Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...struggled-commitment-preparation-sources-said

As one player put it, Manziel throughout the entire 2014 season was a "100 percent joke."

Some said it should not have been a surprise, that the Browns were well aware what they were getting.

"During the draft process, not one person interviewed by the team said he was going to grow up," said one source directly involved in the drafting of Manziel. "You can't blame Johnny. This is who he is. The team knew that."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...struggled-commitment-preparation-sources-said

As one player put it, Manziel throughout the entire 2014 season was a "100 percent joke."

Some said it should not have been a surprise, that the Browns were well aware what they were getting.

"During the draft process, not one person interviewed by the team said he was going to grow up," said one source directly involved in the drafting of Manziel. "You can't blame Johnny. This is who he is. The team knew that."

But Flip, Awsi and Ted told us... well, I'll just drop this gem here:

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?353380-Johnny-Manziel-Critics

I'll stand by my comment, "Girlziel sucks".

Last edited by a moderator:
Manziel had "Bust written all over him". Here's the thing though, he was better than Elway.

"Elway finished 4-6 as a starter that year. He threw seven touchdowns, 14 interceptions and completed just 47.5 percent of his passes."

Makes you wonder how he ever lasted in the league. Manziel won't be granted the same patience, and he'll be bagging groceries by 2017.

Joanie Football may turn it around but the dedicated.pre-draft charade he put on was the anomoly. He has quickly reverted back to what I call his natural, ingrained "default" behavioral set. And he'll be swimming upstream to overcome that. But like all swimmers struggling against current, sooner or later he'll tire from the strenuous effort and capitulate back to the irresponsible, undedicated inner-self he naturally is. Not a QB to build a future around. :idk:

I always thought he looked like Pee Wee Herman...

Simply put, Browns drafted the wrong guy despite all of their homework and evaluation. Can anyone else join in with me and say thank goodness Ray Farmer isn't our GM?

That was a Jimmy Haslam call.

Even if it was I'm pretty sure Farmer was onboard because he pulled his name out of the Miami GM job pretty quick...he knew he was going to get the Cleveland job and he must have been excited about Manziel or else why would you stay? Drafting a bust at QB in the 1st round is the fasted way to get fired in the NFL. He should have taken Teddy Bridgewater but the Browns got conned by Manziel...the dude likes to say all the right things and then he goes and does whatever he wants. Aside from his attitude I didn't think his abilities translated to the NFL game anyway. It's funny that all the clowns that wanted to draft this kid have disappeared from the forum. There was some guy...J something 305...that was crying and saying the Browns would be in the super bowl with Manziel...too many people buy into the ESPN hype machine. If ESPN is hyping a player up...chances are he'll bust. Manziel, RGIII (who got a lot more hype than Andrew Luck for some reason), Cam Newton (who's been OK but not #1 overall worthy), Sam Bradford (who's made of glass), Tim Tebow...it's a warning sign. The more ESPN hypes them up the worse they are.

That was a Jimmy Haslam call.

If this is true then the irony is freaking awesome.

So Farmer balks about the fins job because of a murky power structure only to have his owner(who is a grade a moron) dictate who he drafts.
Well done Ray, well done.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
Breaking: #Browns QB Johnny Manziel has entered treatment Wednesday according to publicist Denise Michaels. Details coming soon

Browns GM Ray Farmer on Manziel going for treatment: "We respect Johnny's initiative in this decision and will fully support him throughout this process. Our players' health and well-being will always be of the utmost importance to the Cleveland Browns. We continually strive to create a supportive environment and provide the appropriate resources, with our foremost focus being on the individual and not just the football player. Johnny's privacy will be respected by us during this very important period and we hope that others will do the same."

Bump.

Johnny Manziel did not show up for the Browns game today. He wasn't inactive, or on injured reserve, or excused. He simply didn't show up, because he was in Las Vegas, partying.

The Browns tried and failed to reach him all day, and didn't hear from him until they got a message from his agent, who informed them that he was done with Cleveland and wanted to be traded to Dallas.

Yup. This actually happened.

Back
Top Bottom