Losman Struggling | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman Struggling

Vessel17 said:
you can think what you want but I don't think any football fan that really knows what they are talking about would agree with you.

I know football and I agree with me. None of the Bills fans that have posted in this thread will answer the question about why Levy was unable to win the SB with the best talent in the league on his roster. Justa whines about the HOF coaches that poor Marv had to face. Isn't that an admission that Marv is not at their level?

I also have not heard an explanation for how Wanny could coach a team with less talent to a similar record. Plenty of excuses and rationalizations but no explanations.

Vessel17 said:
If you want to blame someone for Buffalo's SB losses you look at the players, not Marv. Kelly passed the ball too much against the Giants. The defense kept giving up 3rd and shorts. Against Washington Kelly had 3 passes dropped in the endzone. Against Dallas twice maybe you can blame Marv, mainly on the defensive side. But you can't blame Marv's offensive coaching, Kelly was calling all the plays.

You want to credit Marv for the success but not blame him for the ultimate failure? Isn't that just a bit biased? Maybe the gameplans were flawed. Where were the halftime adjustments?

You have to remember, they didn't just lose three of those SBs. They got smoked. Three of the alltime stinkers. It was pitiful to watch. Once they got to the 4th, the players didn't look like they wanted to be there. They were waiting for the bad thing to happen. When Thurman fumbled, they folded.

Keep repeating this to yourself: Championship caliber talent, but no championships.

My final assessment is this - I think Marv Levy was a good coach with championship caliber talent. His team was ultimately beaten by teams with better coaching. I think Wanny was a good coach in his first 4 years in Miami. He led the team to 41 wins. They were near the top in the league in wins, but any football fan that really knows what they are talking about would agree they didn't have the best talent. IMO, that means the coaching must have been good, not great.

By that assessment, Marv and Wanny are comparable coaches.

This is my last post on the topic. I've stated my case, backed it up with facts and rational arguments. They are all opinions anyway. Neither you or Justa or anyone else will be able to convince me otherwise.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I know football and I agree with me.
Yeah you're the only one who agree's w/ yourself :lol: The majority can't be wrong. :rolleyes:
FinfanInBuffalo said:
None of the Bills fans that have posted in this thread will answer the question about why Levy was unable to win the SB with the best talent in the league on his roster.
I think Vessel just answered that, DUH!!!

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Justa whines about the HOF coaches that poor Marv had to face. Isn't that an admission that Marv is not at their level?
If that is your logic then Wanny NEVER made it to the sb therefore he's not in their league. I'm willing to bet theat even finfans will agree with me that if I asked them if Wanny is in the same league w/ Marv the majority of the answers would be NO!

Even in this thread alone, Zachseau disagrees with you and none agreed w/ you. DUH!!!

WANNA BET? Cmon, The question will be "Is Wanny in the same league as Marv" Simple question. I'm sure you'll back out. You always do.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I also have not heard an explanation for how Wanny could coach a team with less talent to a similar record. Plenty of excuses and rationalizations but no explanations.

You want to credit Marv for the success but not blame him for the ultimate failure? Isn't that just a bit biased? Maybe the gameplans were flawed. Where were the halftime adjustments?

You have to remember, they didn't just lose three of those SBs. They got smoked. Three of the alltime stinkers. It was pitiful to watch. Once they got to the 4th, the players didn't look like they wanted to be there. They were waiting for the bad thing to happen. When Thurman fumbled, they folded.

Keep repeating this to yourself: Championship caliber talent, but no championships.

My final assessment is this - I think Marv Levy was a good coach with championship caliber talent. His team was ultimately beaten by teams with better coaching. I think Wanny was a good coach in his first 4 years in Miami. He led the team to 41 wins. They were near the top in the league in wins, but any football fan that really knows what they are talking about would agree they didn't have the best talent. IMO, that means the coaching must have been good, not great.

By that assessment, Marv and Wanny are comparable coaches.

This is my last post on the topic. I've stated my case, backed it up with facts and rational arguments. They are all opinions anyway. Neither you or Justa or anyone else will be able to convince me otherwise.
My final assesment, let me know once you are man enough to ever own up to any statements you ever made without backtracking by changing things around.

You weren't man enough to defend youself when i called you out in this thread :rolleyes:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/s...?t=89060&page=5

My prediction "you're NOT MAN enough" You NEVER were and never will be man enough to take my challenges to your statements. If you really knew your football you would never have backed out like you have now and in the past.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=89816

DolfanTom said:
Marino: "Can you believe the nerve of this Wannstedt guy? Now he's out to destroy my college team too!"
no one makes fun of a well respected coach especially a finfan making fun of wanny .

I don't have to try to make any arguments anymore. Wanny actions of quitting on the team he built says it all. You can spin it all you want Wannyfan, Wanny is not respected enough to be even invited into the HOF while Marv got in without any resistance. That says it all. It's all in your head. :rolleyes:

WANNA BET? Cmon, The question will be "Is Wanny in the same league as Marv" Simple question. I'm sure you'll back out. You always do.
Simple answer:definitely not. One's retired,and the other is in college ball.
ps 1 sucks, and the other was a great coach (figure it out)

scotlumdi said:
Simple answer:definitely not. One's retired,and the other is in college ball.
ps 1 sucks, and the other was a great coach (figure it out)
I told you it's all in his head. He's not different from current Ryan leaf fans that think Ryan Leaf is just as good as Marino since they both don't have sb rings :lol:

i hope he pulls off a good season hes on my team for fantasy football league and hes my starting qb eck

oricle05 said:
i hope he pulls off a good season hes on my team for fantasy football league and hes my starting qb eck

i hope that means you didn't pick your own team:confused:

Just thought you'd like to take a look at a recent training camp report of the Bills and Losman, made by a Bills fan and posted at BillsZone. Losman is doing just fine, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom