Manning might motor out of Indy!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning might motor out of Indy!!!

i made this point a long time ago...

Payton Manning is the biggest Marino fan in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the season marino talks to payton about playing in florida for a contract that can go under the cap for 1-2 years (like griese) then become bigger in 2006. marino talked JJ into staying as the dolphins HC. Marino talked CC to comming back for the dolphins.

i wouldn't be surprised if marino tried to influence manning. Manning adores marino like we all do. you throw a defense at manning, and some FA offensive players into that offense and i really believe #18 could be a dolphin in 2004.

I Love seeing this stuff. If Manning doesnt restructure then we know how he thinks.

Teim, not Team.

Well at this point it looks as if the Dolphins(Ya I'm back) are just about 7m over with no FAs re-signed. It would take a huge effort to get Peyton Manning.

Bowens cut
Ruddy cut
McKnight cut
Griese cut
Fiedler cut after June 1st
Marion cut after June 1st
Surtain extension
Madison re-structure

I am not nearly as good as Clump(or pessimistic), but I will take a good guess at how much that will save.

25m. Manning will want about 13m his first year. Ya it can happen, but It will be really tight after the draft picks.

But I don't see it happening. Brunell will cost us 10m less in one year! Brunell is not a bad QB. He started off this year very well and the talent on that O as little as it was was not performing.

Now tell me if this does not look more attractive to you. Sign Brunell and John Tait. Then with the first we get from O-Gunleye probably the 11th pick overall from Houston nab Reggie Williams. Next take J.P. Losman or Phillip Rivers with our other 1st. For our third rounder Tony Pape(Jon Jansen clone).

Then we are set. Our blind-side protector will be switched to Tait at RT. Pape or Smith can play LT. Pape is darn well ready to play LT for us(actually front-side protector). If that happens a bulked up Smith can play LG, which he can. McKinney plays C and Yates or a healthy re-signed Nails can play LG.

That will not even cost us 13m. How much better does that sound!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't do it. The signing bonus is huge. He must be re-structured and we can save about 3m from that.

It was my understanding that a roster bonus due to Fiedler would keep him either on the team after June 1 or cut well before then. Can anybody confirm this?

Ah shoot your right. I think it's in April. Yes I guess he would have to be cut before that.

Originally posted by Jaj
Well at this point it looks as if the Dolphins(Ya I'm back) are just about 7m over with no FAs re-signed. It would take a huge effort to get Peyton Manning.

Bowens cut
Ruddy cut
McKnight cut
Griese cut
Fiedler cut after June 1st
Marion cut after June 1st
Surtain extension
Madison re-structure

I am not nearly as good as Clump(or pessimistic), but I will take a good guess at how much that will save.

25m. Manning will want about 13m his first year. Ya it can happen, but It will be really tight after the draft picks.

But I don't see it happening. Brunell will cost us 10m less in one year! Brunell is not a bad QB. He started off this year very well and the talent on that O as little as it was was not performing.

Now tell me if this does not look more attractive to you. Sign Brunell and John Tait. Then with the first we get from O-Gunleye probably the 11th pick overall from Houston nab Reggie Williams. Next take J.P. Losman or Phillip Rivers with our other 1st. For our third rounder Tony Pape(Jon Jansen clone).

Then we are set. Our blind-side protector will be switched to Tait at RT. Pape or Smith can play LT. Pape is darn well ready to play LT for us(actually front-side protector). If that happens a bulked up Smith can play LG, which he can. McKinney plays C and Yates or a healthy re-signed Nails can play LG.

That will not even cost us 13m. How much better does that sound!

the 3.5 mil added to the salary cap helps. griese alone saves us 7 mill..

we'll be OK. payton won't demand 13 mill per season if he wants a SB.

Remember that this isn't just a matter of what Peyton will demand -- it's also a matter of getting him from the Colts. The only real chance of that IMHO is a trade. I'd have to guess that they'd want something like both first rounders this year (should we lose Wally) and next year's first rounder. If it gets to a bidding war, Miami will lose because Miami can't really afford much more than the Colts can short term...

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Remember that this isn't just a matter of what Peyton will demand -- it's also a matter of getting him from the Colts. The only real chance of that IMHO is a trade. I'd have to guess that they'd want something like both first rounders this year (should we lose Wally) and next year's first rounder. If it gets to a bidding war, Miami will lose because Miami can't really afford much more than the Colts can short term...

he's a FA... there can't be a trade.

read the start of the thread with the franchise tag answers.

I'm pretty darn sure that an alternative could be a sign and trade. It seems to me that it's been done before.

I could be wrong about that, though. I just wanted to be clear that it was my meaning.

If this isn't possible under any circumstance, I think Miami's chances are actually reduced...

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

You'll be eating these words very soon :lol:

Just like your cap figures clumpy,, ALL to do with nothing .....

Enjoy YOUR crow !!!

And don't mind the BROOM.. I will try to not get any bristles in YOUR teeth clumpy ... :rolleyes2

:roflmao:

Marino1983

I say with our two firsts. Get Rashaun Woods who should be around in the middle 1st and Vernon Carey. Sign Brunell and draft Rod Rutherford in the third. Groom him slowly to replace Brunell by his third year.

Back
Top Bottom