Madison Restructures Deal!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison Restructures Deal!!!

Big O reports that Madison deal is for 12 million over 4 years. I heard this and it sounds low. Did anyone hear the update 5 minutes ago on WQAM.

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
Big O reports that Madison deal is for 12 million over 4 years. I heard this and it sounds low. Did anyone hear the update 5 minutes ago on WQAM.

Unless it's mostly in guaranteed bonus money...

Okay then..........

Ogun and our 1st for the Chargers first to get Gallery.....:yes:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Our OL is in deep doo-doo. Nobody we targeted signed with us....

With the way things are shaping up, Rick might as well ask J. Nails, and T. Perry to come back.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:cry:

We targeted Jeno James before ANY other OL. Who did we bring in the first day? James. Before ANY other FA at any position.
Did he sign with us ? You know the answer.

If Rick signs Nails with the understanding he is competing for a job, like a veteran mimimum contract w/incentives for PT, that's a good idea IMO.

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
WAY TO GO RICK!!! thank god we have players willing to take one for the team.. now we have 3 good corners ... wonder what the details are in madison's new contact ...

I also read that Madison restructured. But, before you say that Madison is taking one for the team, get the numbers.

Based on his play, if Madison is going to take one for the team he needs to be making about $2-3 Million this year... nothing close to the $6 M he was due.

I seriously doubt he did anything for the team - and I doubt he took a cut to be paid based on his contribution last year.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

1. Class Act - um nooooo he wouldnt take a pay cut so we went out and signed his replacment then when he realize he could have been cut or traded he then says he guys lets work this out Not a class act was being scared into signing it. And he was one the the most overpayed players in the NFL.

2 Top Flight CB - um nooooo top 25 or 30 getting top 5 pay. Not top flight that would be surtain.

Sam said long before free agency ever started that he knew this was his year to redo his deal and he was cool with that. It was in a radio interview of which the source was mentioned here on this forum. The Howard signing did not scare him into doing it. He knows there are plenty of teams that would love to have him on the open market, but he wants to finish his career in Miami.

Top Flight CB - um yes. He is still a top ten corner, whereas Surtain is top 5. Name 25 better corners than Sam.
There is no better pair of corners in the league on any one team than our two guys, and now we have some solid depth with Howard, so if either misses a game or 3 we are still in good shape for our starters.

Originally posted by MrClean
Top Flight CB - um yes. He is still a top ten corner, whereas Surtain is top 5. Name 25 better corners than Sam.
There is no better pair of corners in the league on any one team than our two guys, and now we have some solid depth with Howard, so if either misses a game or 3 we are still in good shape for our starters.

He must not watch anyone other than the Fins :lol:

Originally posted by SMadison29

He must not watch anyone other than the Fins :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, since YOU must watch every team extensively, name another pair of corners that in YOUR opinion are a better pair on one team than Madison and Surtain.

There a a ton of very good OL.

G Bobbie Williams
C/G Stinchcomb
G/T Soloman Page
C Jerry Fontenot
C Chris Bober
T Orlando Brown
T Spencer Falou
C Mike Flynn
G Mike Compton

Thats not even talking about what is available in RFA

T Mike Gandy
T Ryan Diem
T Kareem Mckenzie

what da dillio with bobbie williams? thought he was comin to town. what up wid Solomon page? he turn out any good? if he plays both spots that might come in handy. and im not talking about jack either.

Originally posted by MrClean

Sam said long before free agency ever started that he knew this was his year to redo his deal and he was cool with that. It was in a radio interview of which the source was mentioned here on this forum. The Howard signing did not scare him into doing it. He knows there are plenty of teams that would love to have him on the open market, but he wants to finish his career in Miami.

this is a guy who is out doing charity work too so i have changed my opinion of him a bit. hope he gave up some dough. Sam can stay. hes cool. and yes, we now have the best trio of CB's in the NFL.

Originally posted by ZOD
Okay then..........

Ogun and our 1st for the Chargers first to get Gallery.....:yes:

u kidding? they would laugh hard at that. would take a hell of alot more than that to get the #1. i think they would ask for our whole draft and ogun.

There a a ton of very good OL.

G Bobbie Williams
C/G Stinchcomb
G/T Soloman Page
C Jerry Fontenot
C Chris Bober
T Orlando Brown
T Spencer Falou
C Mike Flynn
G Mike Compton

Thats not even talking about what is available in RFA

T Mike Gandy
T Ryan Diem
T Kareem Mckenzie

Stinchcomb, Flynn, Compton, are signed.
But I agree there are some good guys left.
Also, Randall, Garmon, Ruben Brown and possibly Cornell Green are others I think The Dolphins should consider. I don't know if it was ever said whether Rick still has some interest in Coleman. He left without an offer, but is the door still open for something a little later?

Back
Top Bottom