Louisville Basketball | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Louisville Basketball

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
What happened to them this year? They were a consensus top 10-if not top 5-pick in the polls.

Now they just lost to UNLV at home, not that UNLV is that bad of a team, but it drops them to 8-3 on the year.

They'll be fine, although they're going to struggle a little bit in conference when they run into the buzzsaw Big East. But they will probably still be a tournament team.

I think they'll be a Sweet 16/Elite 8 team, they usually start out slow like this and then gain momentum as the season wares on.

Plus, Pitino is their coach.

The team lacks focus and maturity. Their preseason ranking was too high. They should have been in the upper teens to start the season. They really miss David Padgett (team leader and starting center from last year). Since point guard Edgar Sosa emerged from Pitino's dog house against UK, he's the key to the season. When he plays well the Cards play well. We'll see what happens.

The most troubling thing about the team is their apparent obstinance at stepping on opponents throats and finishing them off. Look at the UK game last Sunday. They went up 11 and should have won going away by, say, 16 or 17 but they made 4 horrid trips up and down the court on defense and offense and let the wildkittens back into the game. They don't execute very well. Their out of bounds plays are turnovers waiting to happen and they tend to stand around on offense alot.

After the USF game on Wednesday which should be a win, the fun starts. Villanova this Saturday and then Notre Dame on Monday (in Freedom Hall) and Pitt next Saturday (in Freedom Hall).

What happened to them this year? They were a consensus top 10-if not top 5-pick in the polls.

Now they just lost to UNLV at home, not that UNLV is that bad of a team, but it drops them to 8-3 on the year.

what happened u ask. Very simple, they r overrated as usual and they dont have a guard who can consitencey knock down a jumper. That was a heck of a shot to beat kentucky by sosa, man i hate kentucky. Anyways, their guard play is average, and once again another Pitino team shotting way 2 many three's..becasue im a uconn fan and a big east fan i hope they can right the ship before its to late...this yr is gonna b tough u have to bring it everything...im curious to see how they will turn it around these next 3 months

what happened u ask. Very simple, they r overrated as usual

:rolleyes:

Overrated this year? Yes. As usual? Good one. This was the first year we were preseason top 5 in the Pitino era. It is not "usual" for U of L to be overrated. They weren't "overrated" last year were they?

:rolleyes:

Overrated this year? Yes. As usual? Good one. This was the first year we were preseason top 5 in the Pitino era. It is not "usual" for U of L to be overrated. They weren't "overrated" last year were they?

i dont remember them beating uconn last season...that is al lthat counts to me

When was the last time they beat UK? Last year? Seems like UK almost always beats them.

I think they'll make it to the tourney, and UNLV is a pretty good team this year, so it was like losing to Montana or something.

Pitino is a good coach, I think they'll get it turned around.

When was the last time they beat UK? Last year? Seems like UK almost always beats them.

I think they'll make it to the tourney, and UNLV is a pretty good team this year, so it was like losing to Montana or something.

Pitino is a good coach, I think they'll get it turned around.

We beat UK last year, but not the year before.

And actually that was the last time U of L will ever play UK in Freedom Hall. Next year the game is in Rupp Arena and then the year after that U of L will be playing in a brand spankin' new downtown arena.

U of L 61 'Nova 60

U of L 87 ND 73
in OT

It looks like this team is finally maturing. They've still got a ways to go but they're getting there. The intensity level was through the roof the entire game last night. That's an improvement over the long stretches of games where they would loose focus and intensity. It was pure electricity in Freedom Hall last night. I had trouble going to sleep when I got home from the game. The juices were still flowing...

Big test coming into town for Saturday night's game. #1 Pitt...

We'll see what happens. One thing is for certain, the game is going to be a knock-down-drag-out brawl.

Go Cards!

nice wins this past weekend and last night. Big east winner is gonna have to earn ti this year. I say 14-4 wins the regular season. No more days of 16-2 and so on. I thought vs Nova they got some bs calls down the stretch but in the end the right team won. I hate Nova for some reason they r arrogant fans. Notre dame is a good team but they have no depth and if Luke plays bad they r so in trouble, they have a lot of wholes, more then people think.

nice wins this past weekend and last night. Big east winner is gonna have to earn ti this year. I say 14-4 wins the regular season. No more days of 16-2 and so on. I thought vs Nova they got some bs calls down the stretch but in the end the right team won. I hate Nova for some reason they r arrogant fans. Notre dame is a good team but they have no depth and if Luke plays bad they r so in trouble, they have a lot of wholes, more then people think.

Yeah, I think Jay Wright is overrated as a coach. Yeah I agree, I think 4 losses, maybe even 5 might win the BE.

Notre Dame is such a good outside shooting team. McaLarney was automatic from downtown. He shot us right out of that 2-3 zone. Luckily we clamped down on him in the second half and OT. Playing them up there on Feb. 12 will be interesting.

We beat UK last year, but not the year before.

And actually that was the last time U of L will ever play UK in Freedom Hall. Next year the game is in Rupp Arena and then the year after that U of L will be playing in a brand spankin' new downtown arena.

The year before didn't Sparks get fouled on a 3 point shot to win the game? Big East teams are going to lose some games. The conference is too good. The ACC has started strong. Clemson does start strong seemingly every year then plays with their hands around their necks.

Kentucky is a better team than last year but the problem with that game is Louisville turning the ball over twice with about 30 seconds to go.

The year before didn't Sparks get fouled on a 3 point shot to win the game? Big East teams are going to lose some games. The conference is too good. The ACC has started strong. Clemson does start strong seemingly every year then plays with their hands around their necks.

Kentucky is a better team than last year but the problem with that game is Louisville turning the ball over twice with about 30 seconds to go.

That game was a few years ago in Freedom Hall. Yeah he got fouled on that shot, but he also shuffled his feet before he went up for the shot. The didn't make the call.

U of L lost focus at the end of the UK game. They started coasting and to UK's credit they didn't give up. I think the team learned a valuable lesson from that game. DON'T COAST...EVER!

Back
Top Bottom