Lost Game, Lost Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lost Game, Lost Season

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Quinn11-1024x682.png

The Miami Dolphins have been decimated with injuries this season. However, injuries are not to blame this most recent loss to the Colts. The difference at the end of the day was simple: One team had Andrew Luck, the other had Ryan Tannehill. Both teams are very similar on both sides of the ball. With the Dolphins leading 24-14 with 13 minutes left in the game, Coach Adam Gase, played not to win. On the final two drives of the game, they played timid. Not wanting to make the big mistake, resulted in giving the game to Indianapolis. When everything was on the line, handoffs to Kenyan Drake on 3rd and 10. The difference in both teams was simply one team has a Quarterback that can go win games, the other has one they don’t want to lose it.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2018/11/27/lost-game-lost-season/

I can't disagree with one word DK. That was the difference, plain and simple. I was very surprised that we played them so tough for so long. We were rather large dogs on the road facing a hot team with an elite QB. But, we were awesome when we used Gore the right way in the first half and then changed up with Drake. We were running the ball very well! Tannehill threw quite a few great passes but also got lucky on the Caroo TD. We came out in the second half and just didn't keep the foot on the gas. Gase imo, made a number of coaching errors in the second half that kept Indy hanging around. There were golden opportunities to milk clock and leave Andrew Luck on the bench but that's when Gase elected to throw. There were chances to be aggressive and go for it on 4th down but Gase punted. Why the hell did he do these non traditional moves? He seems to always be trying to prove how smart he is and in doing so outsmarts himself. Tough loss because victory was within our grasp.

It's possible we see a 6-10 record for the second season in a row. And Cutler isn't even here!

And yet another wasted season where everything stayed about the same.

I think Tanne came back not because he was health but our record and games left so yea i agree w/ the OP

This season could have been so much better if we didn't lose Sitton and Kilgore from the o-line basically right off the bat. The FO didn't ignore the o-line in the off season, the mistake was counting on plus 30 vets to come in here and give us a strong injury free season. If we hadn't sustained any injuries to the o-line we would have built something special. Sitton was a massive injury and we're still reeling, believe it. Ted Larsen stinks and he's killing us on the field with his sub par play. The oline is only as strong as it's weakest link. Instead of a tough veteran pro bowler we trot out Ted Larsen. How can we run the ball with this guy? It's a credit to Gore and Drake that they are running well despite Larsen. Pass blocking and picking up stunts are 2 of Ted's bigger weaknesses. I have no doubt that that was in Gase's head when he called the fatal draw play from the 5.

It's the truth. I know I've seen this movie before. In the 4th quarter I simply KNEW we were going to lose the freaking game, didn't think it, knew it. Then when it starts to unfold before your eyes it takes on a surreal quality. We're not doing the things that you need to do to come away with a win. We couldn't close the deal. In Glengary Glen Ross the coffee WAS ONLY for CLOSERS as per Alec Baldwin. The only guy on this team that gets coffee is #25. That kid has great ball awareness, he's a stud!

Oh, the desperation in wanting the solution to be so simple..... just replace the QB and all will be well..... so ****ing delusional.....

I knew something bad was going to happen when we couldn't score off the turnovers. We would get a turnover in field goal position and get a hold and a sack and then punt. Just disgusting to watch... so sad!

Gase is smart at times....and then at other times a 10 year old playing Madden could call a better offense. The injuries don't help but every team deals with that. Same old Dolphins. Nothing much has changed in the past 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom