Mangini leaving Pats?Jim Bates new DC? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mangini leaving Pats?Jim Bates new DC?

J Tes said:
The same or less money than what? He doesnt have a job right now so what are his options?
Bates thought that he had a very good chance to be the Phins h-c imho.. I think that he was very hurt by not being promoted.. Therefore there was no possible scenario that Bates would return to become part of Sabans staff..

Now that Bates has exhausted any chances of becoming an NFL h-c he still wants to be paid like a top assistant coach.. N England is well known for under paying their coaching assistants.. therefore it is very doubtful that Bates will become part of Belichicks coaching staff !!
:D

Marino1983

CrunchTime said:
Do you want to wager that the press will run with this theory tommorow.I have seen it before.The writers and constantly checking in FH to get some fresh ideas :lol:

As expected,here is the story.:D

Coming and going

The Tennesseean reported today that the Dolphins were denied permission earlier this month by the Titans to interview defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz for the same position under Saban. The Boston Globe reported Sunday that Saban has tried hiring Patriots secondary coach Eric Mangini as defensive coordinator. Mangini also could garner consideration for the defensive coordinator position at Cleveland or a promotion at New England if Crennel leaves.

Saban is expected to work toward completing his coaching staff while scouting college players this week at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

Marino1983 said:
I doubt that Bates will sign with the Pats.. Mainly because as others have stated,, the Pats f-o will not pay big $$$... Why would Bates sign a contract that is the same or even less money ?
:rolleyes:

Marino1983
bates isnt gonna end up in NE. theyre not that desperate to where there gonna take an entire defensive scheme and invite an outsider to come in and run it. any fill-in for crennel will come from within the patriot organization. my guess is pees. and i still dont count out bates landing a head coaching position but it has to happen soon. in other words new orleans should fire haslett.

Back
Top Bottom