Madison save $3mill on CAP | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison save $3mill on CAP

4THand10

Active Roster
Reaction score
WQAM just reported on air that Sam Mdaison new deal will save thr Dolphins $3million of this years salary.

geez, we give up ogun for a first rounder and suddenly we are 12 mil under again!

Originally posted by LIQUID24
If only we could find somebody to spend it on.......

i think we should just hold onto it. its kind of nice to have some breathing room. forget RT, one will come to us in our dreams.

Originally posted by finfan54

i think we should just hold onto it. its kind of nice to have some breathing room. forget RT, one will come to us in our dreams.
I'm jealous of your current state right now:lol:

Could be for a combination of things, like signing Chambers & Ogunleye long term, McIntosh/Brown & Williams/Coleman, & possibly going after Sapp or Darrell Jackson.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Could be for a combination of things, like signing Chambers & Ogunleye long term, McIntosh/Brown & Williams/Coleman, & possibly going after Sapp or Darrell Jackson.

Chambers/O-Gun, McIntosh/Brown & Williams/Coleman, and Darrell Jackson are all great options.

Jackson wants about a $10m signing bonus so we'll see how that plays out. I guess he becomes an option if he's still around when we get the whole McIntosh situation figured out. I would love to get Coleman or Williams, Darrell Jackson, and then Vernon Carey in the draft. That would be great..

FROM WQAM.COM
The drama continues.

It's a case that gets weirder and weirder. The Miami Dolphins on Saturday night thought they Agreed to a six-year deal with tackle Damion McIntosh solving their concerns on the right side of the line.

After wining and dining the South Florida product, McIntosh thought he was a Dolphin after passing a physical and signing a contract that was worth 22.5 million dollars and included a 3 million dollars signing bonus. Ahhh but that was Saturday, on Sunday the franchise received some information that McIntosh failed his physical in Oakland because of a troublesome ankle, that's when Miami requested another look where an M.R.I. found enough evidence that the franchise now wants to back out of the agreement because the player clearly isn't healthy enough to complete this deal. The next step in this process is for both parties to either work it out between themselves or settle it before the players union and league offices.

While the franchise feels they have every right to challenge and void the deal because McIntosh isn't healthy enough to their satisfaction. The former Charger and his agent Steven Feldman also feel they have a binding agreement because he initially passed his physical and they posses a signed six-year contract and what they claim is the support of the N.F.L. players union.

Yeah, I heard this on WQAM radio. Hopefully the injury isn't too serious. Do you have any specifics on that Big O?

Originally posted by Unconquered
Mmmm...Chris Chambers, Darrell Jackson and Rashaun Woods....

....I have to go clean up now.....

If we were to sign Darrell Jackson, there's no way we would draft a receiver in the 1st round with two young, sure starting caliber receivers. I would look at a guy in the 3rd round like Keary Colbert if he was there, to eventually become our sure handed #3 guy.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

If we were to sign Darrell Jackson, there's no way we would draft a receiver in the 1st round with two young, sure starting caliber receivers. I would look at a guy in the 3rd round like Keary Colbert if he was there, to eventually become our sure handed #3 guy.

I agree. As deadly as that looks on paper I don't think we'd take a WR in the first. We'd probably turn our attention to Carey.

So McIntosh IS under contract? :confused: It just gets better and better huh? :yell:

So the money is tied up until they get this resolved, right? Not to mention it is hard to bring in another RT when you might be forced to keep the one you seemingly just signed! :rolleyes:

Well it's not like we're going to use the money we saved from Madison immediately. I'm not really concerned.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Yea we would have two solid guys if they got Jackson, but there is nothing wrong with have three good WR specially if one get's hurt or in the 3 wide sets! Besides I would rather them get a QB with the first pick! Good QB's are harder to come by!

Back
Top Bottom