Madison save $3mill on CAP | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison save $3mill on CAP

Still great to see Madison restructure! It's always good to have Vets on the team! He might not be as good as he use to but he's still good enough to make a difference!

Well, maybe they're going to try to work something through with OGUN with the extra cash.

Originally posted by Unconquered
Mmmm...Chris Chambers, Darrell Jackson and Rashaun Woods....

....I have to go clean up now.....

Darrell Jackson is close to resigning with Seattle & has cancelled the rest of his visits. I kinda figured this is how it would pan out. The Lions will now turn to Streets.

Yea I hear Jackson was close to re-signing also! He was just a pipe dream anyway! I didn't really think they would get him! Well I didn't really think they would get Ricky but that turned out just fine so what do I know! KNOWING!!!

Originally posted by Agua
Well, maybe they're going to try to work something through with OGUN with the extra cash.

That's definitely a possibility. I remember reading something that tied the two together (Madison restructures, then Wale would get a deal....if we choose to negotiate).

Thats a possibility. I tell ya I wouldn't mind adding a Darnell Dockett to the mix at DT in the draft or maybe a Rod Coleman via FA cutting Zgonina who did well but didnt add the passrush I thought he would.

I really hope they resign Ogun man that is a great tandum with Taylor on the otherside! To let a good young player like him go would really hurt, but it all comes down to money!

I think the more significant part of the Madison restructuring is that he did take a pay cut. This year's salary was converted to signing bonus, but he reduced his base salaries by a total of $10 million in the final 3 years of his current contract. That means that we also get cap relief down the line. Good job by the front office.

The front office has done a great job with restucturing contracts this year to get under the cap and give them room for the future!

Back
Top Bottom