Mad-Dog : Super Bowl Going Thru NY?!?!?! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mad-Dog : Super Bowl Going Thru NY?!?!?!

The Jets will probably end up finishing last in the division. They have a good running game and some good linebackers. Abraham is out for a while which significantly downgrades their pass rush and he will never be 100% this season. The Jets are almost as bad as the Bills and the last 3 spots in our divison can go any way, but the Dolphins are easily the team to beat in the AFC East this year. We need to beat the Jets to end this hex and to get it off our players mind. It will give us great momentum, espicially if we beat them twice this season!! The team will be totally pumped up if we beat them September 22nd. GO DOLPHINS!!!!

No doubt, The PHINS are in the Hardest and the STEELERS are in the easiest division!! I just think they are hungry since they should have beat the PATS in the AFC Championship game but 2 SPECIAL TEAMS plays burnt them!! I just see them as SOLID and not too many question marks right now!! They will be in the mix at the end if not HOME FIELD advantage 2 years straight!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I believe the road to the super bowl goes through the Jets this year but not because I believe the Jets are contenders for it. Its because the simple fact of the matter is that we are not going anywhere unless we beat the Jets AT LEAST once this year. There's no use denying that the Jets curse is a monkey on our back and its really GETTING to our players. Beating the Jets is significant. If we can't face that kind of adversity we won't be able to face the kind of challenges that the end of the year typically present to us in terms of injuries and playoffs.

The Jets have looked good in the preseason, but I reserve judgement until they look good in the regular season. There's a LOT of teams out there that have looked good in the preseason at one time or another this preseason. Folly to think the Jets are the only one.

I'm with CK on this, beating the Jets will give their attitude a boost of confidence that things will be different this year and that they can go further in the playoffs, not because the Jets are a powerhouse team but that it will be one of the monkeys off their backs.

And lets get into reality here, IT'S PRESEASON lets see how the Jets do when they play all four quarters.
There's always hype around teams that do well in the preseason. I remember when Tampa was 4-0 in the preseason before the big franchise remolding was done. All that showed was bad teams can do well in preseason, not that the Jets are bad, their not, but lets not overrate them just cuz they won some preseason games.

The jets have looked good so far. I dont think they will come close to the Sb, but they could content for the playoffs.

Guys, guys, guys... It's not the Jets' record that is impressing people. It is the fact that they have done an about-face from last year. They have opened up the offense thus far unlike last year, and have had dramatic success with it. To say the Jets' receiver corps is below average or whatever is ridiculous especially coming from a Dolphin fan. You might not like it, or want to admit it, but a threesome of Coles and Moss outside, Chrebet in the slot, plus Richie Anderson out of the backfield is pretty impressive.

When the Bills play the Jets in Week 1 I am going to the Bills, I need Eric Moulds to lite up the Jets, so i can get my fantasy points baby!

Just to ask who is this MADDOG? I wonder if he is the same clown who was teamed up of WFAN in New York with Mike Francesca(who was worthless as the CBS College Football Insider on the college studio show)?
If he is the same guy then he nothing but an obnoxious New York homer.

JIM MANDICH

MAD DOG is the WQAM(SOUTH FLORIDA) announcer and commentator of all PHINS games!! He played for the BEST TEAM EVER in the 72' DOLPHINS as a TE!! His signature saying is "ALRIGHT MIAMI!!!!" He played college at MICHIGAN and he lets everyone know it!! He is very pompous and arrogant but I like him!! He brings enthusiasm to DOLPHIN FANS (BELIEVE ME THEY NEED IT DOWN HERE)here although I don't agree with alot of his accessments!!

Back
Top Bottom