M. lawson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

M. lawson

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Let's say Simpson/huff/cutler and greenway are off the board for our 16th pick, do you think we should draft Lawson? the man is the next comin of JT/Merriman. He is right now a late 1st.

If we traded down a couple spots, I would take him. I don't know about at 16 though.

if Jimmy Williams is off the board, i probably would. him and Hali are kneck and kneck for that spot IMO. but are extremely quick off the line.

Lawson fits JT's profile to a T basically. If Saban laments that he didn't get hold of JT sooner than he did (saying he could have been a hall of famer if he did) then he may see Lawson and say wow this is my opportunity to have a do-over.

ckparrothead said:
Lawson fits JT's profile to a T basically. If Saban laments that he didn't get hold of JT sooner than he did (saying he could have been a hall of famer if he did) then he may see Lawson and say wow this is my opportunity to have a do-over.

waht you mean to a T? I dont get it.

SR 7 said:
Let's say Simpson/huff/cutler and greenway are off the board for our 16th pick, do you think we should draft Lawson? the man is the next comin of JT/Merriman. He is right now a late 1st.

Not sure how he would do at linebacker but I recorded the senior bowl at DE he seemed like once a O-lineman got on him he was pretty much neutralized...he just seems like he has a hard time getting off the O-lineman once engaged. And he doesn't seem to have any real moves he just relies on his speed. I'm sure he'll get better but I don't think I'd spend our 1st on him.

phinfan_1 said:
Not sure how he would do at linebacker but I recorded the senior bowl at DE he seemed like once a O-lineman got on him he was pretty much neutralized...he just seems like he has a hard time getting off the O-lineman once engaged. And he doesn't seem to have any real moves he just relies on his speed. I'm sure he'll get better but I don't think I'd spend our 1st on him.

hmm....they have him going ot NE in many mocks and i just hope that isn't the case.

I hate judging a defensive end from limited tape. I think generally that I tend to disregard the performances of DEs in the senior bowl game itself more than other positions. Bill Swancutt looked like a nightmare during the Senior Bowl game a year ago, but he didn't look that way during the practices and now with the Lions he isn't exactly making much of a case to be a starter, though that may not be fair to him.

Lawson was the most dominant DE in the Senior Bowl practices, and I think that matters more than the game.

ckparrothead said:
I hate judging a defensive end from limited tape. I think generally that I tend to disregard the performances of DEs in the senior bowl game itself more than other positions. Bill Swancutt looked like a nightmare during the Senior Bowl game a year ago, but he didn't look that way during the practices and now with the Lions he isn't exactly making much of a case to be a starter, though that may not be fair to him.

Lawson was the most dominant DE in the Senior Bowl practices, and I think that matters more than the game.
I agree...I was pretty much judging him from the practices and the senior bowl game so my judment is limited.
But I disagree with you on that the practices matters more. I think real game situations is a better judgment. Just like D-brick looked awsome in practices and got beat a couple times in the game. Although D-brick is a top 5 pick.

Actually for the senior bowl the practices mean more because they are doing things for the coaches. In college games mean more. It doesnt matter if D'Brickshaw got beat in the senior bowl game, he has never played with his offensive line before. We all know it takes a while to get used to an offensive line.

:dolphins:

Lawson and Carpenter would interest me. After that whichever of the Left Tackles are best. I dont think all of the above are gone.

Hali isnt a good choice he is a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 OLB. Greenway really is a 4-3 OLB where lawson and Carpenter are our type of guys.

Manny's my boy, I watched every game of his college career. He was a stud in college and will be the same in the NFL, IMHO.

Lawson is probabaly my favorite of the DE/OLB players in this draft, but I think it's very likely Miami could take one of them in the first day.

For one, it's likely that a valuable one could drop lower, considering how many of them there are in this draft. It seems like there a good half dozen plus first day DE/OLB prospects.

I think it'd technically be a need, too. We need a starting strongside linebacker. We've been using regular, big linebackers up until this point, but I dont think using two DE/OLBs would be a big deal. Saban is a good teacher, and has never really hesitated to change a players position in the past, and alot of these players have the atheleticism to drop back into coverage better then most. Hell, he might actually prefer going with two rushing OLBs considering how blitz crazy the team is now.

After his combine he definitely will not be a reach and will probably go to Baltimore or Cleveland before us,
I'd love to get him but I think he will be gone before we pick, his measurables are off the chart.

Dolfan2788 said:
After his combine he definitely will not be a reach and will probably go to Baltimore or Cleveland before us,
I'd love to get him but I think he will be gone before we pick, his measurables are off the chart.

He very well could be gone with his combination of speed, jumping ability and athleticism. Teams are always in need of a guy like him especially with him being compared to Jason Taylor.

Back
Top Bottom