Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now

talent_scout

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hello guys. I just wanted to alert you to some very close-hold information I have been receiving from my sources. I think my credentials speak for themselves on this board, and I have often tried to bring you information that the rest of you do not have access to. I never flaunt my connections, as you know, but I have some very interesting information coming out of the Fins organization:

In the last week, the Fins have undergone a major direction change in who they were targeting for their first round pick. There was a about an 80% chance they would go with a certain player; however, according my insider information, it looks as if this player has slid considerably. Not off the radar, but another player has emerged as "that dude." Now, I am not at liberty to divulge the names of these players, but I can assure you something big is going down and if nothing changes between now and the draft, you will hear a name that has been on NOBODY's radar as a likely Fin pick. I will fill you in more as more information comes to me. Moves are being made and the Trifecta is way outside the box on this one. I didn't see it coming at all, and I am the most experienced talent evaluator on this site. Godspeed. More to come, hold your hoses, this is going to be a crazy ride.

I am the most experienced talent evaluator on this site.
That's interesting because I have never even heard of you. I think you would have more credibility if you did not toot your own horn with only 4 posts. If you have legitimate insight, by all means share it. But a little humility would also seem appropriate.:rolleyes2:

I think my credentials speak for themselves on this board

Oh really ?

How can you have credentials if you haven't even given your name ?

And in your profile it says your favorite player is the bust Reggie Bush.. So who's number 2 on your list full of credentials ? Vernon Gholston ?

:lol:

Since this guy is claiming a great big track record given the entirety of his four posts...I'll quote his previous ones.

talent_scout said:
No. Fins dont look at Kindle here. As someone with 2 decades experience with talent evaluation - I no longer do it professionally, but I still travel around the country to get the ole measuring tape out on young athletes - I can assure you that the Fine wont be looking Kindle's way. He is a solid collegiate player, but my notes and scouting of him leads me to think he is too butt-heavy and lacks the crisp explosion you want to see at his position.

Decent athlete, decent range, but lacks that firecracker type explosion of speed and power. Sometimes plays limp-in-the-wash also (an insider's term for not being very stout or hard enough when he is surrounded by other strong men, such as the big-ugglies up front).

My grade on Kindle is a C+/B-, will be a decent Pro as long as he is not asked to do too much in the hole and is allowed to penetrate around the creases. Good kid though and I wish him all the best.

talent_scout said:
CJ Spiller could be considered by you guys. While a long shot, I think Ronnie is winding down in Miami. I always graded him out decently but was always concerned with his soft, fleshy, physique. I am not calling him fat, he just has that sort of squishy behind that bothers me. Usually does not play to his speed either. Is a 4.8-4.9 guy in pads, not good enough.

CJ Spiller is a top-7 guy on my draft board. I am rarely wrong about talent evaluation, just one of those things I have always been great at. Began in my teens, measuring guys and breaking down tape. Never got tthe opportunity to make it big, but have challenged Mel Kiper numerous times to a mock-draft pick'em challenge. He has not returned my emails.

Either way, CJ, or as some of us insiders call him "The Cookie Monster," because he just keeps gettin his....would be a great pick by you guys. You may have more pressing needs, but CJ is the real deal. I have watched over 500 hours of tape on him (November 2009 was my CJ month).

I definitely will try to get a message to him via facebook or myspace that Dol-fans have an interest in him. He hasn't written me back in the past, but I will explain the situtaion better this time. Last time I was just seeking out whether he would be interested in doing a private combine for me, so I could get some measurables on him. Well, back to the tape, rewatching all of Colt McCoys college games to get an accurate analysis to you guys later.

talent_scout said:
I need more time. Very interested in tonight's game, Senior Bowl, and work outs. I will be at the Senior Bowl, only as an invited guest. So I have considerable more tape to watch and calls to make before I come out with my Fin pick. Also need to consider teams picking ahead of Fins.

However, from my own analysis and the rumblings I have heard in the scouting community, I can give you 5 names (not in any particular order), of who Tuna and company will be targeting on draft day. This assessment does not take into consideration of the Fins moving up or down the draft board. As of now, my short list based on still incomplete information is:

1) Taylor Mays (likely gone by Fins pick if he impreses in post-season, but commitment to game issues could allow him to drop...I see Mays as least likely on this list, but I have heard this name from a trusted insider)

2) Dan Williams

3) Terrence Cody (I have huge concerns about his weight problems and I believe Fins coaches will see his obesity as red flag, could be a draft day dropper)

4) CJ Spiller (not a pressing need I know, but I have heard rumblings...where there is smoke there is fire)

5) Rolando McClain (rangy, athletic, talented LB you NEED...he is high on your board - guaranteed)

Other Names that I have seen discussed but I doubt:

1) Eric Berry (The cream of this crop. He will be long gone, but this is the difference maker you need in secondary)
2) Jason Pierre-Paul (not enough production. I have heard this name, but not enough bang for buck)
3) Brandon Spikes (will not be a Fin, def not in first round...Spikes will drop like stone this year, I would put my reputation on the line with that statement...bad hips, average body, not a great ballhawk, not a chance as a Fin)
4) Derrick Morgan - (Likely gone)
5) Dez Bryant - (hmmmm, rather not divulge yet, but I can say this, he is on the target list, will FIns have to deal to get him?)

And finally, REMEMBER this name:

Arrelious Benn (Fins wont take in mid first round, but this is a player high on their list so if they deal something and move up with that 2nd. Benn is a performer who played with a very inconsistent and marginally talented QB while at Illinois. I have him ranked above Golden Tate.)
Arrelious Benn

BTW, I'm pretty confident concluding that "talent_evaluator" is a fraud.

why? the beauty of the internet is anyone can claim to have "sources", and really, how can a person prove or disprove that? btw, I saw this guy criticized for tooting his own horn, yet Ive read numerous threads CK where you have busted out the "our sources have told us" line.

To be perfectly honest, I find it hard to believe if you do in fact have sources they would drop names to you that the Phins really are interested in so you can run and post it on a chatboard. I really cant see Bill Parcells bein down with that, and any person who values his job I cant see doing that either.

Why would a guy lie about this sort of pointless stuff anyway?

Because it entertains him, simple as that. How can anyone read the following things and still take him seriously?

I am rarely wrong about talent evaluation, just one of those things I have always been great at. Began in my teens, measuring guys and breaking down tape. Never got tthe opportunity to make it big, but have challenged Mel Kiper numerous times to a mock-draft pick'em challenge. He has not returned my emails.

I definitely will try to get a message to him via facebook or myspace that Dol-fans have an interest in him. He hasn't written me back in the past, but I will explain the situtaion better this time. Last time I was just seeking out whether he would be interested in doing a private combine for me, so I could get some measurables on him. Well, back to the tape, rewatching all of Colt McCoys college games to get an accurate analysis to you guys later.

Give me a break. 500 hours on Spiller? I'm not even sure there are 500 hours of Spiller on tape. He's going to contact Spiller and see if he'll do a personal Combine for him?

It's a joke, in the same vein as Juan Huron, etc.

why? the beauty of the internet is anyone can claim to have "sources", and really, how can a person prove or disprove that? btw, I saw this guy criticized for tooting his own horn, yet Ive read numerous threads CK where you have busted out the "our sources have told us" line.

To be perfectly honest, I find it hard to believe if you do in fact have sources they would drop names to you that the Phins really are interested in so you can run and post it on a chatboard. I really cant see Bill Parcells bein down with that, and any person who values his job I cant see doing that either.

If you believed the guy is legit after reading his post history, that wouldn't surprise me.

I saw this guy criticized for tooting his own horn, yet Ive read numerous threads CK where you have busted out the "our sources have told us" line.

Yeah but we know CK.. We know he goes to senior bowls, we know he has met other long time members here who've said they met him there.

And we know CK has met with scouts, talked to them, and mingled with some inside info.

Others here have witnessed it in person.

We also know he has a website dedicated to this stuff. We know he puts a lot of energy into scouting college players.

The guy even breaks down tape of a player and posts it on youtube to backup what he's talking about for crying out loud.

And of course, we know CK's real name.

So you can't compare the 2... it's not even close.

If you believed the guy is legit after reading his post history, that wouldn't surprise me.

If it bothers you I dont hang on your every word, that wouldn't surprise me. I appreciate you love the draft, are passionate and know your stuff, but you're just another name on the internet to me. I dont need to be reminded about your "sources" every other thread. The Jared Odrick thread is a perfect example. Hoops disagrees with you at taking a guy to play 3-4 end at 12, and I happen to agree with him no matter how talented Odrick is. Then you bust out the "my sources tell me the Phins are high on Odrick" line as if this somehow trumps his opinion.

Without even having sources, I could tell you 32 teams are impressed with CJ Spiller. I can also give a list of 6-7 guys the Phins would look at with the 12th pick. I dont have sources. If you want to make me a believer, come on here when the Phins are on the clock, and tell me who the pick is. Otherwise, its all educated guessing. Isnt that what we are all doing?

I believe credibility is earned. I don't belive in people just having it cause they say so. That being said. CK has been on this board for years and has earned his credibility with the likes of someone like Boomer.

My sources (I can't name names to protect their jobs within the Dolphins organization) have told me the Dolphins are really interested in a certain player, now if that player is available at the 12th pick we definitely grab him. Now if he's not there then we go in a different direction but don't be surprised if this other player they really like (excellent sources have told me) they pick him. What really excites me is they are debating in house right now about a wildcard player that would blow everyone away if he's picked at 12, they want to let the combine answer a few more questions about this kid and then shock everyone that knows BP with this pick.

I can't divulge any names but trust me right after the draft and we have selected everyone I'll let you all know who it was.

Thanks, hang tight.

Back
Top Bottom