M. lawson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

M. lawson

Yeah, I see that as a definite possibility. Seems like a player that Saban would love and his stock is going up so fast that he could end up in the 15-20 range.

Disgustipate said:
Lawson is probabaly my favorite of the DE/OLB players in this draft, but I think it's very likely Miami could take one of them in the first day.

For one, it's likely that a valuable one could drop lower, considering how many of them there are in this draft. It seems like there a good half dozen plus first day DE/OLB prospects.

I think it'd technically be a need, too. We need a starting strongside linebacker. We've been using regular, big linebackers up until this point, but I dont think using two DE/OLBs would be a big deal. Saban is a good teacher, and has never really hesitated to change a players position in the past, and alot of these players have the atheleticism to drop back into coverage better then most. Hell, he might actually prefer going with two rushing OLBs considering how blitz crazy the team is now.

exactly. IMagine JT on one side and lawson on the other. JT would confuse offense due to him switching but imagine now with 2 jt's. thye'll go nuts. We def. need a LB like him to fill up JT's role in the next 2-3 yrs so we dotn get in a sh** hole when he is old and reitiring and we need a very good S.

For the record, D'Brickashaw Ferguson got beat ONCE in the Senior Bowl game itself, by Mark Anderson on a beautiful inside cut. The only times I have ever seen Brick get beaten were on inside moves, which take advantage of his aggressive pass protection style. He steps out and up to defensive ends, neutralizes them before they even get started in their pass rush. Every now and then (once in a blue moon) he oversteps and displays a weak inside post leg, and if the end executes a good inside move he can get by Ferguson.

Note how few times this happens. Maybe once in the entire game...and when it happens it results in a sack probably 1 in 5 times because just letting a guy get by you doesn't mean a sack happens...if that were true Wade Smith alone would have let up like 80 sacks his rookie year.

Ck,
You mentioned another prospect in your analysis below that really peaked my interest during the Senior bowl and that's Anderson from 'Bama. When I watched the game it seemed like he was around the ball on most plays and seemed like he had really stood out opposed to Ryans and Roach. Do you think he could be a mid to late round player Saban may look at to try to convert over to OLB. He seemed like in this particular game he may have the athletecism to make that conversion. I'm not basing this assumption just becuase he beat Dbrick, but the fact that he seemed to pursue really well.
ckparrothead said:
For the record, D'Brickashaw Ferguson got beat ONCE in the Senior Bowl game itself, by Mark Anderson on a beautiful inside cut. The only times I have ever seen Brick get beaten were on inside moves, which take advantage of his aggressive pass protection style. He steps out and up to defensive ends, neutralizes them before they even get started in their pass rush. Every now and then (once in a blue moon) he oversteps and displays a weak inside post leg, and if the end executes a good inside move he can get by Ferguson.

Note how few times this happens. Maybe once in the entire game...and when it happens it results in a sack probably 1 in 5 times because just letting a guy get by you doesn't mean a sack happens...if that were true Wade Smith alone would have let up like 80 sacks his rookie year.

Back
Top Bottom