Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami

Didn't wanna start a new thread... lets see how bad manziel is tonight I have nothing better to do

He looks okay. I do think he is gonna have to learn to play out of the pocket if he wants to make it in the NFL, and we're seeing a little of that tonight, where he certainly doesn't look like he's going to be able to run the ball as effectively as someone like Colin Kaepernick and we've already seen him having his ribs examined after a couple of hard hits.

The good news is, he's showing that he has the arm to transition.

He looks okay. I do think he is gonna have to learn to play out of the pocket if he wants to make it in the NFL, and we're seeing a little of that tonight, where he certainly doesn't look like he's going to be able to run the ball as effectively as someone like Colin Kaepernick and we've already seen him having his ribs examined after a couple of hard hits.

The good news is, he's showing that he has the arm to transition.

They need to understand they need to take advantage of the rules and sit the **** down and not get hit after getting what they can get.

But Runing QBs aren't going to understand that.

This play last night will sum up Manziel's career.

Read option, Manziel correctly keeps ball as the defender crashes in. However, he is dragged down for a loss, BY THE GUY HE BEAT.

They are faster in the NFL Johnny boy, those plays won't work here.

This play last night will sum up Manziel's career.

Read option, Manziel correctly keeps ball as the defender crashes in. However, he is dragged down for a loss, BY THE GUY HE BEAT.

They are faster in the NFL Johnny boy, those plays won't work here.

There was also that 4th down play where he had his guy WIDE OPEN for a first down and more, and instead elected to keep it -- and barely beat his guy to the edge.

But then there was the really nice 14 yard scramble he had where he looked like he was playing college ball. I'm not gonna lie, it's entertaining and compelling stuff to see what's going to happen with him.

I assume this is the play you're talking about.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpre...own-on-4th-and-1-preseason-det-cle.gif?w=1000

The fullback in the flat really only becomes wide open once his defender leaves him to dart after Johnny. There's only about a one second window to make that throw. Either you make it right when the guy starts charging you, or you then have to worry about eluding the rusher. He did raise his arm up like he was thinking about throwing it, and then tucks it back and sheds the defender. I suppose it's possible that he could have stopped rolling out, set his feet, and then dumped a twelve yard floater over the defender darting towards him, but I don't think its as easy a throw as you're making it out. I don't really have a big problem with it.

[video=youtube;v2d1iuGZHHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2d1iuGZHHI[/video]

1:32. Back to back plays there with a similar theme.

If you're gonna tell me Johnny "Mr. Football" Manziel is a better playmaker than the sluggish, non-playmaking bum we got playing QB for us, I'm gonna hold him to that.

Probably the best example is 2:21 on that video

Ehh, the guy wasn't in his face coming right at him there. Mostly what I was trying to get at is that people (not even necessarily posters here, btw) are selling Johnny Football as being an exceptional, transformative 'playmaker.' Okay, well, I remain skeptical of his ability to do it against NFL defenses, and that play there is just reinforcing that skeptical opinion.

He threw a worm burner off of a guy's shin? Fine. But to justify the hype, I want to see him make some 'wow' plays against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

[video=youtube;v2d1iuGZHHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2d1iuGZHHI[/video]

1:32. Back to back plays there with a similar theme.

If you're gonna tell me Johnny "Mr. Football" Manziel is a better playmaker than the sluggish, non-playmaking bum we got playing QB for us, I'm gonna hold him to that.

Can we give Johnny 2 years instead of 1 exhibition game please?

I have no idea how he will do but to evaluate after 1 preseason game is a little silly.

Can we give Johnny 2 years instead of 1 exhibition game please?

I have no idea how he will do but to evaluate after 1 preseason game is a little silly.

I'm not evaluating his potential as a long-term NFL quarterback. As I said, I think he's got the arm talent to do it if he can adjust his game.

I'm evaluating his potential to keep making the same kind of plays that he did in college. I would expect him to be able to clown on NFL 3rd stringers in pre-season if he's going to do that, yes.

Grade A douchebag.

Douchebag_zpsb50dec22-1.jpg

*No FB, Twatter, etc. so this is pretty much my only social media outlet. I say that because I was curious if lil' Johnny's "bird" received any attention being that it was displayed on MNF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both he and Hoyer were absolutely awful tonight.

At this point I think even Rex Grossman has to be in competition for the job.

Both he and Hoyer were absolutely awful tonight.

At this point I think even Rex Grossman has to be in competition for the job.

Funny thing is I can see the headlines reading something along the lines. "Johnny throws fourth qtr go-ahead TD pass". And for those who never saw the pass (aka 1 yard dump off) wouldn't realize the Dion lewis had EVERYTHING to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom