**Louisville @ Rutgers Game Thread** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Louisville @ Rutgers Game Thread**

UF Fin Kat said:
it SHOULD be possible, but voters never do that. it's why auburn was left out of the championship game in '04.

True, but that year there were 3 major undefeated's.

That wont be the case . . . if Rutgers goes undefeated . . . it would be OHio State/Michigan Winner and Rutgers.

DonShula84 said:
The AP doesnt matter when it comes to BCS rankings also.
Actually it's 1/3 of the BCS Rankings. The Coaches poll is 1/3 and the Computer polls combine for 1/3.

Kdawg954 said:

That wont be the case . . . if Rutgers goes undefeated . . . it would be OHio State/Michigan Winner and Rutgers.

I really dont see it happening. BCS at large bid is the best they can get I think.

Kdawg954 said:

I agree, an undefeated team in a BCS conference should always get a chance to play for the championship.

Kdawg954 said:
True, but the polls take up a good percentage of the BCS tally . . . I mean isn't it possible for the voters from the AP and Coaches poll to move Rutgers all the way up to number 2 . . .if they go undefeated? If that happens . . .along with wins over a number 3 Louiville team and a top 10 West Va team . . . I would have to think that may be strong enuff to atleast consider them.

However u are right . . if Florida wins out, with that schedule . . . then u almost gotta put them in the title game, tho it wouldn't be fair to RU either. Very FLAWED system.

i dont think there is anyway that they would move up, that far, mostly because they have to jump a lot of good teams, and rutgers started the season way behind i dont think they were ranked

it is unfair for rutgers though, they have shown they are for real

DonShula84 said:
I really dont see it happening. BCS at large bid is the best they can get I think.
No, as the Big East champs they get an automatic bid to the Orange Bowl.

Amars said:
That because your in the SEC and you have to play SEC teams. Answer me this. How come you dont play any good team out of conference?
the same reason most big schools don't. and that includes USC, who didn't think Arkansas was the #11 team in teh country when they scheduled them.

Amars said:
That because your in the SEC and you have to play SEC teams. Answer me this. How come you dont play any good team out of conference?

You answered your own question.

When you play in a cupcake conference you have to beef up your out of conference schedule.

Amars said:

FSU tends to be good, this is an off year . . . guarantee u Florida wont be taking them lightly like they would a Western CArolina.

With that SEC schedule . . .there is no need for a tuff out of conference schedule. Tennessee, Auburn, LSU and Georgia all in a row, that speaks volumes.

Kdawg954 said:
FSU tends to be good, this is an off year . . . guarantee u Florida wont be taking them lightly like they would a Western CArolina.

With that SEC schedule . . .there is no need for a tuff out of conference schedule. Tennessee, Auburn, LSU and Georgia all in a row, that speaks volumes.

I agree. SEC teams dont need to schedule tough out of conference games because all there conference games are tough.

spydertl79 said:
You don't need a strong out of conference schedule when you're in the SEC. The PAC-10, unlike the SEC, sucks. USC has beaten one good team all year (Cal). IMO Notre Dame isn't very good and Arkansas isn't even one of the stronger teams in their own conference (The conference that is lead by UF). Florida has won three big rivalry games against LSU, Tennessee, and Georgia.

SEC is the best conference. The Pac-10 is the 2nd best or at least tied with the Big 10. LSU is good, Georgia sucks this year Tennessee is good, Auburn is good.

UF Fin Kat said:
the same reason most big schools don't. and that includes USC, who didn't think Arkansas was the #11 team in teh country when they scheduled them.

Ya but they dont schedule UCF or Western Carolina. Who the hell are they.

Back
Top Bottom