man i was way off on the bills but spot on about the jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

man i was way off on the bills but spot on about the jets

I heard we weren't very good 2 years ago when we had TWO 3 game losing streaks and lost 5 of 6

I heard we weren't very good last year when we got humiliated 45-3 to NE in the biggest reg season game of the year then followed that up 6 days later losing to a medicore Miami team at home.

We'll win Monday Night, I will be shocked if we are any worse than 7-4 after these next 6 games.
they weren't very good that year, we all know what happened at years end. not worth getting into as its been debated a million times. either way they went 9-7 that year with those gimme games, that wont be good enough this year.

also, that year they had a very good run game and a very good oline, something they dont even come close to having this year.

their defenses of the past, although not elite were much better than they are this year.

also, how would you be surprised if your worse than 7-4 after these next 6 games? you guys play mia, sd, buf, ne, den, buf. i see you guys going at best 3-3 in that stretch leaving you guys at 5-6.

it's incredibly early, the Jets will be ahead of the Bills when it matters. We had a brutal 3 game road trip where we were terrible but the sched eases up and we'll be fine.

Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will be true. And keep tell yourself Sanchez is a good QB and that will happen too.

Guess what? The Bills are 8-5 in their last 13 games, including the Stevie Johnson drop against the Steelers (got us Dareus so thanks SJ). They lost in overtime to 3 playoff teams. They were about as good of a 4-12 team as there was.

They are learning how to win. The Bills only loss was a game where they blew a 14 point lead against a feisty Cincy team. Fact is Sanchez doesn't have a great oline, running game, and defense to carry him anymore. He has to win games himself and he can't. Luckily for you, Tony Romo saved you from being a game ahead of the Fins.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I heard we weren't very good 2 years ago when we had TWO 3 game losing streaks and lost 5 of 6

I heard we weren't very good last year when we got humiliated 45-3 to NE in the biggest reg season game of the year then followed that up 6 days later losing to a medicore Miami team at home.

We'll win Monday Night, I will be shocked if we are any worse than 7-4 after these next 6 games.

I'll take that bet. What are the stakes?

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Let me know when the Bills play in and win big games, then we'll find out if they know how to win.

So dumb. It's the freaking NFL. Every game is big.

Let me know when the Bills play in and win big games, then we'll find out if they know how to win.

Dallas and Jacksonville are big games to you? Baltimore, Oakland and New England aren't big games?

The Jets are 1-3 in the AFC and 0-1 in the AFCE. You guys are blowing it, and you know it. Certainly the Jets have the ability to turn it around, but they haven't shown signs that it is possible.

I don't know if the Dolphins will win 7. It all depends on which Matt Moore they get. I do agree that they are not the worst, and unless the team tanks on purpose, will not end up with the #1 pick in the draft.

The Bills have been playing better than they have in a long time. I don't think we will see a collapse like we have in years past due to a favorable schedule alone.

I see 7 easy games that the Jets should win, but they will need to get better in order to do so. The 2 games against the Bills could decide who gets the WC spot. At this point though, it's all just speculation.

The Jets have the Bills twice, SD, Pats Mia, and Den. If the Jets don't improve, I don't see how they come out of that with just 1 loss.

I think the only one we might lose is at Buf. they have confidence at home. We get NE at home where we haven't lost to them under rex, SD has to fly across Country for a 9AM pacific time game, we'll beat Buf at home, we'll beat Miami and we'll have to face tebow in denver. We are going to be fine even if we play like we have so far, peopla are acting like we have been blown out every week. We had the one debacle in baltimore but we had chances to beat both Oak and NE. That was an incredibly difficult 3 game road trip, find me a more difficult one.

they weren't very good that year, we all know what happened at years end. not worth getting into as its been debated a million times. either way they went 9-7 that year with those gimme games, that wont be good enough this year.

also, that year they had a very good run game and a very good oline, something they dont even come close to having this year.

their defenses of the past, although not elite were much better than they are this year.

also, how would you be surprised if your worse than 7-4 after these next 6 games? you guys play mia, sd, buf, ne, den, buf. i see you guys going at best 3-3 in that stretch leaving you guys at 5-6.

Yep, they made the AFC Championship game.

The OL is getting better, getting the best C in the game back helps.

Our D's weren't dominat either of the last 2 years.

Mia: win
SD: win
@buf: loss
NE: win
Den: win
Buf: win

Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will be true. And keep tell yourself Sanchez is a good QB and that will happen too.

Guess what? The Bills are 8-5 in their last 13 games, including the Stevie Johnson drop against the Steelers (got us Dareus so thanks SJ). They lost in overtime to 3 playoff teams. They were about as good of a 4-12 team as there was.

They are learning how to win. The Bills only loss was a game where they blew a 14 point lead against a feisty Cincy team. Fact is Sanchez doesn't have a great oline, running game, and defense to carry him anymore. He has to win games himself and he can't. Luckily for you, Tony Romo saved you from being a game ahead of the Fins.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I'll take that bet. What are the stakes?

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

So dumb. It's the freaking NFL. Every game is big.

Wow! 8-5 int heir last 13? That's incredible, congratulations. You beat the Lions(who hadn't wona road game in 3 years to that point), Bengals, Dolphins and Browns to close out last year(and you still finished losing 4 of 6 including being humiliated by our backups in week 17).

So close losses count? I guess we can whine about being a play or 2 away from being 4-1 this year? can we take away your 3 close wins?

Yes Tony Romo saved us but Brady throwing 4 INTs or oak you needing your WR to break up an INt on the last drive or needing an Eagle to jump offsides is pure skill.

I love how the Bills fans come out of the closet this year and act like we get gifts but all of their miraculous wins are somehow the product of a great team. You can't have it both ways.

I realize you haven't seen a playoff game in 12 years but games get bigger and the stakes become higher later in the season. You haven't played a true big game yet.

Dallas and Jacksonville are big games to you? Baltimore, Oakland and New England aren't big games?

The Jets are 1-3 in the AFC and 0-1 in the AFCE. You guys are blowing it, and you know it. Certainly the Jets have the ability to turn it around, but they haven't shown signs that it is possible.

No I'm talking about winning 4 road playoff games the last 2 years.

We haven't shown signs? We had a killer 3 game road trip and have played just one bad game this year. This team will be fine.

Tell me your honest opinion- when we lost 6 of 7 2 years ago did you think we were done? When we lost 3 of 4 in dec including a 45-3 game to NE last year did you think we were done?

I think the only one we might lose is at Buf. they have confidence at home. We get NE at home where we haven't lost to them under rex, SD has to fly across Country for a 9AM pacific time game, we'll beat Buf at home, we'll beat Miami and we'll have to face tebow in denver. We are going to be fine even if we play like we have so far, peopla are acting like we have been blown out every week. We had the one debacle in baltimore but we had chances to beat both Oak and NE. That was an incredibly difficult 3 game road trip, find me a more difficult one.

The Jets had never lost 3 straight by 9 or more points, and started 2-3 under Rex either. Things change. I agree that it was a difficult schedule, but the Jets have only beat 2-2 Dal, and 1-4 Jac. They are not playing well. If the Jets play like they have so far, they will be in trouble.

I have no idea what kind of fin's team will come out of the bye, we'll find out Monday night. Their season could be over if they don't fix their problems ASAP!!! I have been able to see 3 jets games so far, and they are not even close to what they were last year. Can they make the playoffs?? Maybe still a lot of football to be played yet, we'll see how healthy they can stay.
Bills are playing on alot of emotion, they feel they are in every game which is a good thing, can they keep that up all season? I'm not sure but as long as they stay healthy at key positions I like their chances.
As for the Pats, their offense is just amazing, firing on all cylinders right now. Their defense could be their down fall as the season progresses. Overall this has been a very strange year injury wise, I've never seen so many hamstring injurys on all teams.

The Jets had never lost 3 straight by 9 or more points, and started 2-3 under Rex either. Things change. I agree that it was a difficult schedule, but the Jets have only beat 2-2 Dal, and 1-4 Jac. They are not playing well. If the Jets play like they have so far, they will be in trouble.

Oh now it's by 9 or more points even though we had chances to win 2 of the 3 in the 4th qtr.

2 of the 3 are going to the playofs and the 3rd may be going to. Losing these 3 games is not as bad as losing to Buffalo & Miami as part of one of our 3 game skids 2 years ago and Miami & jax part of the 2nd 3 game skid. We'll be fine.

Oh now it's by 9 or more points even though we had chances to win 2 of the 3 in the 4th qtr.

2 of the 3 are going to the playofs and the 3rd may be going to. Losing these 3 games is not as bad as losing to Buffalo & Miami as part of one of our 3 game skids 2 years ago and Miami & jax part of the 2nd 3 game skid. We'll be fine.

It's actually 10 points, 17 points and 9 points to be exact. :)

You call cutting a 14 point lead to 7 with 5:00 left in the game, while the defense allows the other team to kick a FG bringing the lead back to 10 with a little over 2:00 min left, a chance to win?

You call cutting a 13 point lead to 6 with 7:00 left in the game, while the defense allows a 6:12 drive ending with a FG to bring the lead back to 9 with only 1:00 left in the game, a chance to win? The special teams can't block a punt and return it for a TD every game.

I don't think 9 wins are going to get the Jets in the playoffs like it did in 09, and the Jets don't have the #1 ranked rushing offense and defense like they did in 09.

When the Jets had their 3 out of 4 losing streak in 10, they had already won 9 games by that point. Going 2-3 in the final 5 games did not hurt them. That is a little different than starting 2-3 with the only 2 wins coming from Jac and Dal. This year they can't run the ball, and they can't stop teams from running on them. That is a very bad combo.

I'm not saying the Jets are going to miss the playoffs. I'm saying that if they don't improve, they are going to be in trouble.

It's actually 10 points, 17 points and 9 points to be exact. :)

You call cutting a 14 point lead to 7 with 5:00 left in the game, while the defense allows the other team to kick a FG bringing the lead back to 10 with a little over 2:00 min left, a chance to win?

You call cutting a 13 point lead to 6 with 7:00 left in the game, while the defense allows a 6:12 drive ending with a FG to bring the lead back to 9 with only 1:00 left in the game, a chance to win?

I don't think 9 wins are going to get the Jets in the playoffs like it did in 09, and the Jets don't have the #1 ranked rushing offense and defense like they did in 09.

When the Jets had their 3 out of 4 losing streak in 10, they had already won 9 games. Going 2-3 in the final 5 games did not hurt them. That is a little different than starting 2-3 with the only 2 wins coming from Jac and Dal. This year they can't run the ball, and they can't stop teams from running on them. That is a very bad combo.

I'm not saying the Jets are going to miss the playoffs. I'm saying that if they don't improve, they are going to be in trouble.

yeah, if our D holds Oak our O has a chance to tie. They couldn't.

Yeah,m if our D holds NE we have a chance to win. They didn't.

in '10 that 3 of 4 streak sent us from possible #1 seed and div title all the way down to final WC spot.

Only the Raidres really ran on us, NE had success mostly b/c they were smart running no huddle while we had our pass D personnel in the game. Our run D will be fine.

Absolutely they need to improve and I expect they will.

yeah, if our D holds Oak our O has a chance to tie. They couldn't.

Yeah,m if our D holds NE we have a chance to win. They didn't.

in '10 that 3 of 4 streak sent us from possible #1 seed and div title all the way down to final WC spot.

Only the Raidres really ran on us, NE had success mostly b/c they were smart running no huddle while we had our pass D personnel in the game. Our run D will be fine.

Absolutely they need to improve and I expect they will.

Football is a team sport. It's great the Jets offense can cut a double digit lead to single digits, but if the D can't hold, it means nothing. The Jets did not have a chance to win any of those games.

That losing streak in 10 pushed the Jets to the final WC spot because they had already won 9 games.

The Jets just gave up 152 yards to NE. NE's highest total this year. The only team the Jets held to under 100 rushing yards was Dal, who was passing at will. The Jets rank 26th in rushing yards allowed and 31st in rushing yards.

I agree that the Jets need to improve, but they have yet to show me anything for me to expect that they will.

Football is a team sport. It's great the Jets offense can cut a double digit lead to single digits, but if the D can't hold, it means nothing. The Jets did not have a chance to win any of those games.

That losing streak in 10 pushed the Jets to the final WC spot because they had already won 9 games.

The Jets just gave up 152 yards to NE. NE's highest total this year. The only team the Jets held to under 100 rushing yards was Dal, who was passing at will. The Jets rank 26th in rushing yards allowed and 31st in rushing yards.

I agree that the Jets need to improve, but they have yet to show me anything for me to expect that they will.

Jax got their yards in garbage time
Ray Rice averaged 2.6 YPC on 25 carries

NE ran it again b/c they outsmarted us, not many teams have a passing attack like NE w/ a QB like Brady. Our D has only really had the one bad game on the ground against Oak.

Jax got their yards in garbage time
Ray Rice averaged 2.6 YPC on 25 carries

NE ran it again b/c they outsmarted us, not many teams have a passing attack like NE w/ a QB like Brady. Our D has only really had the one bad game on the ground against Oak.

Jax had over 50 yards by half time, but with McCown at QB you could say that the whole game was garbage time. Rice may have only averaged 2.6 YPC but Ricky managed 4 YPC on 12 carries. NE rushed for over 150 yards for 4.3 YPC. The Jets are struggling against the run. You can try to spin it how you like, but this defense is not playing nearly as good as it has the past 2 years.

The D is playing similar to last year which is disappointing but I expect it will get better. Too much talent and leadership not to get better.

The D is playing similar to last year which is disappointing but I expect it will get better. Too much talent and leadership not to get better.

The D is playing a lot worse up to this point. Last year over the first 5 games, the D was only allowing an average of 79 rushing yards a game, and 16 PPG. This year they are allowing an average of 134 yards a game and allowing 25 PPG.

The D is playing a lot worse up to this point. Last year over the first 5 games, the D was only allowing an average of 79 rushing yards a game, and 16 PPG. This year they are allowing an average of 134 yards a game and allowing 25 PPG.

I'm talking about the year overall, last year our D was very inconsistent just as it has been this year. One week we shut down Rodgers and GB, the next Chad henne is throwing all over us just like this year one week we shut down Flacco and bal and the next week we get thrashed by oakland.

The D is allowing 21 PPG, you can't count the 3 TDs allowed by the O.

Back
Top Bottom