Mandich: "Bill Polian to file protest with the league." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandich: "Bill Polian to file protest with the league."

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Is this true? Mandich just said that Bill Polian was mad as hell and cussing at league officials in NE this weekend. What is this all about?

I agree that officiating sucked, but I don't think it rises to the level of Formal protest.

Hey, I hate the Pats, but this IS ridiculous.

Isnt he on the competion committe? Is he going to write himself a protest memo :lol:

It is ridiculous...the score shouldn't even of been as close as it was...his team got their asses handed to them. That's acting like a sore loser...Colts never had a chance...Manning and his receivers were punched in the mouth repeatedly.

The level of the officiating especially at the end was awful, almost to the point of bias against the colts. I can understand why he is doing a formal protest and I am glad he is filing it. Quality and officiating the last few years have not synonymous that is for sure.

It is ridiculous...the score shouldn't even of been as close as it was...his team got their asses handed to them. That's acting like a sore loser...Colts never had a chance...Manning and his receivers were punched in the mouth repeatedly.

They didn't get their asses handed to them....4 picks and a fumble and lose by 10?

MANNING had a very bad game...was pounded a bit, but he made some very bad throws that really put them deep in a hole, but I wouldn't really say they got demolished. They even had a decent chance late without those 2 non-call holdings.

I sure he won't include the a delay of game falg that Manning should've gotten..

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

They didn't get their asses handed to them....4 picks and a fumble and lose by 10?

MANNING had a very bad game...was pounded a bit, but he made some very bad throws that really put them deep in a hole, but I wouldn't really say they got demolished. They even had a decent chance late without those 2 non-call holdings.
Everyone calls the Pats lucky. Well, the Colts are lucky that the New England O sputtered 5 times in the redzone....you don't see that too often. Btw, referees didn't throw 4 interceptions...Manning did

I think what he is say is that if we had got a couple more TD's insted of FG the game would not have been close, lets be honest we dropped two TD's in the endzone and Brady threw a pick in the enzone if we complete one TD and add one field goal the game would not have even been close.

Asses handed to them? Down by a TD and driving there were 2 missed calls on holding and PI that would've continued the drive. If so, Indy had ample opportunity to tie the game.

That's the game I watched anyway.

Originally posted by justafan
I sure he won't include the a delay of game falg that Manning should've gotten..

I'm sure he won't....lol....but I counted holdings on both sides of the ball that weren't called. They missed a few obscure ones and an obvious one or two for Indy, but missed a TRUCKLOAD of in-your-face hold calls on the Pats....as well as a late hit out of bounds that would have been a direct factor.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Everyone calls the Pats lucky. Well, the Colts are lucky that the New England O sputtered 5 times in the redzone....you don't see that too often. Btw, referees didn't throw 4 interceptions...Manning did

I SAID Manning threw the interceptions and had a bad game. And the Pats O sputtering....well....nobody's perfect, including them. Players miss plays, they just seem to do it less often. As I've said before, the cold effects BOTH teams equally.

MANNING had a very bad game...was pounded a bit, but he made some very bad throws that really put them deep in a hole.

The pounding that the receivers took BEYOND 5 yards from scrimmage accounted for alot of that.

The officiating sucked. If you want to allow the receivers to get man-handled like that it would be best to allow it during the regular season too so a team could prepare for it.

The officials made a difference in this game by doing nothing at all.

The bottom line is officiating didn't lose this game...The Colts did.
5 turnovers in a title game?...no one to blame but themselves

Originally posted by ZOD

The pounding that the receivers took BEYOND 5 yards from scrimmage accounted for alot of that.

The officiating sucked. If you want to allow the receivers to get man-handled like that it would be best to allow it during the regular season too so a team could prepare for it.

The officials made a difference in this game by doing nothing at all.

Ya there was a good bit of that too, but I think most of the INTs he threw were just bad throws. 2 of them FOR SURE.

Ya there was a good bit of that too, but I think most of the INTs he threw were just bad throws. 2 of them FOR SURE.
yes, they were...none of them were cheap interceptions, like tipped balls, or deflected passes...just clean grabs, I recall.

Back
Top Bottom