Looks like LT Trent Williams is for sale | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like LT Trent Williams is for sale

cuzinvinny

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last edited:
I'd prefer "servicible" linemen, not "break the bank" linemen.

Yes, we have cap room ... But if we blow most of it on 2-3 positions, what's the point?

I think he’s too old for this rebuild... but this is the year they can and will add core pieces and will spend money, it won’t happen again after this year.

We will not have to pay franchise QB money for several years...or any other big contracts for that matter, so we can definitely do a few big deals.

Yes, we have cap room ... But if we blow most of it on 2-3 positions, what's the point?

Agreed! Plus these old vets have rarely worked out for us.

I think he’s too old for this rebuild... but this is the year they can and will add core pieces and will spend money, it won’t happen again after this year.

We will not have to pay franchise QB money for several years...or any other big contracts for that matter, so we can definitely do a few big deals.

At 31 its getting boarderline questionable IMO. But OL can play 34-35 and a 7 time pro bowler doesn't come around every day. LT considered the most important on the OL so would have to think he'd be considered.
Agree with you spending bucks in certain important areas love to have him but understand not having also

Williams' annual average salary of $13.2 million per year places him seventh among offensive tackles. Think he wants more too...Trent Brown ($16.5M), Taylor Lewan ($16M), Nate Solder ($15.5M) Jake Matthews ($14.5M),

Rashad Jones 31..... contract 13 mil

Last edited:

Especially offense of lineman over 30

We are selling not buying.

Ya agree but think we are getting near the end of selling and next big faze will be buying...

Imagine though just for kicks LT Williams, FA G Sherff (wash) and draft C Tyler Biadasz . That might make QB's a bit easier to evaluate..

It wouldn't be a draft pick, it would be a FA pick up cash deal. We do need to replace Tunsil and there aren't a lot of guys that can fill his shoes.

Not
Gonna
Happen

2 years from now, in the right scenario..maybe. But no reason to pay big $ to an older player during the rebuild.

No hopefully we find a diamond with one of our draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom