Manning defends Marino | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning defends Marino

Where do you guys get this from? Why is Brady arrogant and peyton not? B/c he makes dopey commercials? do you realize he's making fun of fans in a bunch of those commercials?

No, actually what I do is open my eye and watch how both react when things don't go their way, Brady is a much bigger prima-dona, and has a larger sense of entitlement from the Refs when he is hit.....I mean comeon they NAMED A RULE after him, I believe it's called "The Nancy Boy Can't Get touched" rule.

Ok so while we are at it we will just throw out special teams play because that isn't an important part of the game oh and we better not include overtime because that isn't important in the numbers and and and.

Sorry but you can not exclude that stat. It is included in every stat for every other NFL team and to exclude it for one and then compare it to another is unsound and bias. If you want to give me that freedom to compare I can make it look anyway you want me too. Hell I can make Detroit look good in that case.

even including OT the avg. is about 2 PPG which isn't much but why do we add more qtrs? is that fair? B/c brady was able to lead his O to points in his OT and Manning couldn't in his that should be a negative against the Colts D?

This should be apples to apples, in regulation the difference is less than 2PPG. I always love the excuse the Manning backers throw out there.

No, actually what I do is open my eye and watch how both react when things don't go their way, Brady is a much bigger prima-dona, and has a larger sense of entitlement from the Refs when he is hit.....I mean comeon they NAMED A RULE after him, I believe it's called "The Nancy Boy Can't Get touched" rule.

so b/c he lobbied for some calls against baltimore a few weeks ago that means he has a sense of entitlement? You've never seen Peyton lobby for a call? :crazy::lol2:

so b/c he lobbied for some calls against baltimore a few weeks ago that means he has a sense of entitlement? You've never seen Peyton lobby for a call? :crazy::lol2:

Yea, Brady only now started crying, he must be real good, 1st time he ever lobbies for a call, and he gets it. :rolleyes2: Who are you trying to convince he rarely lobbies for a call, you or me?

Come on Junc, your a Jets fan, a fan of most other teams I can understand thnking this way, but you have seen enough games against the Patriots to know that the guy can not get hit, and if he throws a pass incomplete and the defender is even an inch from from the WR, he expects interference, not thinks, BUT EXPECTS.

Peyton also at times will cry about a call, but he acts more like other QBs that think the call was wrong, but with Brady, he expects the call to be overturned....Brady takes it to another level, a much higher level.

even including OT the avg. is about 2 PPG which isn't much but why do we add more qtrs? is that fair? B/c brady was able to lead his O to points in his OT and Manning couldn't in his that should be a negative against the Colts D?

It isn't 2ppg it is if you adjust the stats which you can not do. It's more like 4 in the playoffs and it is 7th in the league for points to 14th in regular season but I am done arguing that point.

You also said in a previous post that regular season ppg doesn’t matter, well I beg to differ it matters from seeding and from the way the defense is playing at the end of the season. Seeding wise Indy and the Pats are close, usually 1 -4 on any given year but the defense is still edged by the Pats.

I am sorry but the Colts struggle on Defense and the reason it is amplified in the post season is because they are playing the best of the best on offense. It isn’t he QB play that has fallen off it is the fact the Manning is forced to over come more.

Yea, Brady only now started crying, he must be real good, 1st time he ever lobbies for a call, and he gets it. :rolleyes2: Who are you trying to convince he rarely lobbies for a call, you or me?

Come on Junc, your a Jets fan, a fan of most other teams I can understand thnking this way, but you have seen enough games against the Patriots to know that the guy can not get hit, and if he throws a pass incomplete and the defender is even an inch from from the WR, he expects interference, not thinks, BUT EXPECTS.

Peyton also at times will cry about a call, but he acts more like other QBs that think the call was wrong, but with Brady, he expects the call to be overturned....Brady takes it to another level, a much higher level.

It's the same way for all big QBs! You don't think peyton gets away w/ stuff like that? come on. he does it all the time. I hate Brady and the Pats more than anyone, I always root for Peyton and the Colts against them but I have to be honest. Brady is the better QB and it's really not that close when you factor in postseason.

It isn't 2ppg it is if you adjust the stats which you can not do. It's more like 4 in the playoffs and it is 7th in the league for points to 14th in regular season but I am done arguing that point.

You also said in a previous post that regular season ppg doesn’t matter, well I beg to differ it matters from seeding and from the way the defense is playing at the end of the season. Seeding wise Indy and the Pats are close, usually 1 -4 on any given year but the defense is still edged by the Pats.

I am sorry but the Colts struggle on Defense and the reason it is amplified in the post season is because they are playing the best of the best on offense. It isn’t he QB play that has fallen off it is the fact the Manning is forced to over come more.

I've showed you over and over again. You keep adding KRs, defensive scores, manning's INTs for TDs, etc... to the colts D total and that's not fair.

Indy always has a great record, their D PPG is not affecting their seeding. Did you know that 3 times they have had a 1 or 2 seed w/ a bye and home game in the div rd and they have lost EVERY time.

The bottom line is the Colts D perfoms well enouhg to win in postseason, the Colts O does not. You shouldn't need the '85 Bears to win in postseason but when your O scores less than 14 PPG in playoff losses that is basically what he needs. He has a D good enough to win in most years. It would be one thing if they were constantly losing 35-31 type of games but that has never happened.

Guys like Payton Manning only make the NFL better. He is a class act and really loves the game, fans and the overall competition of the NFL.

I think he is a great person off the field as well...

I've showed you over and over again. You keep adding KRs, defensive scores, manning's INTs for TDs, etc... to the colts D total and that's not fair.

And my original point before we debated the defense was that top to bottom Brady through the years has had an overall better team. Talent wise the drop off isn't as great in 2nd tier players on the Pats through the years. The only thing Manning had over Brady was at receiver, he had two great receivers and an outstanding pass catching TE other then that the Pats as a whole were a at a higher level talent wise.

I am sorry but I would still take Manning over Brady if I started a franchise, I think his defensive reading ability or football IQ is higher then Brady and I think he can make throws Brady can not make. The release is quicker which helps with pass rush and Manning is harder to plan for defensively.

I know Brady has the numbers as far as bowls but it is more the system of play and talent level he has had to work with. Let’s see what Brady can do in the coming years compared to Manning, the Pats are aging on D and it had already begun to show in the numbers. Manning will be going to the Playoff’s with three different head coaches after this year and that says a lot. He also has a D again this year, let’s see how it plays out. My guess is a shot at number 2.

Back
Top Bottom