Make me the Miami Dolphins GM | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Make me the Miami Dolphins GM

Boomer said:
I read your stuff. First of all, spell the names correctly. It's Yeremiah and Zgonina.

I also don't think we're 'close'. We have issues at QB, WR, tight end, LT, G, C, DT, OLB and K. That's not 'close' in my book.

Sammy Morris has played very well and has been a vital part of the ST unit. No way he's allowed to walk, even with Ricky coming back. Same with Minor. Travis is cheap and similarly does solid ST work.

Miami is $17.8 million under the cap.

Matt Roth has played well, but 'a complete beast'? That's some stretch.

As for the OL, Leonard Davis is an All Pro RG who was switched to cover injury and never moved back. As for Gandy, he's struggled and has been shifted to RT with the former tight end Jason Peter playing LT. Oben is too old. Both Briggs and Thomas will be too expensive for us and Briggs, frankly, doesn't really fit the system. I would expect Thomas to end up in somewhere like San Francisco. You've ignored the three best LG prospects, Steinbach, Manuwai and Dielman, all legitimate targets.

London Fletcher isn't a Patriot LB.

I haven't got the time or the inclination to go through the draft, suffice to say that no JaMarcus Russell in the top 5/7? And it's Revis. And Brandon Merriweather isn't a 1st rounder. Buster Davis isn't a Miami linebacker.

As for our 'roster', Jeno James won't be here. And Rodrique Wright to start......come on.

Your review of Chris Chambers is rather a homers call. Chambers has been mediocre and frankly he's done very little in 6 years in Miami, apart from do exactly what he did at Wisconsin. He's taken over 1 game in 6 years. Not good enough.

Hagan has had 'a decent season'. Has he? I must have missed it.

Daniel Graham, a former 1st round pick and the best blocking tight end in the game won't 'come cheap'.

Joe Toledo a 'young stud'??? Where?

And calling Jeno James our best lineman is hilarious. Carey is our best lineman by a long chalk. James has struggled all season and never lived up to his billing after 2 solid years in Carolina.

Crosby the best kicker in college? I think Art Carmody and Alexis Serna would argue that.

Newman is solid? Is he?

Sorry to be critical dude, but needed to inject some reality.

Go ahead Boomer, no need to elaborate. Just tell him he wouldn't make a good GM. :lol:

RealDriscoll said:
Yeah sorry I am new to finheaven ; just wanted to throw a few ideas out there.

Maybe I am speaking like a homer with Chambers. I just don't get it because last year he was awesome. I know he is nowhere near CHad Johnson or Steve Smith.

Boomer, What's your opinion on Aaron Sears out of Tennessee?

-As for the draft there are 3 players that strike my fancy and those players are Ted Giin, Leon Hall, and Patrick Willis.

- I have high hopes on Culpepper I know but he is defiantly a top 10 QB. Maybe trading Chambers for MOss is not that bad of an idea; the cap ramifications would be unreal though.

-You think we have a shot at Nate Clements? Who is another LB we could get to replace Spragan? I would love AD. We have any shot at anyone good you think?

When you look back at last year Chambers really wasn't awesome. He only had 3 100 yard games and really if it wasn't for that 238 yard outing against the Bills, he'd not have cracked 1000 for the 5th straight season.

Sears has had a good season at LT, but he's probably a LG in truth. He needs to be consistent with his technique, but he had a solid year and is a decent 2nd rounder.

Ginn, Hall and Willis would all be good picks. Hall has to answer questions on speed.

With regards Nate Clements......possibly. But I'm not sure we'd go for him anyway as he's not been brilliant especially this season and yet he'll get a big fee.

We have a shot at lots of good people. There's good players out there but they have to be at the right price. I would think an interior lineman - Davis, Dielman, Steinbach and Manuwai - would be high on the list.

PatsSuck456 said:
Boomer what do you think of Brohm?

Good QB, my 2nd rated passer but almost certainly going back to Louisville.

I like the idea of cutting James and getting a better interior linemen. I wonder if Fonoti will pan out for us.

Boomer, what would your Miami mock be?

Adalius Thomas, Lance Briggs, or Nate Clements would be a hell of a signing.

Chambers for Randy Moss? Possbility you think?

Boomer I appreciate your criticism; Your by far the best poster on here and your opinion is appreciated.

RealDriscoll said:
I like the idea of cutting James and getting a better interior linemen. I wonder if Fonoti will pan out for us.

Boomer, what would your Miami mock be?

Adalius Thomas, Lance Briggs, or Nate Clements would be a hell of a signing.

Chambers for Randy Moss? Possbility you think?

Boomer I appreciate your criticism; Your by far the best poster on here and your opinion is appreciated.

James won't be back. His cap figure doesn't match his output, especially when you consider the available FA talent at the position this spring. Fonoti back in at LG would be great, but frankly he's overweight and out of shape and has been that way for 2 years. Why would we think all of a sudden he's going to return to that Pro Bowl standard form?

A bit early for me to do mocks. Post Mobile is when I start to look at that stuff these days. Those 5 days of Senior Bowl practice are the most important of the draft process. There are certainly players I'd like and players whom I think we have an interest in, but at this stage, I'm not mocking.

I think Thomas would be ideal, but you have to think that this is going to be his biggest pay day. Can we afford that, especially considering how good our defense is statistically.

Player or player trades don't really happen these days and I certainly don't see Oakland or Miami being interested in a deal like that, even before you enter into cap ramifications.

No worries, re: my opinion. ;)

Back
Top Bottom