Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami

They should start Manziel, though. Hoyer looks terrible. At least with Johnny you hope that he can lay off the coke and improve and work off of that natural talent.

With Hoyer you have nothing.

Connor Shaw looks quite decent tonight. Admittedly, against the 3s and guys who will be cut in a week.

I have a feeling they'll let Hoyer face Pitt, N.O., and Baltimore and we won't see Girlziel till after the Brown's bye in week 5 @ Tennessee after they presumingly start 0-3. Though the Steelers will be right back in Cleveland's backyard for week 6.

Oh yeah, that's true.

My guess is they will start Hoyer for the simple fact that they can come out of the gates, get crushed for a few games, and then immediately get the fans back on board by throwing in Manziel. Given the itchy trigger finger the owner in Cleveland has, Mike Pettine's got to think about that.

Of course, they could also come out of the gates red hot and win some games. But with Gordon suspended and the QBs playing the way they're playing, that defense is going to have to play out of its gourd for that to happen.

They should start Manziel, though. Hoyer looks terrible. At least with Johnny you hope that he can lay off the coke and improve and work off of that natural talent.

With Hoyer you have nothing.

Connor Shaw looks quite decent tonight. Admittedly, against the 3s and guys who will be cut in a week.

Hoyer actually looked pretty good in the first game, the problem was he threw a 30 yard sideline pass to Miles Austin inside the five that was outright dropped. He showed good field vision and based on what he did last year in a couple of games, I would give him a shot. Manziel needed to earn it and he didn't.

I'd be all for grabbing Connor Shaw if he's cut in favor of Grossman as Johnny 1-Finger's mentor. Of course if Cleveland puts him on their PS, if we claimed him, it would have to be for our roster for a few weeks instead of slotting him right into the PS. If we're only carrying Tannehill and Moore that probably wouldn't work.

Just enjoyed a write up in Forbes about Girlziel: :lol:

Whoever invented August didn’t take into account that patients are no less stressed while their shrinks vacation at Lake Winnipesaukee; that low volume does funny things to the stock market, and that ESPN has 24 hours to fill every day.

Of course, ESPN can take care of itself. It’s the audience that needs an alert as the network stretches stories like the NFL draft into four-month sagas, so that somewhere along the line, 25 players may be projected No. 1, even Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel, AKA Johnny Football, or now, Johnny (College) Football), so annointed by Mel Kiper, even if the little ranconteur measured 5-11 3/4 and the NFL declared open season on full-sized scrambling QBs last season, ruling they were fair game when they ran.

College reputations are also fair game, so Manziel shouldn’t have been surprised to hear from the Washington bench after one of his nine incompletions in 16 passes Monday night. Being Johnny Manziel, he was caught on TV, flashing his middle finger at the Redskins.

Rest of the story here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhei...football-now-an-nfl-backup-despite-espn-hype/

Grade A douchebag.

Douchebag_zpsb50dec22-1.jpg

*No FB, Twatter, etc. so this is pretty much my only social media outlet. I say that because I was curious if lil' Johnny's "bird" received any attention being that it was displayed on MNF.

On Monday Night Football! Can you believe that?

Yes, what a douche.

Well, I wasn't impressed at all with his play. The Browns in general have a lot of work to do. How did Bonito do, did anyone notice? I didn't see more than a couple drives of the game.

not a huge manziel fan or of playes flipping the bird but not really a big deal.. Most dolphans fondly praise Bryan Cox for his two fisted salute in Buffalo

not a huge manziel fan or of playes flipping the bird but not really a big deal.. Most dolphans fondly praise Bryan Cox for his two fisted salute in Buffalo

Yeah. I wasn't real offended by the flipping of the bird. I would say though that it makes me wonder if Johnny is going to be able to stay out of actual real trouble in the NFL.

The guy comes from bigtime wealth in his family and from what I read, doesn't even need a cent of the football money. I honestly wonder how he is going to react to being a clipboard holder and if he won't get into some actual trouble out of sheer boredom.

Yeah. I wasn't real offended by the flipping of the bird. I would say though that it makes me wonder if Johnny is going to be able to stay out of actual real trouble in the NFL.

The guy comes from bigtime wealth in his family and from what I read, doesn't even need a cent of the football money. I honestly wonder how he is going to react to being a clipboard holder and if he won't get into some actual trouble out of sheer boredom.

well He probably wont hold a clipboard too long. and football players do seem to get in trouble although Manziel has never been in really bad trouble

Interestingly enough I saw a statistic the other day in which football players were shown to commit far FEWER felony crimes than the average male aged 25-29.

Nobody really likes Buffalo anyway, even a Buffalo fan isn't really a Buffalo fan if you dig right down into it. Usually they came over from some other team in the early 90's.

Giving a Buffalo fan the two finger salute is actually a compliment to most of the time and usually you can find them saluting each other in the same way!

Interestingly enough I saw a statistic the other day in which football players were shown to commit far FEWER felony crimes than the average male aged 25-29.

I think u would have to base that moe on income than age or those males 25-29 with that same income.

Back
Top Bottom