Mahomes signed a 10 year extension. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mahomes signed a 10 year extension.

I read somewhere (and cant find it now) that there is language in the contract that is very cap friendly - it basically said that parts of this deal do not affect the cap situation in K.C. I didn't think that was possible? Is it?

I read somewhere (and cant find it now) that there is language in the contract that is very cap friendly - it basically said that parts of this deal do not affect the cap situation in K.C. I didn't think that was possible? Is it?
No. It may be a cap-friendly deal, but no way would the contract expressly state that a player is getting paid certain things or in a certain way that do not count against the cap.

65m guaranteed and there is no dead cap after the 5th year. He also has a 550K per year workout bonus which helps the cap situation. There is also a huge roster bonuses over the years reducing his base salary. His highest base in the first several years is only 5.5m but the roster bonuses are 21 to 39m.

Back
Top Bottom