Man Crush List | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man Crush List

You can't have a thread like this without addressing the other end of the spectrum also... a list of prospects that you believe to be much overhyped and overrated.

Tyrann Mathieu
Logan Ryan
Khaled Holmes
Michael Buchanan
William Gholston
Brandon Jenkins
Manti Te'o
Gavin Escobar
Vance McDonald
Kiki Alonso
Jelani Jenkins
Kevin Minter
Le'Veon Bell
Andre Ellington
Jawan Jamison
Tyler Bray
E.J. Manuel
Menelik Watson
Tyler Wilson
Keenan Allen
Cobi Hamilton
DeAndre Hopkins
T.J. Moe

Any of these players taken in the top 3 rounds is too high in my opinion.... with the exception of Keenan Allen. I'd take him in the 2nd round. Some of 'em I wouldn't take in the top 150.
Didn't see Bjoern Werner in either list for or against ... oversight ?

Can't speak for him but for me if I don't have a guy on my good list or my bad list it's just because I'm neutral on him. Not "underrated" nor "overrated". Just..."rated".

I think Werner is probably valued where I have him for the most part. If he comes off the board anywhere in the 15-20 range, it's a good place in my opinion.

I already did a brief list of guys I didn't like as much, but I'll expand it.

Tyler Wilson
Zac Dysert
Tyler Bray
Keenan Allen
Robert Woods
Justin Hunter
Zach Ertz
Dion Sims
Menelik Watson
Braxton Cave
Datone Jones
Ezekiel Ansah
Sam Montgomery
Damontre Moore
Johnthan Banks
Jordan Poyer

Some I would barely consider drafting at all (Tyler Bray) and some I just think are wildly overvalued (Ziggy Ansah). If you were to fast forward 3 years, I bet half these guys will be pro-bowlers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I forgot Zac Dysert. How could I forget him?

And man! Menelik Watson is really unpopular!

I love the guy, lol.

I love the guy, lol.

In your list you mentioned...

Chance Womack
Keenan Allen
Aaron Dobson

I really like all three. Do you just not see the value of where they could be drafted or do you not like their talent?

In your list you mentioned...

Chance Womack
Keenan Allen
Aaron Dobson

I really like all three. Do you just not see the value of where they could be drafted or do you not like their talent?

I don't see the value in Warmack where he's rated (mid-1st). I don't see the value in him until much later than that. Keenan Allen doesn't start to get interesting to me until maybe the 3rd round. Dobson I'm just not interested in at all.

I love the guy, lol.

TBH he was more of a last-minute throw in. I felt like I needed more than one o-line, so I just tossed in a guy I wasn't super high on, he doesn't really fit with the rest of the guys on my list.

I know your reasons for not liking Hopkins as much as other people, I'm curious if you'd take Hopkins over Allen or vice versa? I'm really not a fan of Allen, I can think of at least 4 or 5 other WRs I'd take before him.

I would take Keenan Allen above DeAndre Hopkins I think. In the end I think Keenan is more physically impressive and also more physical...has a fearless quality to him. I think he CAN run after the catch (why he doesn't do it so well right now, I've no idea).

1. Desmond Trufant- I think he is the best corner in the draft and we need corners.
2. Markus Wheaton- Best WR in the draft. I think he would complete our WR core. Really good route runner.
3. Alec Ogletree- Played ILB at UGA but i think he would be ever better at OLB. Great blitzer and is a former safety so could also do well in coverage.
4. Le'Veon Bell- I think he is the best RB. Reminds me a lot of Arian Foster but he probably doesnt fit our system so doubt this is possible
5. Cordarelle Patterson- Id love him if he was more of a route runner. He can do everything Mike Wallace can do and is bigger so he can break tackles. Id love to get him but i dont know how well it would work to have him and wallace that dont run great routes. Him and Wallace together would have the potential to be deadly though.

The more I watch Werner highlights the more I want to watch Tank Carradine. What an underrated prospect. Medicals are huge for him obviously, but a team is getting a heck of a player with an upside. Werner is not a bad pick, but does nothing explosive. He tries hard and works at it, but I do not think he will be special. He will not hurt his team, but not be a difference maker.

1st Round
DE Bjoern Werner, FS
OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia

2nd Round or Move up to 1st round
TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama

3rd Round
WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, FSU (flag: medical)

I made my list today...I was going to make a separate thread, but I think I will just add to this...I divided it based on "my favorites", "overrated" and "underrated". A few players overlap with my favorites and underrated.

Favorites-
E.J. Manual
Giovani Bernard
Stephan Taylor
Johnathan Franklin
Cordarrelle Patterson
Tavon Austin
Markus Wheaton
Stedman Bailey
Zack Ertz
Gavin Escobar
Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher
Lane Johnson
Jonathan Cooper
Ziggy Ansah
Star Lotulelei
Sheldon Richardson

Jesse Williams
Kawann Short
Alec Ogletree
Jarvis Jones

Arthur Brown
Desmond Trufant
Jamar Taylor
D.J. Hayden
Jonathan Cyprien
Kenny Vaccaro

Overrated-
Matt Barkley
Ryan Nassib
Mike Glennon
Eddie Lacy
Keenan Allen
Tyler Eifert
Jordan Reed
Kyle Long
Chance Warmack

John Jenkins
Damontre Moore
Bjoern Werner
Margus Hunt
Manti Te’o
Barkevious Mingo
Dee Millner

Johnthan Banks
Jordan Poyer
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Lester

Underrated-
Matt Scott
Ray Graham
Miguel Maysonet
Justin Hunter
Aaron Dobson
Conner Vernon
Chris Harper
Jasper Collins
Travis Kelce
Vance McDonald
Brennan Williams
Earl Watford
Brian Schwenke
Sheldon Richardson
Jesse Williams
Kawann Short
Datone Jones
Tank Carradine
Joe Kruger
Cornellius Washington
Gerald Hodges
Meshak Williams
Blidi Wheh-Wilson
B.W. Webb
Demontre Hurst

Wanted to bump my man crush list. Bolded the picks for the night.

Back
Top Bottom