Love me some Oline Film... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Love me some Oline Film...

Best oline the Dolphins have had since I came remember

Enjoy

I was either reading or seeing somewhere? PFF? That they think Miami has one of the worst OL in football?

WTH? Are they watching the same games we're watching?

If so then the league must have some pretty spectacular OL play this season if Miami is considered one of the worst.

I was either reading or seeing somewhere? PFF? That they think Miami has one of the worst OL in football?

WTH? Are they watching the same games we're watching?

If so then the league must have some pretty spectacular OL play this season if Miami is considered one of the worst.
yeah mina kimes(sp?) mentioned this as a reason tua shouldnt be in. Baffling..

I watched that video yesterday. The fact is you can see some good stuff there and also some work that needs to be corrected. It's to be expected tho since we have started 3 rookies this year up front plus two free agents. 5 guys who never played together before and they're doing a decent job. They should only get better but it won't be perfect in just a few games.

And current LT Jesse Davis is doing an admirable job, but he's just a guy.

Wait until Austin gets back in there, and you've got your starting 5 all together for a bit.

This oline is 100% better than years past. The only people that cant see that are national media guys who dont really watch games they just repeat what they hear from others
I watched all 6 games. Yea, Fitzpatrick took a few boneheaded sacks. There also seemed to be plenty of cases where he made the OL look great by navigating the pocket or scrabbling for a 1st down. The reality is our OL is a work in progress. By no means is it bad, but there is still quite a bit of room for improvement.

When did Flowers move to right tackle, and Hunt to left guard??

I watched all 6 games. Yea, Fitzpatrick took a few boneheaded sacks. There also seemed to be plenty of cases where he made the OL look great by navigating the pocket or scrabbling for a 1st down. The reality is our OL is a work in progress. By no means is it bad, but there is still quite a bit of room for improvement.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was on this same team last year and that oline looked worse than this one.

I don't even agree with the narrative that Fitz took boneheaded sacks... In both cases where he was widely mocked, we were ahead and in clock control mode. Those 4-5 yard 'sacks' were infinitely preferable to a stopped clock.

Indeed, in one case, the announcers praised his wisdom for doing it... and the next day, numerous FH Posters belittled Fitz... showing once again that many of the flamethrowers just do not understand football.

I don't even agree with the narrative that Fitz took boneheaded sacks... In both cases where he was widely mocked, we were ahead and in clock control mode. Those 4-5 yard 'sacks' were infinitely preferable to a stopped clock.

Indeed, in one case, the announcers praised his wisdom for doing it... and the next day, numerous FH Posters belittled Fitz... showing once again that many of the flamethrowers just do not understand football.

So many nuances to the game Fitzpatrick was able to exploit for this foundational rebuild. Alot of it some really decent work.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was on this same team last year and that oline looked worse than this one.
I mean our OL last year was a bunch of practice squad guys and Davis. Adding 2 FA and 3 rookies to the group will improve it by default, lol. Not to mention a new OC that has the offense moving more efficiently.

I mean our OL last year was a bunch of practice squad guys and Davis. Adding 2 FA and 3 rookies to the group will improve it by default, lol. Not to mention a new OC that has the offense moving more efficiently.
Practice squad ? Do you mean Delivery drivers, and big home supply department workers? Ok, poor attempt...

Back
Top Bottom