LSU -bama | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU -bama

Big league burrow did what he does. He wins and he drops dimes? And he is so tough, making plays with his legs. Tua our there with Fromm hands I guess according to fh fumbling untouched. Tuaslimm will come in here when he’s done with the laundry and sniffing tuas jock, to tell us how hiw Galu and di will have fragile tiny tua for the league.. I guess if your kid literally washes tuas balls you have to be his biggest fan.. draft tua you get a often injured shrinking turnover guy

He started out a little rusty, but I thought he answered a few questions overall. I think he played well enough to win. He’s still the best quarterback in the draft.

And you’re still a little Lolphins fanboy....the worst organization in all of sports. I’ll continue having the last laugh.

:lol:

really? you both need to grow up.

i enjoy your breakdowns but this doesn’t lend itself too well to the whole unbiased 3rd party but I’m asking a lot, to be fair.

The truth is unbiased. I won’t post the truth when I’m trolling the trolls.

Everybody else here is biased - I’m just joining in.

I’ve tried to have serious football discussion on this forum for 10 years. It’s not possible anymore with the way the board is now.

Suck it up.

Joe Brady is the next Lincoln Riley. His offensive design is amazing.

He’s doing the exact same thing Bama was doing under Mike Locksley. It’s the exact same offense. He hasn’t reinvented the wheel, neither has Lincoln Riley.

Oklahoma, Bama, LSU just have the talent to make it very difficult to stop.

It’s a multiple pro set (11 personnel or 10 personnel) with RPO’s and IZ/OZ.

All Sarkisian has done at Bama is take Locksley’s offense and mix in some west coast concepts.

The truth is unbiased. I won’t post the truth when I’m trolling the trolls.

Everybody else here is biased - I’m just joining in.

I’ve tried to have serious football discussion on this forum for 10 years. It’s not possible anymore with the way the board is now.

Suck it up.

I’m late to the party I suppose so I apologize for missing all these efforts - i love your breakdowns as well as 3rd party references to prospect videos on YouTube - but applying labels like truth when discussing subjective things such as a QBs ability to translate to the nfl... phew. Seems risky.

It’s ok your team lost. Ultimately you had zero to do with their loss (or success!) so eventually you’ll learn it’s not worth lashing out at people. Or as you might advise - suck it up!

(That being said I immediately left that game wanting Tua over Burrow)

I’m late to the party I suppose so I apologize for missing all these efforts - i love your breakdowns as well as 3rd party references to prospect videos on YouTube - but applying labels like truth when discussing subjective things such as a QBs ability to translate to the nfl... phew. Seems risky.

It’s ok your team lost. Ultimately you had zero to do with their loss (or success!) so eventually you’ll learn it’s not worth lashing out at people. Or as you might advise - suck it up!

I wasn’t referring to how a QB’s ability translates to the NFL. You may need to reread.... you still haven’t arrived at the party yet.

Alabama losing has nothing to do with anything. We’ve been having these same discussions since Tua stepped on the field 2 years ago. It didn’t just start tonight.

All I’m saying is you’re dead wrong if you think the trolls around here are the only ones who can dish it out. They better be ready to take it also.

I don’t really give a **** if you enjoy anything I‘ve ever posted or not. I have an opinion just like everybody else. Let’s see who usually has it right. Been doing it for a long time. I win my share.

I’m interested to know your reasons. I thought they were both fairly interesting but you seem to have gone strongly for one candidate.... just curious

What I saw (just From this game - and this is a very basic take not taking schemes into account etc...) was a QB who was playing within himself and clearly wasn’t fully fit/mobile but still hit some great targets. He was throwing under pressure a lot no thanks to his oline and my man Juedy dropping a couple and that inexplicable fumble.

Burrow leading his team to the win away at a cauldron is impressive and he was very accurate and he can read when he needs to hussle and seems slippery when doing it but he can’t take take too many hit s like that when’s scrambling he’ll get really hurt. But I did see that pick burrow threw which he go5 way with you due to the penalty and it was a poor pick unnecessary really.

Great game to watch WD to both teams but none of those D’s can tackle. Too many times a man wasn’t taken down on the first hit and sometimes with two people hitting at the same time really unimpressed. They need some Rugby coaching some of the lads on both D’s. You take a mans legs/mobility off him he ain’t going nowhere

Well, I think it was a very good game and there's really no reason to hate on either of these two QB's.......Burrow answered a lot of questions last night and he played a great game both with his arm and legs while facing a talented Alabama defense.

Tua was clearly not 100% healthy but yet he made some play and that great ball placement is still there.

We saw a ton of talent on both sides last night.

Two NFL QB's
Two NFL RB's
probably 6 NFL WR's

Some very good NFL caliber defenders

As a Dolphins fan I'm totally happy that two great QB's are there in the 2020 draft and I'd be very happy with either one.

The so called "hate" for one player or the other....I don't really think is hate but rather people just wanting to be right so bad that they're blinded by it. Lots of people made up their mind that Burrow wasn't good. Then he has this amazing season and rather than to say hey "maybe I was wrong" they'd rather just hate on the guy because in their eyes there's no way they could be wrong about a player.

It's all about the ego with some posters.

I've been right before and I've been wrong before. I'm no expert. I'm just a regular Dolphins fan hoping we get our QB.

Stop arguing so much with each other. Neither one of these QB's is going to give you any money for rooting for them.

Imagine how much better Burrow plays if Alabama DEs weren’t timing their getoffs so perfect, and in some cases clearly jumping offsides with no flag.

Fun watching the kid throw. Mechanics are on point. Decision making is off the charts.

He didn’t just answer questions, he made a statement.

Congrats to the Cincinnati Bengals. Your future looks bright.

Last edited:
Well, I think it was a very good game and there's really no reason to hate on either of these two QB's.......Burrow answered a lot of questions last night and he played a great game both with his arm and legs while facing a talented Alabama defense.

Tua was clearly not 100% healthy but yet he made some play and that great ball placement is still there.

We saw a ton of talent on both sides last night.

Two NFL QB's
Two NFL RB's
probably 6 NFL WR's

Some very good NFL caliber defenders

As a Dolphins fan I'm totally happy that two great QB's are there in the 2020 draft and I'd be very happy with either one.

The so called "hate" for one player or the other....I don't really think is hate but rather people just wanting to be right so bad that they're blinded by it. Lots of people made up their mind that Burrow wasn't good. Then he has this amazing season and rather than to say hey "maybe I was wrong" they'd rather just hate on the guy because in their eyes there's no way they could be wrong about a player.

It's all about the ego with some posters.

I've been right before and I've been wrong before. I'm no expert. I'm just a regular Dolphins fan hoping we get our QB.

Stop arguing so much with each other. Neither one of these QB's is going to give you any money for rooting for them.

Thanks Danny, I was going to post something similar.

Look guys, most all of us are rabid Dolphin fans who have ZERO influence over the outcome of games or who they will end up drafting. Why be at odds with each other?

For me, I'd be quite happy with either of those two as our QB (why not both) but who is to say either of them can survive our sieve like OL?

Sit back, enjoy the process and hope our FO can build a championship roster no matter who it is.

Thanks Danny, I was going to post something similar.

Look guys, most all of us are rabid Dolphin fans who have ZERO influence over the outcome of games or who they will end up drafting. Why be at odds with each other?

For me, I'd be quite happy with either of those two as our QB (why not both) but who is to say either of them can survive our sieve like OL?

Sit back, enjoy the process and hope our FO can build a championship roster no matter who it is.
Exactly. We don't get to draft anyone. It's not up to us who the FO drafts.All we can do is hope for the best. Nothing wrong with having an opinion but why get so mad at the ones that have a different opinion?

At least there's one thing we can all agree with.......Ozzy rules!!

Posted this in the Draft Buffet, but I figured I'd post it here, as well:

Thought Burrow played well, but most of his throws were pretty easy. Lots of short stuff where a WR was wide open over the middle or passes to the RB in the flat. If Alabama made a few more tackles against #22, they probably win that game.

Bottom line to me is that Burrow played how we expect him to play. LSU outclassed Alabama, and Trevon Diggs played a particularly poor game. For a stretch in the 2nd half, Alabama didn't allow as much separation, and they tackled better. They stopped LSU on those drives. Burrow played the same all game. I'm surprised Alabama was so content to let LSU complete easy passes underneath. With the exception of a couple blown coverages, Burrow didn't make any throws downfield. How does this translate to the NFL? Well, Burrow's poise, ability to see the field, and accuracy short and medium absolutely do translate. His escapability also translates. But, I'd expect NFL teams to make them win downfield, taking away the easy stuff, and I don't think Burrow did anything to answer those questions.

Tua, by contrast, made a bunch of bigtime throws - some dropped by his receivers. After Jeudy dropped the perfect deep throw, Tua came back and completed a 15-20 yard pass to Ruggs on 3rd and 10; after Jeudy dropped the TD in the 4th (another perfect pass), Tua came back to him with a perfect pass from the far hash.

LSU took away the easy stuff and made Tua make bigtime throws - also forcing his receivers to make more difficult plays.

Tua made two awful plays and paid for both. Burrow's errant throws fell harmlessly to the turf - even when there were defenders nearby. Over the course of time, these things tend to balance out, but they can be lopsided during any particular game.

I don't agree with people who say that this game put Burrow on Tua's level, but that's not a knock on Burrow. In the right situation, he can get it done. He's willing and able to work the middle, has really good feet, and he sees the field and throws with good anticipation. But, I don't think he's like a Deshaun Watson or Russell Wilson - a guy that can come in and make special plays that transform an otherwise bad offense into a good offense. Tua is that kind of QB.

Posted this in the Draft Buffet, but I figured I'd post it here, as well:

Thought Burrow played well, but most of his throws were pretty easy. Lots of short stuff where a WR was wide open over the middle or passes to the RB in the flat. If Alabama made a few more tackles against #22, they probably win that game.

Bottom line to me is that Burrow played how we expect him to play. LSU outclassed Alabama, and Trevon Diggs played a particularly poor game. For a stretch in the 2nd half, Alabama didn't allow as much separation, and they tackled better. They stopped LSU on those drives. Burrow played the same all game. I'm surprised Alabama was so content to let LSU complete easy passes underneath. With the exception of a couple blown coverages, Burrow didn't make any throws downfield. How does this translate to the NFL? Well, Burrow's poise, ability to see the field, and accuracy short and medium absolutely do translate. His escapability also translates. But, I'd expect NFL teams to make them win downfield, taking away the easy stuff, and I don't think Burrow did anything to answer those questions.

Tua, by contrast, made a bunch of bigtime throws - some dropped by his receivers. After Jeudy dropped the perfect deep throw, Tua came back and completed a 15-20 yard pass to Ruggs on 3rd and 10; after Jeudy dropped the TD in the 4th (another perfect pass), Tua came back to him with a perfect pass from the far hash.

LSU took away the easy stuff and made Tua make bigtime throws - also forcing his receivers to make more difficult plays.

Tua made two awful plays and paid for both. Burrow's errant throws fell harmlessly to the turf - even when there were defenders nearby. Over the course of time, these things tend to balance out, but they can be lopsided during any particular game.

I don't agree with people who say that this game put Burrow on Tua's level, but that's not a knock on Burrow. In the right situation, he can get it done. He's willing and able to work the middle, has really good feet, and he sees the field and throws with good anticipation. But, I don't think he's like a Deshaun Watson or Russell Wilson - a guy that can come in and make special plays that transform an otherwise bad offense into a good offense. Tua is that kind of QB.

Spot on.

Back
Top Bottom