Making a case for Lee Evans | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making a case for Lee Evans

Oh btw one more thing. What Deverey Henderson has is genuine 4.3 speed and athleticism, and a knack for making plays (see entire week of Senior Bowl practice, topped off with like 150 yards in the Senior Bowl game). Chambers lacked polish as well when he came out. He had athleticism and a knack for making plays. In his rookie year thats how we used him, to go in the slot and just streak down the field, use his vertical to beat up on crappy nickel corners.

I will concede one thing, I was wrong on the track at Indy, for some reason I thought it was a fast track. (That would be a reason there times are faster at their own days I suppose)

My point on Boston is this, he has more physical talent than Evans, but Evans is more consistent.

Fitzgerald has great hands, but on a catch by basis I'd say he dropped more of the "easy ones" than Evans. Of course it's just a concentration thing and he the potential to Cris Carter hands. Just going off of last year though, and the rating of Sporting News for the games I didn't see, Evans has the most consistent hands in this draft.

Quote, "He has the strongest hands in this class. Fights for balls in traffic. Comes up with a lot of jump balls because of leaping ability, timing, competitiveness, instincts and strong hands. Rarely drops a pass."

Hey, with the way this class is alot of guys have large amounts of talent. I just know some are going to bust plain and simple, I think Evans only real risk is those knees. ( a not small risk for sure)

Parrot...on the proverbial other hand, drafting a high round WR could be a catalyst for Boston to "prove" us wrong. He could say "Oh, yeah, I'll show them !" If Boston doesn't make it, whether it is because his head is not in the right place or because he is pissed or whatever reason, with the way the contract is written, it is not that big of a loss for us...It is more of a "get paid as you play" contract. Having a potential 3rd WR threat would be worth the risk of pissing off Boston, IMO. And obviously, if CC wants to bolt next year or we can't sign him for some reason, we have someone with some experience and potential to step in.

Parrot...on the proverbial other hand, drafting a high round WR could be a catalyst for Boston to "prove" us wrong. He could say "Oh, yeah, I'll show them !"

If Boston was that type of player, he probably would not have been unceremoniously dumped by the Cardinals and the Chargers. There are those kinds of players around the league, however until he proves me otherwise Boston's past actions should make us think that he's not that type of guy.

Henderson does not have the agility of Chambers, nor is he really an "over-the-middle" guy as of yet. We need a contributor not a project--especially with a 2nd round pick (assuming we'd only take him by trading down into round 2)

You may very well be correctin that assumption...thus the reason for this thread...which WR do we take, whether it is to compliment our current guys (CC/DB) or to replace one of them due to your reasons stated...

I like Evans, but injuries scare me. Henderson is not as polished, but more suited to the slot position. Williams is more of an outside guy. RS may go with Henderson, based on those assessments. But I don't think he be to far off with any of these guys...

And obviously, if CC wants to bolt next year or we can't sign him for some reason, we have someone with some experience and potential to step in.

Thats an interesting dynamic since the guy we would ostensibly have to replace Chambers, would be his good friend and former roommate at Wisconsin Lee Evans. I personally think one of two things could happen there. One, Chambers would want to stay cuz his pal is on the team. Or two, putting friends with a history together like that in an adversarial position could lead to bad things...since we don't know precisely how good "friends" they are, or if there are things in the past that have established negative feelings toward each other that could be brought out in such a relationship

Back
Top Bottom