. I have also been surprised I thought he would be spelling Ajayi a lot this season.

Right there with you.

Our only hope is to revamp the OL next year, bring in a new TE / RB, and hope Tannehill can right the ship. Defense will only get better

Back
Top Bottom