Mangini leaving Pats?Jim Bates new DC? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mangini leaving Pats?Jim Bates new DC?

CrunchTime said:
Could it be that its Mangini is the one Saban wants and not Pees ? .He keeps things close to the vest and perhaps the press has not thought about that possibility yet.

Yep. Like me, the press has probably been under the assumption that Mangini would get promoted in New England. However, if Nick Saban throws an $800,000 yearly salary at him, then he may just leave New England for Miami.

KB21 said:
Yep. Like me, the press has probably been under the assumption that Mangini would get promoted in New England. However, if Nick Saban throws an $800,000 yearly salary at him, then he may just leave New England for Miami.
I would just love for Belichick's top choice to become our DC.

I doubt that Bates will sign with the Pats.. Mainly because as others have stated,, the Pats f-o will not pay big $$$... Why would Bates sign a contract that is the same or even less money ?
:rolleyes:

Marino1983

Marino1983 said:
I doubt that Bates will sign with the Pats.. Mainly because as others have stated,, the Pats f-o will not pay big $$$... Why would Bates sign a contract that is the same or even less money ?
:rolleyes:

Marino1983
The same or less money than what? He doesnt have a job right now so what are his options?

horrible new, but hey the guy deserves the best i really did like him, but our new guy is the best choice

kasaba13 said:
Boy, wouldn't it be nice to see them fall apart for years to come.
yeah like they were for all those years...until lately :D

The best part of all this is that if we get any of the 3 we still win!

IMO Mangini or Tomlin would be my choice both are younger and seem to fit into the staff we are building.

Don't the Pats run a 3-4? Bates doesn't like the 3-4, he loves the 4-3 with the way NE plays "D" I don't think BB will be changing his D scheme. I could be wrong, but thats a big change I don't think thats gonna happen.

feelthepain said:
Don't the Pats run a 3-4? Bates doesn't like the 3-4, he loves the 4-3 with the way NE plays "D" I don't think BB will be changing his D scheme. I could be wrong, but thats a big change I don't think thats gonna happen.
You have a point.Bates is well known for the 4-3 defense.I dont know how that will fit in with the Pats system.I dont think they will change it to fit Bates.

Actually I think its unlikely Bates would be hired as DC foir the Pats.A more likely scenario would be that he would be hired to be the PAckers DC.

I just wished that Saban and Bates could have worked things out and stayed with the team. I sure as heck hope he does not end up anywhere in the AFC-East. He knows our players inside and out and that could be damaging to us if we have to face up twice or more in a season against him.

TX-FinFan said:
I just wished that Saban and Bates could have worked things out and stayed with the team. I sure as heck hope he does not end up anywhere in the AFC-East. He knows our players inside and out and that could be damaging to us if we have to face up twice or more in a season against him.
Hey may know a couple of the players but he sure as hell won't know what schemes those players will be running or where the players will be comming from.

Bates.....I hope he signs with that Pats. Look at what he had as far as talent here in Miami. Star players! He couldnt get them to be the #1 defense year in and year out. He also never changed it up. So going to the Pats, I beleive he will have less talent, he will continue to not mix it up, and he will fail. Miami will role on him like theres no tomorrow. His "true" coaching ability will come out. For that the Pats will have at least 3-4 loses imo.

KB21 said:
Do you want to wager that the press will run with this theory tommorow.I have seen it before.The writers and constantly checking in FH to get some fresh ideas :lol:

If Bates went to the Pats...I'd wish him all the worst football-wise.

Back
Top Bottom