Losman Struggling | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman Struggling

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I laid it out perfectly for you. You just refuse to see it. You admit that there is not another coach in the history of the NFL that had as much talent as Levy and still failed to win the SB. That is all that needs to be said. You can compare the records of Levy and Wanny all you want, but you cannot escape the fact that Levy had more talent to work with and still FAILED.

The measure of a coach is what he does with the talent he has and Levy set the standard for doing less with more. There is no excuse for the zero SB titles from that team. He was handed a team loaded with talent. They were extremely fortunate with injuries. Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Lofton, Smith, Talley, etc, etc all stayed relatively healthy during the SB runs. In all of the SBs they were outcoached.

That is the sad legacy of the Bills. The best they were ever going to be turned out to be not good enough.
that still doesn't make put Wanny in the same level as MArv :lol: Nice attempt at trying to divert the comparison of both coaches. :lol:

zachseau13 said:
Wanny and Marv should not be mentioned in the same sentence.
Wow, that should kill his Marv=Wanny. :lol: It's nice to know there are still some finfans out there who do not let their hatred for the bills make them look like a homer. Can't say the same thing for other finfans who are huge Wanny fans :D

Justasportsfan said:
that still doesn't make put Wanny in the same level as MArv :lol: Nice attempt at trying to divert the comparison of both coaches. :lol:

I'm trying to focus the comparison on what they did with the players they had available. You are obviously trying to ignore the fact that they did not have the same amount of talent or the same luck with injuries.

If you can find a coach who did less than Marv with HOF talent, I'd love to see it.....

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'm trying to focus the comparison on what they did with the players they had available. You are obviously trying to ignore the fact that they did not have the same amount of talent or the same luck with injuries.

If you can find a coach who did less than Marv with HOF talent, I'd love to see it.....
When Wanny had the best talent in the AFCE in the year that the Pats won their first sb, how far did he take the fins? There's no way to compare coaches because they had different players. Now as far as having the best talent and taking them as far as they can, no comparisson MArv 4 sb's Wanny =0.

Remember one thing, Wanny was in charge of drafting his players as well which tell you what kind of coach he is if he cannot draft the talent needed to make it to the sb.He was all about D and stupid about his O. Hence, good DC stupid all around HC.

Try to spin it all you want and you can nitpick certain parts to make a point. In the end no one agrees w/ you.

Will Wanny even be nominated to the HOF? Marv was first ballot easy. Are you telling me theat the entire NFL is wrong and you are right? :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo said:

As good as the Bills where during their run the NFC was bye far the stronger conference..He (Levy) faced stronger teams in every SB appearance...I think your barking up the wrong tree Marv was a GREAT coach.

zeke0123 said:
As good as the Bills where during their run the NFC was bye far the stronger conference..He (Levy) faced stronger teams in every SB appearance...I think your barking up the wrong tree Marv was a GREAT coach.

Totally disagree. The Giants were not the better team. In fact, the Bills beat them in NY late in the season. The Bills beat the Cowboys in Dallas in 1993 also.

I think the Bills were the more talented teams in the first two SBs. It also doesn't explain why they played so poorly in 3 out of 4 SBs. At a minimum, the Bills should have been competitive with the Cowboys.

Justasportsfan said:
Marv was first ballot easy.

Please at least have your facts straight.

Let's see Marv retired in 1997. I believe coaches need only wait one year. And Levy was elected in 2001.... hmmmm

For easy first ballot coaches, kindly refer to Don Shula. Retired in 1996. HOF class of 1997.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Please at least have your facts straight.

Let's see Marv retired in 1997. I believe coaches need only wait one year. And Levy was elected in 2001.... hmmmm

For easy first ballot coaches, kindly refer to Don Shula. Retired in 1996. HOF class of 1997.
and where is Wanny? I rest my case your honor.

Judge: "the jury finds Wannyfaninbuffalo , GULITY of being a HOMER " :lol:

Here I took it to the main forum. Let's see if anyone agree w/ you. So far the only response that "Wanny is a joke" (paraphrase) :D.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=89060&page=5

Justasportsfan said:
and where is Wanny? I rest my case your honor.

Judge: "the jury finds Wannyfaninbuffalo , GULITY of being a HOMER " :lol:

Here I took it to the main forum. Let's see if anyone agree w/ you. So far the only response that "Wanny is a joke" (paraphrase) :D.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=89060&page=5

It's funny that you see nothing odd about making arguments from misinformation.

BTW, Wanny isn't eligible because he hasn't retired. Another one of your *attempts* at logic falls apart because you have no facts.

Name me another coach that had 6 potential HOF players (Kelly, Lofton, Thomas, Reed, Hull, Smith) and couldn't win the SB. Chuck Noll had HOF quality talent and won 4. Shula had fewer HOFers and won 2. JJ had fewer future HOFers and won two (against Levy and the Bills).

FinfanInBuffalo said:
It's funny that you see nothing odd about making arguments from misinformation.

BTW, Wanny isn't eligible because he hasn't retired. Another one of your *attempts* at logic falls apart because you have no facts.

Name me another coach that had 6 potential HOF players (Kelly, Lofton, Thomas, Reed, Hull, Smith) and couldn't win the SB. Chuck Noll had HOF quality talent and won 4. Shula had fewer HOFers and won 2. JJ had fewer future HOFers and won two (against Levy and the Bills).
Retired or not he still isn't in Marv's class. If I start a thread in the main forum will you show up to defend your stupid logic?

Justasportsfan said:
Retired or not he still isn't in Marv's class. If I start a thread in the main forum will you show up to defend your stupid logic?

Why not defend yourself?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Why not defend yourself?

reread my post. I don't have to defend myself. Marv is in the HOf and Wanny isn't. I'm not the one who said they are equal you did. Just like you made a statement and I made a bet based on on that staement and you chickened out by changing it. :lol:

So are you game? :D.

Now Now Kids - stop fighting or I'll turn this car around and we'll go right back home.

Back
Top Bottom