Make Or Break Year For Devante Parker (again) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Make Or Break Year For Devante Parker (again)

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, Don't cut the guy. Let see what he does with the new regime(although, I don't foresee any revelation in the future). He does have talent just not grit and determination. If he screws the pooch again, we can could cut or trade him after the season - as if anyone would be willing to trade for an oft-injured, underachiever..

1152851303.jpg.0.jpg

Miami has until March to pick up the 2020 option on Parker for $5 million in salary and bonuses. If the Dolphins decide to cut him after the 2019 season but before March 2020, they’d owe him nothing.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/7...dolphins-training-camp-updates-devante-parker

Championship!!!

The one thing that is a silver lining in him remaining with the team is his potential to be more than what he has been.

Gets an extra camp at least cause tbe talent is undeniable. And you don’t give up on high level talent very easily

Lol, I bet he smokes everybody.

Then everybody scratches their heads and asks, “Who is THIS guy?”....

I believe his 2020 contract has no guaranteed cap hit? If so, that’s the only real good thing about bringing him back. That there’s no incentive to bring him back to hinder this offense for another year. Even with a bad O-line, I will always wonder what kind of offense we could have put on the field with a decent WR1 and Landry feasting in the slot.

I understand keeping him around for another year. We aren't exactly deep at receiver, and anybody comparable, as far as skill set, would cost around the same $. Drafting his replacement, in the previous draft, was really not an option either.

The injury plague is a concern though. He needs to be available for 16 games.

I'm a glutton for punishment for always rooting for this guy, but he has shown plenty of flashes of being a good receiver: the final drive vs the Rams in '17. The 6 for 134yds vs Texans last year. It'd be nice to see him put it all together for the entire 16 games. Preston Williams is going to push him in camp.

Enough. This is a Tannehill situation all over again. He's heading in to his 5th year with a grand total of 9 career touchdowns and we're still talking about "potential". We've seen the ceiling. Accept it.

If you take away the injuries you have a guy that does not play like his size suggests he should, doesn’t win contested balls, makes mental error after error, has low football IQ and finally just isn’t very good. He’s a meh player. Nothing less, nothing more.

Eh. I mean, he’s on the team so I’m rooting for him and I hope he exceeds expectations. But at this point it seems like there’s always been one reason or another that he hasn’t produced and the following year was always going to be a breakout or “make or break” year.
If the coaches can get something out of him, great. If not, the show must go on and I won’t really miss him much at this point.

Back
Top Bottom