LSU! LSU! LSU! Geaux Tigers Baby!!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU! LSU! LSU! Geaux Tigers Baby!!!!

GreenMonster said:
He may be 2nd best.. Hilton Armstrong for Uconn has 103 blocks this year, while Thomas has 97.. I think his average is a tad higher.. That being said Tyrus Thomas is twice the player that Hilton Armstrong is..

Thomas is a walking double double, its scary how fast he gets off the floor..

I stand corrected. :up:

(Tyrus did miss a few games toward the end of the year because of injury, though.)

Pink_Dove said:
Whoa whoa...I disagree here guys Thomas has got nothing on Bosh. CB4 can actually post up and pop that 15 footer all day. I havn't seen Thomas do that consistently yet. All I've seen is mad hops and some good defensive positioning which equates to him being a monster on defense. Offensively he's got plenty to learn, he's nowhere near as polished as say Big Baby or P.J Tucker. He's a good player but he looks more Marcus Camby than Chris Bosh to me.

Bosh wasn't so refined offensively coming out of Ga Tech, though. Hence my comparison. I think where Thomas is now, and where Bosh was in the 2003 draft are pretty darn similar.

phunwin said:
Bosh wasn't so refined offensively coming out of Ga Tech, though. Hence my comparison. I think where Thomas is now, and where Bosh was in the 2003 draft are pretty darn similar.

I get what you're saying but from the little I saw Thomas (I'll make sure to look out for him next week-end) I didn't see the soft stroke that Bosh has always had (even at GT). Bosh was a 48% 3pt shooter with a good face up game and turn around jumper on the block. Every scouting report says even as a freshman Bosh had developed some post moves and an advanced offensive game for a 19 year old. I didn't see that in Thomas's game. Another thing that makes Bosh so lethal is that he's a natural lefty who's very good with the right hand.

The player that reminded me of Chris Bosh during some stretches where he took over is LaMarcus Aldridge. Unfortunately that went out the window when Big Baby exposed his 'soft side'. Another big man I like is Joakim Noah. He hasn't even filled up yet but he's go a great motor and nice instincts around the basket. He can also shoot that 15 footer surpinsingly well.

nick1 said:
I pick LSU and UCLA to win today, Florida and Mason to win tommorrow
I was right on :cooldude:

King Nate said:
Wow...nice!
of course my bracket was way off (I only got one of my orginal FF teams correct :lol: ), but I still predicted correctly once I knew what the match-ups were

so who thinks Mason can beat Florida? I hope they do but I'm pretty sure they won't. Florida is close to the talent level of UConn but the one difference between the two is that Florida is playing well and playing like they want to win. UConn wasn't playing up to their level and they definitely were outplayed by Mason. Mason has alot of heart and that was the difference in the UConn game. Florida is just playing too good for Mason, heart isn't going to win this game for Mason. we'll see

:lol:

By Michael Smith
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES. (AP) — The USC basketball team is currently holding a press conference in which the team is unveiling a plan contingent on LSU winning the NCAA men’s basketball championship. After LSU pulled off an upset over #1 ranked Duke in the Southeast Semifinal, USC supporters around the nation have pulled together to campaign for USC being named a co-champion. The basketball team has transformed that fervor into a legitimate claim of a national championship.

Tim Floyd, head coach for USC, stated,”If our bread and butter — our football team — can do it, we feel confident that we are able to also. We are considering the possibilities of claiming the championship outright because neither LSU nor USC signed a contract with the NCAA Tournament.”

Floyd was referring to the 2003-2004 college football season when USC claimed a national title even though they did not even play in the National Championship Game to which they agreed would decide the National Champion.

“We’re big LSU fans right now,” said Floyd. “We didn’t make the NCAA or NIT Tournaments, but really, does that matter? The press loves us, and to borrow unsubstantiated claims from the media in 2003, ‘Isn’t it just clearly obvious that USC is better than LSU?’”

LSU officials have not responded to calls and emails for interviews. Officials at the AP Poll have stated that if LSU wins the Tournament, USC has a very strong possibility for being ranked #1 in the poll.

DolphinDevil28 said:

By Michael Smith
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES. (AP)  The USC basketball team is currently holding a press conference in which the team is unveiling a plan contingent on LSU winning the NCAA men’s basketball championship. After LSU pulled off an upset over #1 ranked Duke in the Southeast Semifinal, USC supporters around the nation have pulled together to campaign for USC being named a co-champion. The basketball team has transformed that fervor into a legitimate claim of a national championship.

Tim Floyd, head coach for USC, stated,â€ÂIf our bread and butter  our football team  can do it, we feel confident that we are able to also. We are considering the possibilities of claiming the championship outright because neither LSU nor USC signed a contract with the NCAA Tournament.â€Â

Floyd was referring to the 2003-2004 college football season when USC claimed a national title even though they did not even play in the National Championship Game to which they agreed would decide the National Champion.

“We’re big LSU fans right now,†said Floyd. “We didn’t make the NCAA or NIT Tournaments, but really, does that matter? The press loves us, and to borrow unsubstantiated claims from the media in 2003, ‘Isn’t it just clearly obvious that USC is better than LSU?’â€Â

LSU officials have not responded to calls and emails for interviews. Officials at the AP Poll have stated that if LSU wins the Tournament, USC has a very strong possibility for being ranked #1 in the poll.

Back
Top Bottom